“Not what I was expecting”
Review of Palmitos Park

Palmitos Park
Ranked #2 of 74 things to do in Maspalomas
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Palmitos Park is a botanical zoo-themed park located 10 km from the Faro de Maspalomas. A subtropical oasis nestled in a wonderful natural environment of the island. His collection includes species of animals and plants from 5 continents. Best of nature concentrated in one place. Visit the new dolphinarium, with its spectacular show, aquarium, butterfly house, the incredible show of birds of prey, the show of parrots, meerkats, crocodiles and much more ....Discover the best of nature in Palmitos Park!!
Useful Information: Activities for young children, Activities for older children, Bathroom facilities, Food available for purchase
Gran Canaria, Spain
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Not what I was expecting”
Reviewed November 27, 2013 via mobile

Wouldn't in a million years thought that I would be putting a bad review of a park/zoo. My wife and I visited this park on 26.11.2013 and I feel very much let down. I am most certainly not someone who is against these type of places, in fact quite the opposite, I as many people feel that the animals of our world need places like these to help prevent extinction, however and it is a HUGE however I also strongly think that if a beautiful creature is expected to spend its whole time within an enclosure it should have the freedom to at least move around and have some sense of own space. We have both been to a number of different zoo's/parks in many different countries and I haven't to this day been to one where animals have such small enclosures. I don't want this to be just a doom and gloom review as whilst at the park we watched both the wild free flight bird show which was truly stunning and by far the best show of this type that I have ever seen anyvwhere, in fact I would say if you are going to visit the park this is the best thing about the whole place. We also saw the dolphin show which i would give the thumbs up to but must add that there pool/enclosure was way way to small. (This was being updated at the time of our visit but I truly felt that the new enclosure was still tiny and the upgrades were more for us spectators than for the dolphins). At this point anyone reading this review may find it very difficult to understand why I would still urge people to visit this park, however it isn't my aim to put people off of going here but to get whom ever it is that decides the layout and size of the enclosures to think twice before they go ahead with any further developments. I can only hope that the proceeds taken by the park go towards a better future for their animals. Please make your opinion known if you also get this feeling. Have fun and remember to spend money there as without us and places like these children of the future may not be as fortunate to ever see some of these magnificent creatures.

1 Thank rickgranger

• Turkish first
Maspalomas
“It´s good but price”
Reviewed November 26, 2013

I think it's a great place, they also have a good variety of animals. But restaurants, bars and all that is within the park fee is outrageously expensive, so also do not understand why the entrance is so expensive, considering that in other parks as Tenerife is cheaper and bigger.

My recommendation to them would be to cheapen the park entrance, so everything else ok

Visited October 2013
Oslo, Norway
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 32 helpful votes
“Great for kids and even for me !!!”
Reviewed November 25, 2013

Palmitos is a wonderful and well maintained animal park. This is the second time we visit and especially the kids enjoy it. They are rebuilding the delfin show and the monkeys are less than 2 years ago. But as I said, it's safe to take the kids there. The restaurant is not 100 % (slow service and the food is not worth the price).

Visited November 2013
Wolverhampton, United Kingdom
139 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 704 helpful votes
“A Good Day Out.”
Reviewed November 23, 2013

You fear the worst as you snake up the barranco to Palmitos Park on a narrow and ever deteriorating road. However, there is lots to do in the park, and a day can be spent there quite easily. The free flying raptor and exotic bird shows are unmissable, and the dolphin show is also worth checking out. There are plenty of other animals, as well as a butterfly house and an aquarium. It is like a mini- Loro Parque (its equivalent on Tenerife).

Visited November 2013
Guildford, United Kingdom
33 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 87 helpful votes
“We love this place”
Reviewed November 16, 2013

We have been here so many times I have lost count. It has a lovely vibe to it and the animals and other creatures just seem happy. The setting is lovely. We take a packed lunch though as the food there is not very good.

Visited January 2013