“excellent and friendly service”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Arona
Beverly Hills Heights
Ranked #12 of 31 Hotels in Arona
swindon
“excellent and friendly service”
Reviewed July 4, 2009

We went on our holiday with our three young children, we were impressed as soon as we walked into the reception, the staff were very welcoming. The rooms themselves were very spacious, and fully equipped and lovely and clean. The pool is a lovely temperature, not to cold, and the pool is supervised by a lovely pool attendent (Victor)who goes around looking after everone, putting up sun umbrellas and making sure no one is burning! and is fantastic with the children, even helping ours learn to swim, he was great. The resort is nicely situated, a supermarket and two nice restaurants right opposite, and a few more bars and restaurants just a little walk away. we had a lovely time and the Beverley hills club, opposite, has entertainment every day and evening for children and adults, which was nice. We would definatley go back again.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank cazSwindon
Jacopo G, Public Relations Manager at Beverly Hills Heights, responded to this review, February 9, 2015
Dear Trip Advisor Member,

We are currently reviewing our customer feedback and we really appreciate your comments.

The Beverly Hills Heights

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (97)
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
Berkshire
Reviewed June 19, 2009

We have just returned from the usual promotional holiday run by Great Escapes. We knew what we were letting ourselves in for, having read the various reviews on Trip Advisor and were prepared to endure the hard sell for the sake of the free accommodation, which was excellent if lacking in a lift! Our presentation was on the Saturday, which suited us as it got it over and done with. The pleasantries lasted about 2 hours and the hard sell another 2 hours. When the rep had finally accepted we were not buying we then were taken on by the line manager who was not particularly pleasant, trying to belittle our decision. However, we finally were released and emerged into bright sunshine, determined to find a nice cool beer down by the beach!
We had a great time exploring the Island, having hired a car from the UK. However, on the first day of hire, we were trailed by thieves who smashed a car window and stole my handbag, although we were a mere 10 yards away. I was now minus some euros, a driving licence and passport. A word of advice here - if you hire a car pay the extra for damage waiver and windscreen/window damage. I can recommend Recordgo as a firm as they accepted back the damaged car without a murmur and promptly replaced it with no extra charge. The Spanish Police will do little until you have rung in and got an Incident number. Here the reception staff at the Bev Heights were excellent, sorting out the police, setting up the statement and enabling us to make the calls to the airline, who then set up a meeting at the British Consulate to get an emergency passport. Not quite what we had planned to do with our time but much less frustrating than it might have been.
On a more positive note, we would recommend the 5 hour whale, dolphin and Los Gigantes trip. Also getting up Mount Teide - it is expensive but worth it - you can even get the permit to get up to the very top by e-mail from the UK as long as you are prepared to scan your passport into the system. We also drove to Masca - a beautifully sited village in the mountains and walked the Barranco del Infierno gorge at Adeje. It might well be worth booking this in advance as school parties fill the daily quotas.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple

scotland
Reviewed May 8, 2009

We are just back from a cheap week at tht Beverley Hills Heights. The apartments are beautifull but hardsell takes the goodness out of it. We were at the presentation from10am to 15.30 and when we asked how long it would we be, the salesman said as long as it takes,in other words until he gets a sale.This is extremely well organised there must have been at least 40 couples in this large room ,when we were there, and they do this Saturday Monday Tuesday and Wednesday.
One woman stood up shouting and screaming about being bullied into buying and that is exactly how it feels. I would not go back to this or any other offer , you don't get something for nothing.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank clarkyScotland

Lowestoft, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 27, 2009

My wife and I plus two friends stayed in the Beverly Hills Heights resort as part of a promotion offered by Resort Holidays from 17th to 24th April 2009. We had hoped for the Hollywood Mirage when we agreed to come over as part of the promotion but we were glad that we didn't. I will talk about the promotion talk by the sales reps later.

We arrived on the Friday afternoon and as soon as we reported to the VIP Taxi area we were on our way to the resort by taxi supplied by Resort Holidays. On arrival we had a very easy and quick check-in and our cases were taken to our apartment - we stayed in C615 a two bedroomed apartment which was at the far corner of the complex which meant we had a huge balcony and great view of Los Crisianos. The apartments are of a very high standard with the main bedroom having an en-suite with both shower and seperate bath plus two sinks. Second bedroom is next door to main bathroom so not far to go during the night! The kitchen area is a bit small but overall the apartment is equipped withall that you need to make your stay very comfortable. We certainly made use of the fridge with food and drink brought from a local Spa supermarket just 10 minutes walk down the steps at the end of the resort. Do not make use of the welcome pack - very expensive! Worth taking own coffee/tea bags etc.

