“Typical Spanish.”

Restaurante La Brasa
Ranked #169 of 664 Restaurants in Arona
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Cash Only, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Santa Cruz de Tenerife, Spain
“Typical Spanish.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 20, 2012

If you want to eat great meat this is for you...We have been going here for years now and it has never failed to impress. Family run business with very high standards....The food is all freshly prepared and they have an excellent wine list....The waiting staff are very friendly and one or two do speak a little English.

• Visited December 2011
1 Thank Shirley B

• Polish first
London, United Kingdom
“From our favourite restaurant to our worst in one Fowl swoop”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 2, 2011

We have just come back from dinner in this restaurant.We usually have a great meal.Tonight my husband found a sharp plastic tag in his chicken.We called the waiter,and showed him.He tells me it is a tag from the chicken.I said yes I know but it is very bad.He takes the tag away, shows the boss and his wife and........Nothing.Apologize?....No. Offer something else ?....No The arrogance of the owner and his wife incredible.Where is the customer relations, how do you treat regular customers.And the bill, nothing taken off.Needless to say we won't be returning.This is the Tenerifian attitude at it's best,it is the same everywhere,astounding.

5 Thank b80bb
Palm Beach, Florida
“The Owners Were Nasty, Rude and Arrogant in my opinion”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 11, 2011

We ate there with another couple and had a horrible experience. In my opinion, the owner, owner´s son and other staff were rude, arrogant and seem to hate tourists.

I don´t know about you, but none of us eat RAW meat and when I say RAW, I mean it was completely RAW with blood dripping from it. The owner´s son used such body language, force and rude language with us that we can only surmise in our collective opinion is that the degree of arrogance and hatred conveyed to us by the owner´s son coupled with the attitudes of the rest of the staff make this a place to avoid at all costs.

In my opinion, the owner, owner´s son and other staff were rude, arrogant and seem to hate tourists. We ordered the specialty of the house and it was delivered to our table as RAW meat that needed to be cooked at our table on a hot plate, which they provided. While cooking the RAW meat the owner´s son rushed to our table and abruptly shutoff the hot plate and then scolded us for cooking the meat. Keep in mind that our ages range from 52 to 71 years old, we are not children. He stated, in a very nasty and rude tone to us, that the hot plate was only to be used to warm the meat.

The attitude of the owner´s son coupled with the attitudes of the rest of the staff make this a place to avoid at all costs.

It should be noticed that we speak 3 languages including Spanish fluently. I gave the owner an opportunity to resolve the issues and she just smiled at me as if to say too bad. When I told her I would write and distribute reviews on the internet she indicated she could care less. Spare yourself from a very bad experience and avoid this place like the plague. The name of this restaurant is La Brasa and it is located in Arona, Tenerife, Spain

If you’re the owner, this message is for you... I told you I would write about my experience!!!

Visited April 2011
9 Thank johnstevens2
“Excellent”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 26, 2010

We went here with a large group of about 10 people. Food and service were fantastic. This is very much a place for grilled meats. The prices are somewhat higher than what you are used to in tenerife, but then you get what you pay for. would like to go back tomorrow.

2 Thank Jimtheguanche
Edinburgh
“Grilled meat over embers”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 26, 2009

la brasa (the embers) is one of the finest restaurants in Tenerife for authentic Spanish barbecued meats with a large selection of Spanish red wines. I've been to this restaurant several times and have had a fantastic experience every time
the waiters are very professional, the food is the best quality, the interior is mainly dark wood and terracotta. Despite its uninviting exterior this place should appeal to any gastronome who isseeking the real Spanish experience and is tired of the many sub-standard eateries in and around Las Americas or Los Christianos. it opens at 8.00 for dinner

1 Thank Brian G