NH Berlin Potsdam Conference Center
ibis Berlin Dreilinden(Kleinmachnow)(Great Value!)
$68
Premiere Classe Berlin - Dreilinden(Kleinmachnow)(Great Value!)
$68
$102
$79
Agoda.com
  • Restaurant
All reviewslobby areasurrounded by treesquiet night's sleepnh berlinminutes by carpotsdam conferencepublic transportbreakfast buffet isbig cityfree of chargeburgercanalwannseeforestparklandgympaths
Reviewed October 3, 2011

I was more or less comfortable here. It's in a lovely setting, near the woods and river. But it's very remote and hard to get to both Berlin and Potsdam. You take a bus (to Potsdam) or a bus and train (to Berlin). The entire trip to Berlin took me over an hour, and with the wait for the bus and the walk to the station, it was about the same to Potsdam. The hotel itself is clean and nice-looking, but otherwise nothing special. The front desk staff were more or less helpful, but they gave me the wrong bus/train directions several times (three times, to be exact), and were a bit rude when I had trouble with it, which didn't feel great. The room was small, but not too small by European standards. There's a restaurant in the hotel, and it seemed to be a pretty lively place on the weekend. My biggest gripe with the NH chains, though, is the internet access. They charge for internet access from the rooms - I think it's 17.95 euro per 24 hrs - and then they offer it free from the lobby, but only for 30 minutes. So you have to get another passcode and login again every thirty minutes. It just seems silly. I've had free wireless from hostels, pensions, hotels, and resorts all over the world. Why do they charge for it and make it so difficult when everyone needs it? For this reason, probably, I'll avoid NH in future and only stay here if I have to. If you need to be in Kleinmachnow, though, this would be a decent place to stay.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank worldtour2000
Reviewed September 6, 2011

The hotel was clean, comfortable and spacious. Our room had a very convenient entrance lobby with wardrobe, so it doubled as a dressing room and meant that the bedroom could be left uncluttered. There was a kettle, but beverage sachets were limited. It was a shame that the free internet was so very restricted, and that there was no room safe.

The hotel is set in woodland, and is very pleasant to walk around. Some guests complained about the location. I would recommend checking the location of any hotel before booking. This hotel was in the right place for us!

The door card keys failed repeatedly, requiring many visits to reception to get them reactivated. Reception seemed used to this, so it must be a longstanding problem, and one which causes a lot of irritation. But of more concern was the fact that they just asked our room number, and then reactivated the card without any proof of ID; at one point we had four cards between us, and could have had them activated for any room number, as others could have had theirs activated for our door lock. Remember, there are no safes in the rooms.

This casual attitude to guest security was not my only gripe. I chose this hotel because its advertisements told me it had a gym (fitness centre). On my second morning, I put on my exercise gear, and headed off in the direction labelled "fitness centre". But I could only find an empty room. I enquired at reception, and was told that all the gym equipment had been removed two days previously. The receptionist was not able to provide me with a manager to discuss this with but did take my details and promise to note my complaint and arrange for someone to contact me. No-one did, so I asked again a couple of times during my stay, but each time there was no manager available. Finally, on my last morning, I spoke to someone who had a small amount of authority - possibly reception manager. He apologised for the lack of gym, and promised that they would be in touch.

Some time after returning home, I received a courteous email from the manager. He apologised and offered me some compensation, and I now feel I have been taken seriously, and my problems are resolved. It is a shame that it took so long for this to happen, but now I can look back on our stay at the NH in Kleinmachnow with satisfaction. I would go there again if I had somewhere else to exercise, and recommend it to others - as long as they can hide their valuables and don't want a gym!

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Boraxwoman
Reviewed July 27, 2011

I have been to many hotels around the world, and I must say, this hotel as a great staff, very dynamic, professional, I have been here in total over 45 days, different business trips, I am now sending all my partners and my customers to this hotel and this is thanks two majorly two amployes that made my experience completely different, Frank and Christine.

You can expect courtesy, good food, nice installation, they have sauna and sun tan available, people like me, staying long runs in hotels become very difficult, the staff as been their for me at all time doing their best to make my stay perfect, please do not hesitate to book, you will enjoy the calm and quiet and the professionalism of their staff.

sincerely, marc

Room Tip: try not to get rooms on the fifth floors, all the rest are great and large
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed May 27, 2011

I had never stayed at an NH before this trip, but I was pleasantly surprised. I see complaints here regarding the location but for me it was ideal - right near where I needed to be. The hotel is very modern, great lobby, spacious rooms, nice bathrooms. The sample toiletries in the bathroom were fun: bright green and orange and smelled great. The staff were fine - they left neither a positive nor a negative impression on me. Breakfast was fantastic. I will certainly be staying here and at other NH's in the future.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank thoma22d
Reviewed February 16, 2011

This hotel is very far from the city centre of Berlin.

The beds are awful and the breakfast is far overpriced. We stayed here for 5 days but they did not refresh shampoo and shower gel one time. You have to throw your towels out of the room before you get new ones.The staff in the restaurant and bar however is very friendly.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled on business