The facilities on the resort were adequate and as the complex only has just over 120 apartments it was reasonably quiet - this was the reason we preferred it to the other resorts Unfortunately the bar come resturant closed at 6.00 PM but you had use of all the facilities at the Hollywood Mirage and the Beverly Hills Club which included bar, a shop, resturant and nightly entertainment as well as two pools per complex but these pools seemed busier than ours. You can buy a beer for two euros and a full english breakfast for only 2.50 euros. Both complexs are right next door to the Beverly Hills Heights which meant minimal walking. It is cheaper to use the local supermarket but still worth using the complex shop for milk/bread to save the walk down and up the hill again! There was also a courtesy bus to and from Los Crisianos Harbour but this ended at 19.15 pm. Taxi's back however were obnly 4.00 euros!

We found Los Crisianos very reasonably priced with breakfast and a drink included for under 3.00 euros and beer ranging from 1.00 to 2.50 euros - so it was not as expensive as I thought it would be. Again meals were very reasonably priced both in the resorts and down town. One resturant I would highly recommend to anyone staying in Los Cristianos is the La Rodeo which is on the outskirts of Playa da Americas only 10 euros by taxi. This is an Argentinian Resturant where you pay around 18.00 euros for a meal which includes as mush as you can eat from the salad bar and where you are brought a choice of 9 different meats that have been cooked by use of an open flame. The waiters just keep bringing out the meat on very large skewers and you can have as much as you like! The drinks aren't too expensive either with a schooner of port only 1.20 euro. We all agreed that this was one of the best resturants we had all been to anywhere so if you feel hungry and want a change go!

We spent a day in Mount Teide National Park which is unbelievable - nothing I have ever seen before. We were planning to go up to the summit of the mountain by the cable car but the price of 25.00 euros per person put us off. I think the Island Tourist Board should look at this as I believe more people would use the cable car if it was cheaper - many tourists there said they didn't go up because of the price.

The rest of the time we spent by the hotel pool - one member of staff who excelled in his job and attitude to guests was the pool lifeguard, he couldn't do enough for you! We also spent sometime down at the beach - many beaches to choose from all pretty much the same where two sun lungers and a brolly can be hires for the day for 9.00 euros - very glad we paid because it was very hot during our week!
Another bar by the beach we would recommend is "The Breeze Inn" very welcoming and only 1.00 euro a pint before 7.00 pm. Nearly all the bars down town had nightly entertainment which were of a reasonable standard and some resturants had 3 course deals for under 10.00 euros.

Now for the only bad part of the holiday - the promotional talk. Only two hours after checking in there was a knock of the door by a lady who was the resort rep. She then informed us of the name of the Sales Rep who would be along later to let us know when our appointment was - no choice of day or time in this. Morning of talk Mark came and made sure we were up at 9.00 am and then came back to take us to the office at 10.20. The company already knew that my wife and I are timeshare owners and this doesn't make a difference as he was not there to sell you a timeshare - they do not have any left to sell!! They want you to invest a large sum of money instead for property development! I had been forewarned by another guest so we went with the mind set of whatever they had to sell we were not interested. After two hours of polite chit chat about nothing in particular I went on the offensive and asked what was the reason for the promotion - he then goes into his salesman mode - after this you are shown an apartment in the Hollywood Mirage and another further away which is 7* and not very nice unless you like things all modern. Anyway after making Mark prefectly aware that we would not be investing in any money in anything we were seen by his manager and allowed to enjoy the rest of our holiday. They do provide drinks and snacks if required.

If you do go down this route for a cheap holiday in a very nice apartment in a nice resort then please go ahead - both my wife and I agreed that the holiday was worth the four hours wasted in their office in exchange for the use of the apartment and resort for only a small amount of money. Please just make them clear from the outset that you are not interested in anything they have to sell/offer unless actually interested. Beware though some couples were there for over 6 hours and it didn't matter if the children were with you!

I would definetly go back to any of the three resorts again and would recommend them to anyone even if you have to go via the promotional route!

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple
6 Thank KizzilovesMurphy

London, England.
Reviewed February 28, 2009

This was the third time we have been to Tenerife and before we went I said it would be the last, The Beverley Hills Heights has changed my mind!

