First visit to Grand Canaria and stayed at this hotel from 23rd to 30th November. Checked in about 9.00 and offered dinner which was nice after a long flight. No help offered with our luggage but we made our way to the room. A large room with a very lumpy bed.
Breakfast fine but poor sausages, more like frankfurters and frothy black coffee.Dinner choice is adequate but starters are the same everyday and the puddings are poor with very little choice. Best try the grill for a decent main course. Staff very polite and good natured.
Booked this hotel because it had a heated pool in winter, well I tried both the heated and unheated and there was very little difference.
Get the towels out early because sun loungers are taken
Tried the a la carte retaurant but the soup was cold, stick to a steak for main course .
No english channels on our tv ( room 2295) and payment required for safe and mini-bar. Oh I wish a kettle had been supplied!!
On the whole a typical 4* hotel trying to cut costs. They are fortunate to have good staff whoe are a pleasant and couldn't do enough for you. Will not recommend another stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Maspalomas & Tabaiba Princess is perfect for families with children, golfer (there's a golf course right behind) and those who just want to relax by the pool. The two u-shaped buildings Maspalomas Princess and Tabaiba Princess share a huge pool landscape including an artificial beach, with pool bars and a relax-island. The Maspalomas & Tabaiba Princess is situated in Maspalomas, in the south of Gran Canaria. Within walking distance there is the golf course Maspalomas Golf (300 m) and Maspalomas beach (1,5 km) with its famous dunes. Gran Canaria Airport is located 35 kilometers from the hotel and the resorts Meloneras and Playa del Ingles 3 kilometers. The Maspalomas & Tabaiba Princess has two main restaurants with live-cooking, offering buffet style breakfast, lunch and dinner. The À-La-Carte-Restaurant "La Hacienda" in the pool area serves tapas and international cuisine. Gentlemen are required to wear long pants and shirts with a sleeve in the evening in the restaurant. A total of 9 bars complete the gastronomic offer of the Maspalomas & Tabaiba Princess. The huge pool landscape of the Maspalomas & Tabaiba Princess boasts 6 outdoor pools, including 2 kids pools and a pool with an artificial beach, wooden parasols and a sand volleyball court. Some of the pools feature sloping entrances. The animation team hosts activities such as aquagym, aerobics, archery, beach-volleyballs and darts. Furthermore there is the option to play table tennis, mini golf, tennis, billiard and giant chess within the hotel. For the smallest guests there is a mini-club, kids pools, mini-disco, a playground and a special miniature hotel, the so called play-hotel. There are 439 rooms and suites in the Maspalomas Princess and 434 in the Tabaiba Princess. As a standard all rooms feature air conditioning, minibar-fridge (€), satellite tv, balcony or terrace and bathrooms with bathtub-shower-combination, hairdryer and amenities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotwire, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Hotel.de and HotelQuickly so you can book your Tabaiba Princess reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tabaiba Princess Hotel Maspalomas
- Maspalomas Tabaiba Princess
- Tabaiba Princess Maspalomas, Gran Canaria