“When can I go back?!”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Arona
Beverly Hills Heights
Ranked #11 of 29 Hotels in Arona
Reviewed November 13, 2008

This is one of the nicest hotels I've ever stayed in. Five adults shared a two bed (one en suite) apartment very comfortably.

The accommodation was clean & comfortable, with good facilities (TV with wide range of British channels [not that we watched it much!], spacious bathrooms, good storage, lovely large balcony, well equipped kitchen).

The resort itself also had good facilities - the pool (& its wonderfully friendly attendant) was really good, & the bar even held a Canarian lunch which was a bargain. There are good supermarkets, bars & restaurants nearby. It was also close enough to the affiliated hotels, so we spent most nights in the Show Bar of the Beverly Hills Club after dinner in town. The entertainment in the Show Bar was actually pretty good, even though I don't usually like that sort of thing!

The only down side is that it is quite far from the beach & town centre. However, there is a free bus service (with a lovely driver!) that runs throughout the day, & the walk itself isn't too bad.

I read a lot of horror stories about Time Share reps & things before I went, but not once were we spoken to about time share or pressured into anything.

I really want to return to this hotel as part of a holiday with children next year, as I think it was relaxed & quiet enough that it would also suit a family stay.

I really recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: November 2008, traveled with family
1  Thank Trollied_Dollie
Jacopo G, Public Relations Manager at Beverly Hills Heights, responded to this reviewResponded February 9, 2015

Dear Trip Advisor Member,

We are currently reviewing our customer feedback and we really appreciate your comments.

Reviewed October 26, 2008

Nice resort or you can say Motel. Very nice & Clean place. All at Reception desk.pool attendent, Pool Bar & all the cleaninng staff really nice & hard working. Nice place relaxing. But only down side is Beverlyhill timeshare Rep, They just come to your door, Even If you say you not interested in buying anything. They still take you for quick walk, That mean you lose your easy 3 hrs from your quality break. Apart from Rep, Bus driver take everyone to Beach Very very Gentle Man. We enjoyed the sunny Tenerife Weather. My advice to anyone want a Good time at Beverlyhill Heights on your arrival put a note on the door,
No Sale Rep & Don't Disturb Sign

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled with family
1  Thank orangelake

Reviewed October 7, 2008

We did a timeshare exchange as a guest. Beverley Hills Heights was a lovely resort, beautifully maintained and very helpful staff, especially the lifeguard at the pool who was absolutely marvellous, making sure everyone was comfortable and was absolutely brilliant with the few children who were there. The rooms, I thought, were of a very high standard and a good size. The pool area was very peacefull and never crowded at the time we went.
Loved the restaurant in Hollywood Mirage and went in there three evenings and had really good meals outside on the terrace overlooking the pool. Also liked the restaurant over the supermarket close to Beverley Hills Club but didn't like the steak house on the corner close to Beverley Hills Heights.
Found the walk back up the hill after you had been out hard going and also the steps up from Beverley Hills Club to Beverley Hills Heights after you had had a drink at night.
The downside was the 4 hours we were kept in captivity in the timeshare office. A young rep came to our door Tues evening around 6 and said was everything ok, did everything work and we assumed he was from the hotel, he said he would get some names and details of good restaurants locally and places we may like to visit and bring them back 10.30 the following morning. He came and took us back to his office, which was like I imagine a call centre to look like, big office which must have had about 40 desks and computers in, and captives at each desk. Their ploy is for the young person to have a little char about families etc. and then their Manager moves in and tries to sell you a a time share (or a block of sell to rent units). They can be very, very persuasive and I would recommend anyone who has no intention of buying to steer clear of them.
Apart from that, a wonderful week and can't speak highly enough of Beverley Hills Heights.

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled as a couple
4  Thank ValSouthEast

