“dissapointed!!”

Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
saltburn-by-the-sea
“dissapointed!!”
Reviewed May 6, 2013

My wife & I were really looking forward to eating here as it was so close to the apartment & as it looked busy we thought it must be a popular eating place. The service wasn't what we expected as it was slow & the waiter brought the wrong food to the table. What we didn't expect was the toughness of the two different cuts of beef we ordered. After desperately trying to saw through my steak with a steak knife I gave up in disgust. My wife fared no better as her cut of beef was full of gristle. This is one place we'll not be going back to, however, in fairness it has a nice décor & is easily accessible to those who live on heart attack hill.

Visited May 2013

• Finnish first
Cleethorpes, United Kingdom
“Very Average”
Reviewed March 30, 2013

At top of hill in Los Cristianos and probably its only redeeming feature if you are staying nearby. Just above the Belvedere which is far superior for the same price. This restaurant crams you in. We found it difficult to talk low enough so the people on the next table did not listen. Food average without being bad. Sardine portion small and felt as if they were not cooked to order (warmed up). My wife had Pasta which was very nice. Service was very efficient but lacked attention and the personal touch. Very much lets serve them quick and get them out. This restaurant does give you bread and extras without telling you there is an extra charge for them. Wifi is free but the signal was so poor we and others nearby found it impossible to log on. The 1 litre of Champagne Sangria was barely 3/4 of a litre (full of ice) and was lacking in alcohol 11.95 euros!

• Visited March 2013
Derby
“Nice Meal”
Reviewed February 23, 2013

We ate here one evening during our stay and had a take out on another. This restaurant offers a good range of typical Italian dishes. We particularly enjoyed sharing the large pizza style garlic and cheese bread with our pasta dishes. Clean dna relaxed surroundings with good views over the resort.

Visited December 2012
Crawley
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“BELLA ROMA IS A GREAT RESTAURANT”
Reviewed February 2, 2013

We ate in this restaurant several times on every visit which is across the road from to our Beverly Hills Heights timeshare. When we had a problem the Owner visited us, apologised and gave us a free meal.

Visited August 2012
Leeds, United Kingdom
“Bella Roma”
Reviewed January 24, 2013

I stayed on the nearby residential complex of "Port Royale" for five weeks; and although it was self catering; I found myself getting takeaways from Bella Roma most evenings! The staff were really friendly and would often advise when I ordered certain dishes that the portions would be too much for one person! I tended to order mainly chicken dishes with various sauces; but sometimes ordered half roast chicken instead! I loved the Canarian potatoes; and if you have never had them; give them a try! Why just stick to English food, its like taking coal to Newcastle! I thing with the exception of just one evening the food was great; which out of five weeks is not bad! Considering that Bella Roma and Port Royale are right at the top of the hill in Los Cristianos; the restaurant gets quite busy after 7.30 in the evening! I tended to go in one hour earlier; and food was ready within 10 to 20 minutes! Must admit the ribs were the worst meal I had there; so in that respect I agree with the other review! But as I had had many previously good meals; I did not let that one bad experience put me off! Give it a try; you will get a warm welcome from the friendly staff! Great view of the harbour which is about 20 minute walk down the hill!

• Visited December 2012