We stayed as a couple in this hotel from 4th Feb and in our opinion the hotel is spotless and the rooms comfy and clean the food is better than you would expect and the staff are friendly
The hotel was very busy and there was a lot of disruptive children but you can't blame the hotel for that!
The pool area has a lot of potential but to be honest is a bit naff, there's not enough room around the pool for everyone so we resorted to the beach - which was much more peaceful
When we did sit around the pool area all we could smell is greasy food being fried which wasn't great
The rooms are good but most are overlooked - our room had no door nets so for privacy we had to keep our curtains closed all of the time as we were overlooked by 12 other rooms who were just a stones throw away
We used the gym a couple of times the equipment is very old and some machines don't work so a poor excuse for a gym!
The entertainment was also naff - i personally don't agree with live animals being used in shows to entertain the public. Owls snakes and parrots all being used for cheap entertainment purposes. Out of date and a poor excuse for entertainment also the Elvis tribute is not worth watching and the only act that was worth seeing was the drag act who was doing all he could to interact with the crowd and have a laugh!
Overall a nice hotel with good food, will we return ......................probably not!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Maspalomas & Tabaiba Princess is perfect for families with children, golfer (there's a golf course right behind) and those who just want to relax by the pool. The two u-shaped buildings Maspalomas Princess and Tabaiba Princess share a huge pool landscape including an artificial beach, with pool bars and a relax-island. The Maspalomas & Tabaiba Princess is situated in Maspalomas, in the south of Gran Canaria. Within walking distance there is the golf course Maspalomas Golf (300 m) and Maspalomas beach (1,5 km) with its famous dunes. Gran Canaria Airport is located 35 kilometers from the hotel and the resorts Meloneras and Playa del Ingles 3 kilometers. The Maspalomas & Tabaiba Princess has two main restaurants with live-cooking, offering buffet style breakfast, lunch and dinner. The À-La-Carte-Restaurant "La Hacienda" in the pool area serves tapas and international cuisine. Gentlemen are required to wear long pants and shirts with a sleeve in the evening in the restaurant. A total of 9 bars complete the gastronomic offer of the Maspalomas & Tabaiba Princess. The huge pool landscape of the Maspalomas & Tabaiba Princess boasts 6 outdoor pools, including 2 kids pools and a pool with an artificial beach, wooden parasols and a sand volleyball court. Some of the pools feature sloping entrances. The animation team hosts activities such as aquagym, aerobics, archery, beach-volleyballs and darts. Furthermore there is the option to play table tennis, mini golf, tennis, billiard and giant chess within the hotel. For the smallest guests there is a mini-club, kids pools, mini-disco, a playground and a special miniature hotel, the so called play-hotel. There are 439 rooms and suites in the Maspalomas Princess and 434 in the Tabaiba Princess. As a standard all rooms feature air conditioning, minibar-fridge (€), satellite tv, balcony or terrace and bathrooms with bathtub-shower-combination, hairdryer and amenities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Orbitz and HotelQuickly so you can book your Tabaiba Princess reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tabaiba Princess Hotel Maspalomas
- Maspalomas Tabaiba Princess
- Tabaiba Princess Maspalomas, Gran Canaria