Just back from a week in Beverly Hills Club after "Winning a free weeks stay self catering in the 5 star apartment" well 5 star it is not more like 3 star. and we never really won a holiday we were in Tenerife last year and when leaving at the airport we got caught by a lady offering the chance to win a holiday all we had to do was just fill our details on a form a couple of months later we got the call that we had won whoop whoop. a small booking fee of under £30 and we had a weeks free holiday oh yeh plus flights but hey still a cheap holiday plus we also had to attend a morning or afternoons presentation on timeshare with no obligation to buy. Alarm bells started to ring! done a bit of research and yeh it was straight up. so what the hell we went for it. had the choice of 4 hotels beverly hill club, heights,mirage all spose to be 5 star and palm beach 4 star. we chose the heights and were told that was fine when we arrived we were given the club hmm not a good start.but lets see what its like apartment had a nice view but no way the 5 stars we were told. More like 3 stars room had 2 bedrooms 1 with en-suite apartment looked like it could do with a refurb floor was dirty walking around with bare feet ended up black and kitchen had loads of little mites running around the work top. paid extra 6 euros per day for wifi or you could have a week for 25 euros only had it for 2 days and gave up as 30 mins just to get facebook on then 15 mins per message was just not on. oh also beware the welcome pack now you would think 1lt of water 1lt of uht milk some sachets of sugar coffee and a few tea bags would free in a "5 star" apartment" but NO unless you inform reception you dont want it it costs you 5 euros.
Tenerife for us was just a bit dull not much to do especially as the week we went was cloudy most days and cooler than usual so water parks were out of the question spent most of our days just walking down to the prom and finding a place to eat or drink. some places do a pint for 85 cents bargain. Wish the kids could drink beer as soft drinks are at least twice the price. and OMG how sick i was of hawkers trying to sell me glasses or watches drove me mad.
Anyway on to the presentation morning or afternoon we were told it would be. We hoped for a morning as we know that would end at noon and yes we got a 10.30 appointment cool this should only be about an hour and a half. Wow i was wrong we were there for 5 hours the only bonus to this was the salesman Craig Cameron He was a top bloke yes it was 5 hours but with him it did not seem that long put the kids into the creche while we went on the presentation woman in there was very nice and looked after them very well gave them drinks food and video games drawing ect they loved it so much they wanted to go back. Craig also looked after us with drinks and food told us all about how the time share works showed us around different appartments very interesting but too much info to take in and make a decision on the day.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Beverly Hills Tenerife is a charming resort in an amazing location, with stunning views over the town of Los Cristianos to the blue Atlantic Ocean beyond. The resort has a lovely relaxed atmosphere with a delightful open air piazza bar, lush avenues between the apartments and lots of shady spots where you can relax and soak up the laid back lifestyle. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, Orbitz, Hotwire, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and Hotel.de so you can book your The Suites at Beverly Hills reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Beverly Hills Club Hotel Arona
- Beverly Hills Hotel
- Beverly Hills Resort
- The Suites At Beverly Hills Tenerife, Canary Islands