“Nicest food in Los Cristianos”
Review of Fortuna

Fortuna
Ranked #184 of 734 Restaurants in Arona
Good for: Families with children, Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed May 31, 2012

Most of the restaurants in Los Cristianos not surprisingly cater for the lowest common food denominator. La Fortuna is quite different in this respect.
This is a Slovakian owned restaurant, and I can't comment it it's typical Slovakian fare, as I've never been. What I can say is that is it very reminiscent of an Eastern European restaurant in that if you're a vegetarian I'd suggest you skip it. That may be unfair, as I have neither tried nor looked for vegetarian options, but meat dominates the menu.
I've been here a few times now, and have never had a bad meal. The quality is good and the portions are very generous. That ticks most of my restaurant requirements.
I'd especially recommend the half leg of lamb, but only order this is you have a big appetite.

Reviewed April 22, 2012

A nice place to eat, plenty of choice and food was tastey, hot and well prepared.
Lasagne and calzone was our choice and very nice it was to.

Reviewed April 19, 2012

My wife and I have been visiting here for more than twenty years and as expected we always receive a warm welcome from the staff and owner who treat us like old friends. It is true to say that we have tried everything on the menu, but my favourites are the half roast leg of lamb and the fillet steak. The lamb is so tender it literally falls off the bone and can be ordered with fresh cauliflower and carrots grown on the owners farm or red cabbage. There is a choice of potatoes to accompany every meal but with the lamb I always go for the roast potatoes/onions and mint sauce. The quality is fantastic and the portions are huge. Unless you have an enormous appetite, do not order a starter otherwise some of your main course will be going home with you in a doggy bag!!

Reviewed March 17, 2012

I've been going to Fortuna's for over 15 years & recently took my partner there & he loves it too. The fillet steak melts in your mouth & the leg of lamb is fantastic. Service is excellent & good prices too, everything you could want in a good restaurant!

Reviewed February 11, 2012

My wife and I have visited this restaurant on a number of occasions over many years. While it is compact in size and situated in a pedestrian-only street in central Los Cristianos, it provides exceptionally homely food and is always well patronised. A number of specialities appear on the menu but my own preference is the half-roast leg of lamb. It is always a challenge clear the plate and on this visit the quality and tenderness of the dish was outstanding. A slightly smaller portion of the same dish is now available on the menu.
Always a joy to return to this establishment.