Reviewed September 22, 2008

Having returned from a £99 resale Time-share trip to Los Cristianos, Tenerife I would like to share my experience of being a guest!! At the Beverley Hills Heights/Club/Hollywood Mirage or the Palm Beach Club. I state all of them as you are allocated your apartment on arrival. Friends of ours recommended us to give this a go.
My husband and I usually do All Inclusive holidays as we work hard, we like to be pampered when we go away.
I went there with my husband, 20 year old daughter and her boyfriend. Armed with a variety of information and varied experiences gained from reading reviews from the sight, thus was well aware of what to expect from the reps
On arrival informed we would be staying at the Beverley Hills Height, not the best location given the age of the youngsters in tow!! We were directed to the waiting taxi, laid on by the resort.
On arrival, around 10.15 we were given our room keys and made our way our rooms. The room we were given was of a very good size with an en-suite bedroom. The main bathroom had 2 sinks, which was novel. There are towels provided and a small tube of shampoo, bath gel and body lotion in both bathrooms
The down side for me here was there was no dishwasher or washing machine. There is a laundry service located at Beverly Hills Club and the Pool area at he heights. On arriving to the room there was a welcome pack, which came with a charge for the welcome pack 5.95 euros. Which consisted of 8 tea bags, 1L of long life milk, and a 1.5L of water, or you can pay an extra 10 euros and have additional jam and marmalade. A little extortionate I thought,
On unpacking we went to reception to enquire of where to get some food locally and was informed that everywhere would now be closed.
One of the porters did inform us the Hollywood Mirage served food until 11pm. On arriving there it was 11.02pm and were informed that the kitchens were now closed.
Ended up having to order in a pizza takeaway Very disappointing that somewhere like this resort did not have amenities for so many people arriving at a resort so late at night.
A 3 minute walk will take you to the local supermarket, where you can purchase a large number of local and English produces. This supermarket is much more cost effective than the one’s in Beverley Hills Club and Hollywood Mirage.
As the whole of Tenerife was explained to us extremely quiet, we had no problems with getting ourselves a sun lounger when we needed one. Do not take a lilo, as all inflatable items are not allowed. If you do not take your own beach towel you can hire one for 9 euros a week, or do what my husband and I did and purchased 2 from the town at 4 euros each. Daughter and boyfriend are used to low end holidays and had packed their’s.
There is a limited amount animation around the pool, and you can use the amenities at the other resorts at a cost.
We never saw anything of the rep until Sunday evening when he eventually caught up with us to say that we needed to attend a presentation at 10.30 on Tuesday morning and that he would come to collect us. Very nice young man who informed us that we were under no obligation to purchase.
Tuesday arrived along with the rep, which took us to what was a room that I would imagine a call room to look like. Complete with all the screens in the room to entice the weak ones amongst us, to part with a large amount of our hard earned money
5 hours later, a very pleasant, thigh slapping I want to be your mate, non aggressive sale and then a manager who eventually got the message that we do not hand over that amount of cash to anyone without having gone away and thought about it. We managed to say our good byes and still £40,000.00 in pocket.
We were one of the lucky ones to only be held, in what we felt was captivity for 5 hours. I have been informed we were lucky not to still have been in there at 8.30pm.
I am so glad that my parents have never been hassled by the new more matey approach to selling timeshares, as I believe that they would be vulnerable to this new tactic, and would not have the resistance to say NO.
Other than that we did come away with some very nice place to shop and night out in Los Cristianos should you want to travel far and want a night life that was not full of rowdy youngsters, even my daughter approved of the bars and clubs that we went to. In saying that she is at University in London so appreciates nice place to go to.
Shopping: - Catch the free bus to the harbour and walk around the beachfront to Praque Santiago III. Which is a small shopping mall that sells a lot of electronic items, handbags, jewellery, shoes, watches, and sunglasses. Do not pay what the good s are priced at, and do check out prices on the Internet before you go. I was tempted to purchase a pair of sunglasses, but went and checked out the prices on my ipod. I could get the same item back home on the Internet for £50 and free delivery! The electronic items are a good price. A number of these shops are opened from 10.300 – 1400. Then again 17.00 – 22.00 – 23.00 depending on the time of the year and how busy they are.
When you exit the other side of the building onto the main road. You turn right and a few hundred yards down the road on the left hand side is a very large mall called Safari Centre which houses a number of designer shops, to include Zara, which is slightly cheaper than home, but then Zara is a Spanish shop.
Some the jewellery shops here sell the same items as Praque Santiago III, but at a marked up price.
Dining: - As this is very subjective I would not recommend anywhere, as this is very subjective as each taste bud differs. If you want something very special and enjoy watching you food being cooked then there is a Teppanyaki restaurant in the Safari centre, which is great, ask for the Chef’s table. Not cheap but a very enjoyable experience
Nightlife: Veronicas, which is situated just in front of Starco has always been very popular in the past, has now got a poor reputation. Make up your own mind.
In the same area as the Safari Centre is a bar called Harry’s bar, where they do good cocktails, you will also get to see the light show from there which is put on every night, 3 times a night and is something worth seeing, then off across the road to the Magic Lounge where they have a live act on each night. On a Friday and Saturday evening there is a nightclub at the back of the lounge, which is very impressive.
If it is a weekday and there is no disco, you can take a walk around the back of the Safari Centre to the Buda Bar, again very classy and the DJ plays a good mixture of music. Both of these places must be great as we noted the wealthy residence of Tenerife we in there each time we went, so brush up on your Spanish as they like to talk ;o)
There is also a nightlife in Starco which has Yates, Yellow, Mimickers and Tramps club in there, but to name a few.
Beaches: - of which there are a number, but not for naturest out there. No nude sunbathing. If you want a nice beach, head out to Playa De Duque. Nice sands and very secluded. 6 euros to hire a lounger and brolly, and 9 euros for 2 loungers and a brolly.
A walk around the beach back towards Playa De Fanabe. You will find a very low end eating place called Ottello 11. Very basic, but the food there was very cheap and very, very good.
Trips; - there are a number to go on, Hiring a car for few days to get around on your own steam is better value for money, especially if you have a family. Plus you can get much higher up Mount Teide than the tour will take you on. There are also some treacherous roads around the island, which you need to stay well clear of.
Euros: - as the exchange rate is very poor at the moment, take sterling or travellers check to the island, as the exchange rate is better over there than at home. If you use you cards to purchase or pay for items over there you will be charged for this, unless you have time to open a Nat West account which does not charge you!! Although we have also taken money from the ATM and the exchange rate was very good.
Would we return, maybe, as the weather here is guaranteed all year round, and only a 4 hour flight. The resort was a way from the main centre, although it was nice a quite. (Not school holidays). There is a free bus, but stops running at 19.00.
The taxis are also good value for money, but again will add to the cost of you holiday.
Check out is at 10.00 much too early and if you have not been talked into purchasing one of the resale timeshares then you will not be able to extend this time.

