“Beverley Hills Club (Silverpoint)”

Ranked #7 of 29 Hotels in Arona
Reviewed May 28, 2014

Went to Beverley Hills Club on a promo holiday in May and was in a studio. Although a studio the room was very spacious with twin beds, settee and chair that let down as beds and a dining table and chairs. Rooms clean and included hairdryer, iron and ironing board, complimentary toiletries, coffee maker, kettle etc.
Choice of 4 pools each with a life guard so very safe, although we only used one of them a it was 2 steps away from our room.Gym and restaurant on site although we didnt use them.
Complimentary bus to Los Chris and Las Americas
Location excellent with some wonderful restaurants within easy walking distance.
We attended the sales pitch that lasted around 4 hours, however it didnt seem that long as we were shown around the other apartments and facilities. I have to say that there was no hard sell at all - we explained we werent in a position to buy and they told us to enjoy the rest of our holiday, which we did
The resort is located up a hill which gives great views but would probably be more difficult for people who struggle to walk (I didnt see any lift either.
The only downside I can think of is that the drinks in the bar was a little expensive and the check out time was a bit early at 10.00 am, however there was luggage storage and showers.

Would go again and recommend to anyone.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Tracy T
Jajo_G, Manager at The Suites at Beverly Hills, responded to this reviewResponded February 5, 2015

Dear Tracy T,

Thank you for your feedback. Our mission is for you to enjoy your holiday in a pleasant and relaxed atmosphere and all our team is working to make your stay a successful one. We are therefore very happy to hear that you found our studio apartments to be spacious and clean.

We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay and we hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed April 22, 2014

i stayed at this resort on a promotional week as a single person as i registered my details in the airport departure lounge and found it quite enjoyable. the reception when i arrived were lovely and friendly, but when i asked if my room was ready i had to wait an hour, apparently this doesn't happen often. I went to the bar la piazza to get a drink and have a look around before i could check in, its very spanish themed and relaxing and the menu was OK, food and drink reasonable priced.

when i checked in to my room i found it spacious and welcoming also very clean and well presented. The bed was comfy and the air con worked well as it was a great temperature outside. loved the wardrobe space in my apartment and had hairdryer and iron stored away, even got soaps and hand cream in the bathroom.
The walk to bars and restaurants as they told me before i arrived were literally starting around the corner, great food in the area, steak houses, Chinese, Indian restaurant, food court opened up since my last stay on the island which do great cocktails and international foods. Lots of other shops and amenities in the area.

when it came to the promotional tour, i didn't seem to bothered about it, im fascinated by Spanish architecture anyway. they gave me information about the island i dint already know and recommended all the best bars and restaurants for me within the vicinity. they had packages and silverpoint products but i wasn't really interested in anything so i bought were excursion tickets from the reception.
The beach was a nice walk away from the resorts and lots of things to look at on the way. i also used the courtesy bus a few times and found it quite helpful as it dropped me off next to the beach.
All in all i rather nice stay and would definitely do the promotional holiday again.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled solo
7  Thank dannielle j

Dear dannielle J,

Thank you for taking the time to provide such a lovely review for your stay at The suites at Beverly Hills. We are glad that you enjoyed the atmosphere and the accommodation.

We loved having you with us and very much look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed March 28, 2014 via mobile

Having booked our silverpoint promotions holiday and assured that we would be located in the Hollywood mirage, we were disappointed to learn after a 4 hour flight that our resort had been changed, especially as l did my trusted trip advisor research. During our 15 minute taxi ride, l looked up Beverly hills and one of the reviews mentioned appt A116 don't accept it. When we arrived at the Beverly hills club, and checked in, to my horror we were allocated studio apartment A116! I told the check in person that we didn't want that room as we heard that it was noisy, you are subjected to the evening entertainment as the restaurant is located a few paces from the room, people walk by constantly and the coach to nearby towns arrive on the hour as well as the rubbish is collected early each morning - if you have time read this review our experience was identical. We were eventually moved two days later to the Hollywood mirage which was perfect - after sitting at the silverpoint office for 1 1/2 hours explaining how bad the studio room was. I hope no one else has to endure such an unpleasant start to their holiday. That said, we had a wonderful time, the weather was perfect. Oh before l forget, the silverpoint presentation lasts up to 4 hours far longer than any other time share or holiday ownership presentation which is usually 90mins so again be warned!