We went on a promotional package for timeshare resale (is there such a thing?), and from the moment we entered the system at Tenerife South airport, the people we dealt with were fabulous. The girls at the airport, the 'porter' at the Heights, the receptionists (there was a different one nearly every day!) all were brilliant. Helpful as can be, and caring.

There were a couple of minor maintenence issues, but they were resolved IMMEDIATELY by the very friendly engineers, and the maids treat you like family when you come across them.

The room was a really good quallity, overlooking the pool, which itself is very nice and safe with the vigilant lifeguards always around.

The only two critisisms I had is that the Patio Bar at the Heights closes at 6pm so you have to go out of the Heights for a drink or meal after that, which means a walk back up the hill! Also the 'All Day English Breakfast' finishes at midday!!!

While we were there we went to the Camel Park near Las Americas and I also recommend that for a camel ride/safari.

The reps! What can I say about the reps? Our meeting was on the wednesday so we had 5 days uninterrupted! Our rep was a very nice man, very friendly, very interested in us - until he knew it wasn't going anywhere! To his credit, he still stayed with it until the senior manager came over to 'sign us out', ie have a last plug at us! He stormed off like a petulant schoolboy and spoilt the whole mood the rep had built up over the previous 6hrs - yes 6hrs! Doesn't time fly when you are having fun? I nearly lost the will to live!!

The deal offered was very convincing, and I was tempted, but of course no-one in their right mind signs on the day, and despite the rep insisting that he would not have ANY problem selling the 6 apartments he wanted me to invest in, I found out from a local businessman that the tourist trade is dying on its feet at the moment, being down 40%, so who would be buying apartments? Unemployment on the island is apparently soaring,

All in all though The Beverly Hill Heights is a brilliant place and I recommend it.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled as a couple
5 Thank 2468pdm

Wimborne Minster, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 15, 2009

We arrived at the apartment at 8.20 in the evening. By the time we had our meal/drink it was quite late. So when we got back to the lovely room with sea views, unfotunately overlooking the road (wich was quiet at night at least) I put the DO NOT DISTURB! sign up so we could have a lie in! Well we were on vacation!

9am the door bell rang. We had just put the kettle on for breakfast!! The Resort Rep was there wanting to arrange a meeting with us. So we arranged 10am. 7+ hours later we are still with him. I wouldnt say it was hard sell but my Husband and myself are not the typres to be rude, so the first day was wasted in their office!!" I was not well, I had lost my voice and he plied me with honey and lemon all day!!

We are going back because we liked it there but my Dad would not like to be disturbed at 9am!! WE are on holiday they should respect the signs on the doors. (after all this is your home for the next 7 days)

• Stayed February 2009, traveled as a couple
3 Thank janegDorset

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 27, 2008

If your looking for a holiday were you wanna go out every night and get wrecked, this probably aint the best place to go to. Dont get me wrong, its got a really good night life, just not as lively as you'd probably expect (young ens) However you can always get a taxi down to las americas which we did most nights, theres the Veronica Strip which is ace, and theres a head kandi club, so if you like your dance music, i'd deffinatly reccommend it. (They also do foam parties which are wild, there so fun, especially when your drunk ha!) Anyway, you can go in the LA showbar near this hotel which is open every night and has different acts each night, i enjoyed them and i'm only 18!! They did a really good abba show it was soo funny, maybe cos they got my dad up to dress up as one of the guys lol! The hotel was great, we had no problems, our room was nice and was cleaned every day, we even had air conditioning (which is really worth it) cos when we went it was boiling! They do a really nice restaraunt across the road, think its called the steak house, i really enjoyed the food there. The only downside is probably the hills, i vagley remember being piggy backed up it after we'd hit the clubs cos i couldnt walk lol The holiday reps are really nice, sometimes do activities in the pool which are fun. Also my friend pulled the pool guard, which was rather amusing!! All i can say is i enjoyed it here, and i'm your typical like to get drunk in a lively atmosphere, but like to relax during the day time and soak up some sun, and i really really enjoyed it (even with my rents!) I met some great people here which i still talk to now, and i'd recommend it 100%/ Love to go back soon.

• Liked — The pool and the balcony
  • Disliked — The hills!!!!
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

The Beverly Hills Heights
Also consider these accommodations in or near Arona
TRYP Tenerife
Spring Arona Gran Hotel
Spring Arona Gran Hotel
#4 of 14 in Los Cristianos
The Suites at Beverly Hills

Been to Beverly Hills Heights? Share your experiences!