Stayed: June 2008
3  Thank Panther05

Reviewed August 2, 2008

Date of travel – 11th July/1 Week
4 Adults – 2 Couples/ 22-26

Booked through gift certificate programme. Parents own RCI timeshare. Check in date was Friday, however to fly out on the Friday was double the price to that of midweek flights, therefore we flew out the Wednesday and stayed in a cheap all inclusive hotel for 2 nights found on www.otbeach.com, (Columbus Apart hotel) still saving and adding two extra days to our break. Definitely worth it.

BHH

We had heard about the HILL…. And yes it is a very steep hill and I can appreciate walking up from the very bottom must be a mission, however as we had hired a car we only ever walked the part from the Beverly Hills Club after the entertainment (more on than later) and it was actually quite a laugh. However those with difficulties could find it a struggle as we were always out of breath after the hike.

Check in was @ 5pm, however arrived at 3pm and were quite happy to sit around the pool, but to our delight our room was ready.

Ground of the hotel were lovely, exceptionally clean and definitely looked well looked after.

Our Room. What can I say, it was wonderful. We had a two bed, two bathroom, full kitchen apartment, and I can not fault it at all. It was spilt over two levels with the master room upstairs and the 2nd bedroom, bathroom, lounge and kitchen downstairs. The master bedroom had an en-suite and its own balcony looking over the pool. There was also another balcony off the lounge with a magnificent view over the island. Beds were huge and very comfy. The overall standard of the room was great, the only minor things I could fault was that the lock on our bathroom door was broken and the tiles were a little grubby but it really was no big deal.

The Pool. Is not massive, and they could do with maybe a few more beds out as we were never up before 11am and therefore it was often a battle to get a sun bed. However this was our own fault, so we just went and sat by the poolside and laid by the edge of the pool. The (hot) lifeguard…there are a few but you will know the one I am talking about, could not do enough to get you a sun bed when one became free, and I don’t think we ever waited more than 10mins for him to find us one. The water is great, extremely clean and refreshingly cool. The sun is on the pool till gone 7 and the sun is still blazing at this time.

Bugs. I hope this does not put you off, however our room did become home to a few pesky cockroaches. Now I hate them and freak out at the sight of them, however I did get used to seeing them. We probably had about 4/5 over the week find there way into the master bedroom. For some reason we never found them anywhere downstairs???? The room is provided with bug spray (under the sink) and the stuff is lethal, it kills them instantly!!

Nightlife. We went into Las Americas 3 nights out of the 7. I have been to Tenerife/Las Americas before, when I was 17, then I thought it was a bit tatty, however it is even worse now, a lot of the Veronicas complex has changed and there is not as many bars as I remember there being. I have been to Malia, Zante and Magaluf, and the Las Americas was no where near as busy or as lively as these. Don’t get me wrong we made good evenings of the nights out, however If you are a group of girls or blokes on a holiday I would recommend trying one of the newer destinations out as Las Americas is unfortunately a bit dated and tired.

Complex Entertainment. The BHH was the quieter resort and you able to make use of the Beverly Hills Club (5mins away). The BHC has the Las Vegas Show bar which we visited a few nights and can honestly say had great nights in. The entertainment team work hard and it shows as the performances are great. The bar itself is pretty impressive. It gets packed out so to get a decent seat get there at a good time. It also gets warm in there so wear something light. Also happy hour is a great time to get the drinks in; it makes the walk up to the BHH more bearable.

