“relaxation”

MRC Maspalomas Resort
Ranked #197 of 218 Hotels in Maspalomas
Reviewed August 27, 2013

Stayed in one of this hotels colourfull bungalows ,comfortable and clean .Food was plentifull and varied. The staff made the stay extra special. allways without exception cheerfull and ready to help.The beach was a bit of a hike about 30 mins but worth it .

3  Thank spiritteacher

Reviewed August 5, 2013

We spent 4 days here last week, via a last-minute booking. The bungalows were fine, all basic amenities included - air-condtioning or a fan would have been useful, but otherwise it was okay.

The complex is really nice, clearly well looked-after and plenty of sunbeds around the pool. The layout was awesome - our bungalow was literally a few steps away from the poolside.

Breakfast was fine - the usual fare was served, and it was nice to have an indoor/outdoor option to eat. I cannot comment on the lunch / dinner options though.

It was really easy to get around - Playa del Ingles, Yumbo center, etc - all journeys cost around 4 euros and taxi's were frequently available outside the complex. All in all, I would recommend this place for a a no-frills getaway in Gran Canaria!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
12  Thank Hammoki1
Reviewed July 26, 2013

Thinking about going back there around October-November- absolutely great for the price you pay, Fantastic staff at the bar, Quiet and nice , lovely people . Little bit far from the beach , but it`s a nice walk.
Simple advice do not hesitate just book.

12  Thank dave j
Reviewed July 21, 2013

I stayed at this hotel with my best friend and I have to say I loved the accommodation. All the bungalows that are on the complex have great charm, and you feel as if you can set up home whist on holiday instead of being confined in a tower block like most hotels.

All the facilities in the room were to an acceptable three star standard, we had a living room, seate, table and chairs, a small room with a line to dry are clothes, a kitchen with fridge and basic cooking facilities, bathroom with shower, a bedroom with two twin beds and a wardrobe which actually had its own hangers! We also had are own little front garden with loungers that you could sunbathe or read a book on, which was a great touch.

This accommodation is great for everyone, the young, the old, the less mobile and children as there is no stairs to contend with and no windows to fall out of from a great height, however, I wouldn't recommend that you bring British children here as all the children we encountered we're Spanish, and as a lot of the children do not as yet speak fluent English, your children may find it hard to make friend whist on their stay.

There is a children's/smaller pool at the complex but the adult pool does not have any real (shallow) parts, if your child can not swim, I would not recommend they be unsupervised at all, as i struggled to put my feet on the floor at five foot six and there is no life guard on duty.

With that being said a lot of Spanish children who could swim and who couldn't was in this pool and there were no problems.

The majority of the staff were helpful and friendly, the ones who were a little off we're never explicitly rude, I found that sometimes I was made to wait to be served by staff for long periods of time without warning or apology.They definitely do not have bad customer service but it could be improved on.

With the issue of service please be aware that the reception is closed at 9pm and the bar staff leave at 12am so any problems you have after that (like we did) and you are on your own. We were locked out of are bedroom and we had to break back in through the window the we didn't completely lock (thank goodness). The man we did find at 3am in the morning told us that he wasn't a engineer and that we would have to wait until tomorrow to get back into are bedroom. I would recommend that you buy a safe for your valuables as I do at every hotel, this safe was especially cheap at €14 per week plus a €5 returnable deposit.

As for the food, well it was awful, it wasn't uneatable but it was it was the same bland food, and the food for the British was limited as the majority was catered for for the Spanish and Germans. There are no editable puddings (except for ice cream) and depending on what time you eat, some of the food may be cold.

The drinks are equally bad, the rola cola is undrinkable, the tonic water is also bad, cocktails are made with by a machine and the bar staff all agree that they also taste terrible. The alcohol that is under the all inclusive there tastes funny, although the Malibu is okay. The selection of "juices" also come out of a machine are are not juices at all they are a mixture between Juice, dish water and cordial. If you are all inclusive you can buy proper drinks half price, but you still won't get a decent glass of juice. Also if you check out at midday and you are scheduled to leave at three they will charge you for your food and drink, they will also charge you €20 to hold your bags in your room (as this happened to a friend we met there). if your flight is the the middle of the night like ours was then this may not apply to you. Also the plates, glasses, and cutlery are not always clean so please check before using.

The location of the hotel is great, taxis are dirt cheap starting at as little as €2.15 and both Maspalomas centre, Playas centre, Maspolomas beach and Playas beach is no more than €4.00 in a taxi to get to. A taxi to and from the airport is around €30.00 euros ( I have been told) if I went again, I would get a taxi as it is just as cheap as transfers.

I am not sure what the night life is like in Maspalomas, but the night life at the Yumbo centre was great for young adults and coupled the area is predominately gay so is full of drag shows, bars, restaurants and clubs.

With all that being said, this is three star all inclusive at a great price and I wasn't expecting miracles. It was definitely great value for money at a good standard, clean rooms and friendly service compensated for the food. I would definitely stay at this resort again, but I would say a few more pennies and go self catering.

• Stayed: July 2013
6  Thank Taitums
Reviewed July 10, 2013

Arrived Saturday night at 9.30pm no food for us and were all inc got to the room to find 2 single beds for 4 of us sockets hanging off walls which isn't good with a 2 year old and 4 year old, beds dirty rooms stuffy and stunk, went to complain to b told there's a sofa for one to sleep on and they delivered a matteress on wood for my husband it was disgusting but we had no option. Beds not changed in a full week. Bar staff lovely they kept us sane. Food was terrible we ate pizza and chips for a week as nothing else was edible. All inc means no snacks and no drinks untill 11am that's coke lemonade etc. Looked out bathroom window into some one else's room. Plenty of Sun loungers as no one wants to go in the pool. This was me and my husband's honeymoon and its been a disaster.

• Stayed: July 2013
6  Thank sowerb
Reviewed June 14, 2013

My girlfriend and I spent a week here last month and would not recommend it. The bed frame broke on the first day from me first sitting on it. When we reported the problem to reception they took two days to see to it, leaving us to spend the first night on the sofa. When they eventually fixed it they left a load of woodchips and half the broken board on the floor. This was typical of the service at the hotel. The food was shocking, and my girlfriend had to survive on the fries alone, as that was all she could stomach!! The boiled eggs were black in the middle!

The swimming pool was the only saving grace and a fellow guest threw her wedding ring into it one afternoon which was interesting...

Room Tip: Bring a tent!!
4  Thank Nick S
Reviewed May 29, 2013

very quiet accommodation, the bar staff worked really hard and nothing was too much trouble.

There is not a lot around this hotel but the taxis are cheap ( about 3.5 euros one way) or a good leisurely 40 minute walk to Maspalomas beach and the even nicer resort of Melonares.

Only entertainment one evening per week but to be honest all the other guests were good company and the evenings flew by (helped with a couple of glasses of Irish Cream).

Food was a little repetitive but always edible.

I would definitely go back.

Room Tip: Don't listen to the bad reviews it was great.
3  Thank drippydav
Also consider these accommodations in or near Maspalomas
HV Vista Taurito
#70 of 135 in Playa del Ingles
Hotel Green Field
Hotel Green Field
#51 of 135 in Playa del Ingles

Been to MRC Maspalomas Resort? Share your experiences!