• Stayed: March 2014
22  Thank Lindy16UK

Hi Lyndi16UK,

Firstly we would like to thank you for taking the time to share your experience at The Suites at Beverly Hills. It is only through feedback such as yours that we are able to maintain and indeed, where necessary, improve upon the service that we provide to our valued guests.

We have taken your comments very seriously, so please be assured that your suggestions are taken into account by all our team and we are working on remedial measures to correct any deficiencies that our customers indicate.

Reviewed March 26, 2014

We were invited to a promotional week from my wife filing in a form in Tenerife airport one year so we thought we would give it a go.
We know the area well as we have spent most of our time in Club Tenerife a few hundred yards away.
On arrival we were greeted my Markos who was friendly and very obliging but that's where the customer service ended really.
We were pointed in the direction of our apartments and my wife and I struggled to carry 2 x 20KG suit cases up many flights of stairs to our room we called ourselves mountain goats on our stay as this is how it made us feel.
The room was adequate and the fittings and accessories were of a high standard but not fantastically clean we washed all our cutlery again as it was sticky and not very nice.
The shower rail was falling of the wall and despite mentioning it to our rep nothing was done about it during our stay.
The Supermarket on site was brilliant and the staff were always helpful, there was an English guy who worked there and nothing was to much trouble.
Our promotional day was the first main day of our stay and we had to give up half a day to listen to the pros and cons of Silverpoint.
Do not be afraid of the presentation as it is very professional and not high pressure, you do agree when you go to the half day so enjoy it as you get taken round the different resorts and if I had the money I would buy one as the Mirage and Heights are beautiful.
The only minus to the presentation was we were not offered any food and both me and my wife were starving when we left.
Food was being offered to other people around us but we couldn't work out how you qualified as we dropped quite a few hints that we were hungry maybe you had to buy an apartment to qualify for food.
The two pools were clean and nice but both of them were devoid of any bars how can a resort miss out on thousands of Euros every day by not having a bar at pool side its crazy.
The worst part about the whole complex was the Customer service the people who worked on the complex had this didn't really want to be there kinda attitude and as I work in a customer service industry I found it really frustrating.
We witnessed a Norwegian guy standing at the bar for at least 7 minutes 2 foot away from the barman who was doing paperwork who would not acknowledge he was there until he had finished his paper work I was horrified.
After a meal in the same bar/restaurant we had to get up to get some ones attention so we could pay, not good, apparently we were told that if you ask for the bill three times in Tenerife and you have witnesses you legally do not have to pay you can walk away a lot of people could eat free here that's for sure.
On our last day we came back from a frustrating day as we had arranged to meet an apartment owner in Las Americas who had failed to turn up and we were tired and hungry so we to waited at the bar, and the only barman on duty had a big pile of table clothes in his hand and it was apparent that we were no going to get served until he had laid all of the tables so I said to my wife that's it I am not waiting any longer and the guy then immediately sparked into life and I just said to him no!!!! to late.
You get the chance to stay at the Beverly Hills Club or Mirage on a bonus week usually two days before you fly I would chose the Mirage for Luxury or the Club if you were not going to use any of the bars.
But if you are like me I will always suck any enjoyment that I can out of any circumstances on any holiday because its not long before your back to the 100 mile an hour way of life in a week or two weeks time.
Enjoy.

Room Tip: Our room was B204 nice views not to noisy.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
7  Thank CliffHighWycombe

Hi CliffHighWycombe,

Many thanks for taking the time to provide such a comprehensive review for your stay at The Suites at Beverly Hills.