Trips. We went to aqua land and did the dolphin boat trip. Both excursions booked through the complex the day before each and great deals. Recommend the boat trip; the dolphins come right up to the boat. They anchor up and you get to jump in the FREEZING Sea, but it’s lovely. The dolphin show at aqua land is worth it too.

Bad Stuff. Keep an eye on your bag whilst in Las Americas. My bag was stolen from a table while my back was turned for seconds. Camera/Phone gone.

Car. Booked through autoreisan. Recommended.

Overall we had a lovely break in Tenerife. Weather was great and we all had a wonderful relaxing time. Would definitely recommend this hotel for families and couples.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled as a couple
1  Thank EssexJetSetter

Reviewed May 12, 2008

My wife and I have stayed at Bevely Hills Heights for the last 3 years during August and enjoyed every minute. The staff are helpful and friendly. The pool is large, busy with children (it was August) but well maintained and carefully managed by the friendly life guards. The apartment was very clean and well supplied with kitchen equipment. The maid comes in every day to tidy and clean. Residents can use the other facilities available in Beverly Hills club and the Bevely Mirage. There is a night club in the Bevely Hills Club but this tends to have a lot of children around even after 12 midnight when adults might expect them to be tucked up in bed. For this reason visitors might want to visit Los Cristianos or Las Americas of an evening. There is a free bus to the Harbour at Los Cristianos during the day which stops at 7.00 pm which is far too early. Other reviewers have mentioned the rather steep hill up to the complex which can be a trial but taxis are so cheap that a short journey up to the complex is well worth the cost of a few Euros. Locally there is a good number of reasonably priced restaurants and bars to suit all tastes. The 'all you can eat' Chinese restaurant is very good value and the food is good basic fare if a little fattening. Try to eat away from the sea front at both Los Cristianos and Las Americas as you get a better deal and better food however, remember this is Spain and the food is never that good.
Al together I recommend Bevely Hills Heights for most types of visitors and Tenerife for all visitors.

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled as a couple

Reviewed February 23, 2008

We booked this holiday via RCI points system and got a 2 bed 2 bath apartment with the main balcony from the living room overlooking Los Cristianos and the sea, and our 2nd balcony from the master bedroom overlooking the pool.
The Heights is part of a complex and we chose it for its quietness [the pool and pool bar close around 6pm] but if you wanted a bit more action then the other comlexes have night time activity and entertainment.
Considering it was half term, the Heights was about 70% full and we had no problems getting pool loungers and umbrellas There was one afternoon when it was the Heights turn to hold the childrens entertainment for all 3 complexes around the pool, other than that time it remained pretty quiet!
We did do the walk down and back up on one day and lived to tell the tale! However the complimentary bus during the day was a bonus to avoid the 'hill' and on one evening we got a taxi back up and it was 6euros for the 4 of us from Los Cristianos centre.
As both my mum and myself have health issues which I thought might hamper our enjoyment of the location, all in all we need not have worried.
Supermarkets and restaurants are all within walking distance if you really cannot get around too much. Whilst we found some of the restaurants in close proximity a bit lack lustre for service and quality of food, short walks soon found better alternatives.
I did meet with the 'rep' and had the obligatory meeting, but in fairness found him to be quite polite and not too pushy - I own a large number of points so he was limited perhaps in his sales pitch about increasing my quota to enjoy more benefits within the RCI system.
At the time of booking RCI said I would have to pay a guest surcharge [the left hand does not know what the right hand is doing as a guest surcharge is when I assign my points for a family member to go on holiday without me - however I bit the bullet and accepted what they were saying as it wasn't an extortionate amount] however by the time of travel, this surcharge has now been waived so that was an added bonus!
Overall we found the Heights to be spotlessly clean and the apartment although a bit tired [it is over 20 years old] was still of a marvellous standard. Reception were very helpful and checkin officially 5pm, but our room was ready when we arrived at 3pm.
Would certainly go there again given the opportunity but at the time of writing the Heights has a 1 visit in 4 years rule via RCI unless it is your home resort.
We wanted a lazy chilled out holiday and that is what we got.

• Stayed: February 2008, traveled with family
1  Thank Ruthless333

The Beverly Hills Heights

Also consider these accommodations in or near Arona
TRYP Tenerife
#8 of 13 in Los Cristianos
Marino Tenerife
Marino Tenerife
#2 of 5 in Costa del Silencio

Been to Beverly Hills Heights? Share your experiences!