“Wonderful time spent”

Palmitos Park
Ranked #2 of 73 things to do in Maspalomas
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Palmitos Park is a botanical zoo-themed park located 10 km from the Faro de Maspalomas. A subtropical oasis nestled in a wonderful natural environment of the island. His collection includes species of animals and plants from 5 continents. Best of nature concentrated in one place. Visit the new dolphinarium, with its spectacular show, aquarium, butterfly house, the incredible show of birds of prey, the show of parrots, meerkats, crocodiles and much more ....Discover the best of nature in Palmitos Park!!
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Activities for young children, Bathroom facilities, Food available for purchase
Blackpool, United Kingdom
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Wonderful time spent”
Reviewed April 16, 2014

My partner and I went to Palmitos park after seeing the brochures in the hotel we were staying at. We are a sedate couple who like to relax and just meander about. We weren't expecting a great amount when we took the trip, but boy were we surprised by just how beautiful the place is. We caught the bus direct to the park, which took us right to the entrance after again the hotels advice. We are very glad we did because this place is in the middle of nowhere. It just appears out of the mountains, down a very small road. Don't be put off by this road, what's waiting at the end is just spectacular!

If you love just ambling about and taking photographs and adoring the local wildlife and fauna, this place is for you. I'm not sure I would take small kids here, the weather is extremely warm, due to the altitude and well, all year round sunshine and to be fair, it's a very sedate place with vegetation and sturdy walks. But if the kids like lizards, tropical animals and the outstanding surroundings, then do it. There's lots and lots of shaded areas to sit in and just relax though so don't let this out you off. We managed to catch the dolphin show whilst there and it was absolutely mind blowing. The stadium is massive and the dolphins are just brilliant, it's a must see if you do visit (which you should!). All the staff we met were very friendly and very helpful.

The aquarium is just breathtaking, I've never seen anything like it. It's built into a cave and the natural light highlights the tanks and fish.

We did have some food whilst there and yes, it wasn't wonderful. But hell, you're on holiday, live a little!

We've put this on a list to be our first place to visit this year again, I can't wait.

Visited September 2013

4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Great fun”
Reviewed April 13, 2014

While this park is in the middle of nowhere and seems slightly pricey, it is 100% worth the 25 minute drive and the admission. The fact that it doesn't have the vibe of a zoo, but more an aviary and wildlife conservation makes it even better. I was able to hold an owl and walk through the cactus park. The dolphin and birds of prey shows are brilliant!

Visited March 2014
3 Thank Hilary H
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 60 helpful votes
“Do not eat the food”
Reviewed April 12, 2014 via mobile

What a great park for the kids - BUT DO NOT EAT THE FOOD IN THE CAFE. It was the worst meals we ever encountered, everything was luke earm or cold even my cup of coffee was cold. Wr ordered a pizza it was stone cold soggy and slimey, told the waiter he never came back. Asked for the bill fom another waiter and left. The staff are too busy to care.

1 Thank Martyn B
middlesbrough
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Good zoo but ridiculous child price rule”
Reviewed April 12, 2014

This zoo has really good shows. Dolphins and free flying birds of prey are excellent. The rest of the zoo is small but well maintained. However beware of the child price issue. Anyone over 4'7" counts as an adult. I bought my 11 yr old a child tkt as u didnt think to measure her height. Shes not tall for her age at all. I was asked to pay the difference between the online child price and the gate adult price -13euros!! And obviously this was extra to what id already paid for her online ticket. This is absolutely outrageous especially as there is nothing in the zoo that has height restrictions on it. Once in the park they dont let you go out for a picnic-only one person is given five minutes to get to the car and back. Extras include any photos with animals in the zoo which is probably standard but after the well inflated entrance fee it feels like an attempt to extort as much as possible out of the holiday maker! On principle i dont think we will go back!!

Visited April 2014
1 Thank jo_sellers
“Palmitos park is unfair to tall juveniles.”
Reviewed April 9, 2014

I visited the park with my 8year old son and,because he is above average height for his age,I had to pay adult entrance for him
This cannot be fair and actually spoilt our visit to the park.So here's a warning to anyone with a child over 1.65 metres tall,be prepared to pay adult entrance. If it had not been for disappointing my son we would have caught the bus back.In the UK a child is a juvenile until the age of 16 regardless of their height

Visited April 2014