“Very good waterpark.”

Aqualand El Arenal Day Trip from Palma de Mallorca
Ranked #19 of 73 things to do in Maspalomas
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Aqualand Maspalomas is a world of water rides for the whole family! 365 days a year. One of the largest water parks in Europe! Slides of different sizes, shapes and heights that will make your adrenaline through the roof! Love the relaxing moments seeing younger and having fun in the children's paradise. The Water Park that promises adventure.. Play with the water! Enjoy AQUALAND MASPALOMAS!
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Lockers / storage, Food available for purchase, Activities for young children, Bathroom facilities
Maidstone, United Kingdom
46 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 121 helpful votes
“Very good waterpark.”
Reviewed August 21, 2014

Brilliant waterpark. Most slides are for children who are 1.2m but still quite a few slides for 1m and a smaller play area for the toddlers. Only a couple of rides for 1.4 and above but to be honest the 1.2m rides are pretty scary and good for any thrill seeker! Also they have sea lions and the opportunity to have a picture taken with them or to swim with them. Snacks a bit expensive but just the same as any waterpark. Tip; If you want a return visit, book before you leave and the return only costs 8 euros each.

1 Thank Justine1001

4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“A bit disappointed”
Reviewed August 20, 2014

Very expensive to get in and when you get there, you are offered lockers for 6 euros each but they are very small foot lockers, not much space in them at all. You do get 2 euros back when you return the key but they are so small you need quite a few. There is also a charge for sunbeds.
In the park, there are some rides that you can't go on unless you pay extra for a 'VIP' wristband which I thought was a bit unfair.
The slides etc. that you could access were good and the kids enjoyed the day.
I would recommend you take your own food/drinks if you are able to as the prices inside are astronomical!

Visited July 2014
2 Thank Amanda H
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Had a great time pretending to be a teenager”
Reviewed August 19, 2014

It's not cheap, the food is overpriced, you had to hire sun beds & lockers, there are photo's for sale on the way out of you looking stupid on a water slide but it's a theme park and I'd have been surprised if this wasn't the case. We had a great time! I was such a big kid on the slides & would have bought the second visit offer tickets if we'd had enough days of our holiday left.
I thought the number of slides was just right for the size of the park and those hills reminded me I'm not a teenager anymore! We didn't hire inflatables & hardly had to wait for one (2 mins at the most) Loved all the rides we went on apart from the one you don't need an inflatable for....swimming cossie nearly cut me in half going down that one eeek!! Wave pool goes on every hour on the hour & was very popular, good time to queue for the slides!
I had thought about packing a lunch but I'm on holiday so we ate at the park. Portions are decent sized. Pizza, chicken nuggets & chips, 2x chips, 3x cokes & a slush came to around 50 Euros. The prices are on a huge board behind the counter so I'm not sure why people are saying the prices aren't advertised. Ice creams on the way out (3.80 Euros for 3 scoops) and then photo's the staff took of you on the slides (8 Euros).
We were staying in Puerto Rico & were told by our hotel that the bus was about 4 Euros, seeing as there were 4 of us we opted to pay the extra 10 Euros and got a taxi.

2 Thank Vicky F
London
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 68 helpful votes
“Overpriced but good day out”
Reviewed August 17, 2014

Paid on the door and was surprised at how expensive it was! Should Definitely book online before hand. Then when we got lunch (2 burgers and chips and a chip butty plus 3 drinks) was disgusted with how much that came to - almost 40€!!!

Plenty of different slides to keep you going all day. Some that need an inflatable or mat to go down on can be a bit annoying as you first have to queue for the mat, then queue again for the slide afterwards. Ho hum.

The section for young kids is the best I've seen in a European water park. Wanted a go myself! Could do with having a few more shaded areas so you can have a break from the hot Canarian sun.

Take plenty of water with you. 3€ for a 500ml bottle in the vending machines. Shocking!

Was a good day, but doubt I'd return as I think it is well overpriced.

3 Thank mrs_short
Derbyshire
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 33 helpful votes
“Would definitely recommend”
Reviewed August 16, 2014

Went with my boyfirend for the day in August. The rides were great and average queuing time was about 5min.. Which was fantastic! We got the local bus from Puerto Rico and it was really easy getting there. Buses are at twenty to every hour. There were about 17 different rides and many of them which were new. Lots of tyre rides. Don't buy a tyre.. As there is no point.. You queue seconds to pick one up for the rides and there are different tyres needed depending on which ride it is. Wouldn't bother with a subbed,, you can laze on the lazy rive.. As sunbeds u have to pay for.

Lockers are €6.. Pretty big so you can get lots in. Food very expensive. €18 for 2 cheese burgers, 1 chips and a drink. Best bringing your own, or knowing this before hand so you're aware.

Great day out.. Definitely not to be missed.

1 Thank 251Stephanie123