Just come back from the Colorado Golf, went for a week all inclusive. Would recommend this place as a no frills budget holiday, accommodation was basic but adequate, usual uncomfortable Spanish beds, TV was missing but available if we wanted it (we didn't), best part was the nice terrace and lawn for each bungalow, outside table and chairs plus our own sunbeds.
We were only a few steps from the pool so could have a dip and go back to our own space - which was useful as towards the end of the week the towel brigade arrived and covered up all the poolside loungers whether they were there or not. Why ???
We found the food and booze to be a good basic standard, lots of choice, always a fish dish and loads of salad/fruit. Breakfast was excellent, eggs, cheese, sliced meats, fruit, salad, bacon, dry cereal etc etc. Free ices for the kiddies.
Bar staff were nice and friendly, local drinks for all in plus you can buy branded stuff at reasonable prices. You can eat outside under cover or in the sun, there are two large screen
TV's which normally show football, when we were there we had England on one and Germany on the other !
You can also take drinks away from the bar in plastic glasses which was nice, its not too precious rules wise although that has a less pleasant side when the pool is still being (noisily) used up until midnight !
Good mix of nationalities, mostly Brits and Germans with a lot of Spanish when we were there.
There's a supermarket round the corner at the (mostly closed down) Faro2 centre plus a couple of decent bars with friendly Spanish people. Supermarket has a vast range of decent wine at all prices - about 4 euro dollars for a fair Rioja.
Beach was a long hot walk away but only a few euros by taxi. Not my cup of tea, rather crowded but hey, its an enormous beach/dunes and if you want privacy just walk a bit further. Look out for the nudists/gay scene if you're easily offended though.
To sum up - great for the price, fantastic weather, not much around but if you want a cheap week in a clean place this is as good as any. Woud go back again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Resort is located between Play De Ingles Beach and Costa Meloneras, 25 minutes walking distance to the sand dunes of Maspalomas.Our bungalows equipped with kitchenette, dinning room with satelite TV, terrace with a little garden. Our complex offers 24 hours Front Desk, Buffet Breakfast, a la carte restaurant, outdoor swimming pool and WiFi. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA so you can book your MRC Maspalomas Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Colorado Golf Hotel Maspalomas
- Colorado Hotel Maspalomas
- MRC Maspalomas Resort Gran Canaria