We take feedback very seriously so be assured that your comments are taken into account by our team. We appreciate your review as it enables us to focus our efforts to continually improve our customer service and will help us to meet the needs of all our guests in future.

Reviewed March 23, 2014

Poor welcome at reception, very unfriendly with no smiles. Unclear instructions on arrival, took us longer than necessary to find accommodation. Very unhelpful.
Lack of information at breakfast time, constantly low supply of breakfast food, cups & serviettes etc. breakfast had good fresh bread but the hot food constantly cold.
Meeting long but well informed, our rep Richard was very informative and very helpful. Gave us lots of useful information on resort and local interests and good places to eat.
Entertainment good but short, male animation lad, can't remember his name, was friendly, happy and very good at his job.
Had lovely room overlooking the pool and sea view, very quiet and comfortable with 2 beautiful balconies that was very well furnished.
Nice place to stay, lots of exercise walking up and down hill. Lots of bars & restaurants locally at reasonable prices. Watch out for the lager served in large round glasses, no indication of price until you see your bill, cost 5.25euro in playa.
I have rated this average due to the unfriendly staff.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank lorrainehancox

Dear lorrainehancox,

We want to thank you for choosing The Suites at Beverly Hills for your stay in Tenerife, we really appreciate your feedback. We are glad to hear that you found your apartment to be comfortable, quiet and well furnished.

We take feedback as a paramount to our success. Therefore we would like to assure you that we have taken on board your suggestion.

We hope that very soon we will have the opportunity to welcome you again.

Reviewed March 21, 2014

Generally I never stay in self-catering places but as a friend invited me along because her parents were being talked into buying an apartment it was a chance to get away. There is a supermarket in the complex and a bigger one just outside if you cant find what you need. There are plenty of bars close to the apartments with good priced beer and really friendly staff.
We stayed in H207 which was nice and quiet and above the quiet pool, though this one tends to be very shaded from the sun so try and get to the other pool if you can. Also, the welcome pack states not to reserve your sunbeds with towels early and we noticed a few times when people were looking for sunbeds and they were reserved the life guards moved towels of people that hadnt been there which was really helpful.
Would certainly visit these apartments again. The only downside is that its a very hilly island so its all downhill to the Las Christianos beach and all uphill back to the hotel which can be tiring. There is a courtesy bus which goes every hour between the hotels, Las Christianos and Las Americas and this is great to get back to the hotel, but dont leave it late as the last bus is at 6pm.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
3  Thank Hei2005

Dear Hey2005,

Many thanks for taking the time to review your experience with us. We are delighted that you and your friend enjoyed our our resort and that you found your studio comfortable.

We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed March 14, 2014

Good facilities and comfortable apartments but be careful what apart.you chose. many of them are located in narrow alleyways with no outlook with other guests passing within a few feet of your patio.
Try to get a room overlooking the 'quiet pool'. The other lower level pool is quite busy and can be noisy.The restaurant is reasonably priced with a good selectiion as is the supermarket
If you are an older person or have mobility problems in getting about be aware that there are many flights of steps to be negotiated especially if you are located at the top end of the complex.
My partner and I went on a promotional week and paid £90 which was excellent value but if you are offered a week on this basis do not accept their first offer as I have spoken to a few people that negotiated a lower price.
The sales presentation lasted almost SIX HOURS and was at least twice as long as necessary and no cost was mentioned until near the end. Do not sign anything whilst there and insist that you wish to think it over when you return home.

Room Tip: Request block G either on level 2 or a poolside apart.
Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Moting

Dear Moting,

Many thanks for taking the time to review your experience with us. We are delighted that you and your partner enjoyed your stay and that you found our apartments to be comfortable and spacious. We are also glad that you enjoyed our facilities.

We have taken your comments very seriously, so please be assured that your suggestions are taken into account by our team. Our mission is to offer the best vacation to our guests, based on the provision of professional service and high quality products.

We hope to see you again soon.