Just returned from a one week's stay at the Tabaiba Princess. Along with the Maspalomas Princess they form 2 identical hotels connected together, sharing the pool area. The Tababiba being the hotel First Choice use for All Inclusive and Maspalomas Thomson's hotel for half board. If you opt to upgrade to full board at the Maspalomas you come across to the Tabaiba for lunch only.
Our initial room in the hotel (3rd floor beside the lift) had a very strong sewage like smell about it and after mentioning it to our rep at the welcome meeting the next day he wasted no time in getting us moved. We had no problems after that.
There are more sunbeds than hotel guests at the hotel so no need to rush down in the morning which was good. Although there are not too many parasols you will find a sunbed in a shady area if thats what you are after. I only took part in one pilates class but all the activities organised by the entertainment team looked good.
As part of our holiday package we got to dine at the a la carte restaurant La Hacienda on one night - booked through reception. This is located in the "beach" area of the hotel. Here we were presented with a wine menu which had prices on it..we selected a 1/2 litre bottle of the rose not realising that Thomson pick up the tab for the drink! Water is 2 euro for 1/2 litre but again we did not have to pay for this. The room at this restaurant was delicious and made a pleasant change from by now well familiar surroundings of the restaurant in the hotel.
We played tennis on one occasion but at almost 15 euro a go this is a bit expensive (7.20 for the court, same again for the rackets & balls). Crazy golf was not quite as bad with "happy hour" between 5 & 7pm bringing the cost down to 3.50 euro per couple on a buy one, get one free offer.
We went on the "taste & traditions" trip which takes you up through the mountains of the local principality. This was a good 1/2 day trip with a visit to a local winery among other stops. Craig, our guide, was very informative and does not stop talking - you have been warned! Palmitos the local animal park is well worth a visit - the shows being a highlight. Taxi there cost 14 euro. We also went to the open air cinema which was very good- 15 euro each with drinks reasonably priced.
Our transfer home arrived at the hotel 15mins earlier than the due time but luckily we were already in the hotel's reception and we did not have to wait too long for everyone to board the bus. All in one we had an enjoyable week's stay at the Tabaiba Princess.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Maspalomas & Tabaiba Princess is perfect for families with children, golfer (there's a golf course right behind) and those who just want to relax by the pool. The two u-shaped buildings Maspalomas Princess and Tabaiba Princess share a huge pool landscape including an artificial beach, with pool bars and a relax-island. The Maspalomas & Tabaiba Princess is situated in Maspalomas, in the south of Gran Canaria. Within walking distance there is the golf course Maspalomas Golf (300 m) and Maspalomas beach (1,5 km) with its famous dunes. Gran Canaria Airport is located 35 kilometers from the hotel and the resorts Meloneras and Playa del Ingles 3 kilometers. The Maspalomas & Tabaiba Princess has two main restaurants with live-cooking, offering buffet style breakfast, lunch and dinner. The À-La-Carte-Restaurant "La Hacienda" in the pool area serves tapas and international cuisine. Gentlemen are required to wear long pants and shirts with a sleeve in the evening in the restaurant. A total of 9 bars complete the gastronomic offer of the Maspalomas & Tabaiba Princess. The huge pool landscape of the Maspalomas & Tabaiba Princess boasts 6 outdoor pools, including 2 kids pools and a pool with an artificial beach, wooden parasols and a sand volleyball court. Some of the pools feature sloping entrances. The animation team hosts activities such as aquagym, aerobics, archery, beach-volleyballs and darts. Furthermore there is the option to play table tennis, mini golf, tennis, billiard and giant chess within the hotel. For the smallest guests there is a mini-club, kids pools, mini-disco, a playground and a special miniature hotel, the so called play-hotel. There are 439 rooms and suites in the Maspalomas Princess and 434 in the Tabaiba Princess. As a standard all rooms feature air conditioning, minibar-fridge (€), satellite tv, balcony or terrace and bathrooms with bathtub-shower-combination, hairdryer and amenities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Tabaiba Princess reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tabaiba Princess Hotel Maspalomas
- Maspalomas Tabaiba Princess
- Tabaiba Princess Maspalomas, Gran Canaria