I stayed here with my family for the 2nd week of our recently holiday. We moved to the Maspalomas area to be near to the dunes/ beach for the kids (10 & 8). I found this complex overall pretty good. The pool and surrounding are was clean and tidy and relatively quiet. The apartment was fairly basic but adequate for our needs. The furnishings were looking tired and dated, however it was clean and the housekeeping service couldn't be faulted.
Unfortunately, first impressions last and ours was not good. On arrival, the male receptionist simply looked up at us (as we humfed our bags in off the street), smiled and walked away. He was eventually replaced by a blond haired female (no name tag worn) who didn't smile, say hello or attempt to engage us in any way. On confirming our room number, she just pointed towards to pool and uttered something similar to ‘that way’ before getting up, walking away and sitting down at a nearby desk where she continued to watch tv. Not good. I have to say that the majority of the other staff were friendly enough during the time we were they, however I never saw the blond female smile once during the entire time of our stay.
Other things that detracted from our stay here was that you had to pay a 20 Euro deposit to get the remote control for the air conditioning, the tv had no remote control and you had to pay for wifi that only worked in the reception area. The walls were very thin, so you could hear almost everything from the apartment next door. The staff also refused to order taxis for us, albeit complex is located on a busy road, but that is not the point. Refused to eat here as the food looked average to say the least.
The complex is about 30 mins walk from the beach/ shops etc and a taxi usually cost 4-5 E’s.
I would not stay here again, but have given this place 3 stars due to the pool area.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Comfort and convenience are top priorities at eó Maspalomas Resort with its twin-level apartment-style rooms, set out around the two swimming pools, the restaurant, and extensive gardens. This means that as well as being peaceful and independent, everything is only a few steps away, making this a very welcoming resort. Located beside the Maspalomas Golf Course and very close to the sand dunes of the Maspalomas Beach, the complex has a restaurant with terrace. As well as having your breakfast or half-board service here, you can enjoy your favourite drink, or have lunch or dinner à la carte. On certain days you will also be able to have a delicious Spanish paella prepared by our chef right there on the terrace. And if you want to book an excursion, a tour or you simply need information about the Maspalomas and Playa del Inglés area, staff at reception will give you friendly advice about what you need, and possibly in your own language. Free wifi connection is available. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline and Booking.com so you can book your eo Maspalomas Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Club Vistaflor Hotel Maspalomas
- Eo Maspalomas Resort Gran Canaria