Travelled with husband and our 8 year old son for 7 nights, all inclusive. Check in (8.30 p.m.) was very quick and efficient and we were able to go straight into the restaurant for dinner. We had a double room (2 singles pushed together) and a ready made-up sofa-bed. Beds were made daily and bed linen was changed after 3 days. Towels were changed when left on bathroom floor. A nice surprise was 3 large beach towels in our room ready to take to the pool.
Safe in wardrobe (13.50 euros) and fridge in sideboard cupboard (13.50 euros) – fridge will hold 2 x 2 litre bottles. Don’t be too hasty to pay for fridge key… wait and see if yours in room is already unlocked first! 2 complimentary 500ml bottles of water in room from tour operator when we arrived.
18” non-flat screen TV in room. Mostly non-English channels but we did get Sky News and the Disney Channel with good reception.
If you have arranged a late checkout room with your tour operator, you will need to get reception to re-activate your key in the afternoon, as after 12.00 noon (usual check out time) the key card de-activates and wont let you into the room again.
Third floor rooms are nice and quiet (unless next to the lift) and either get balcony sun in the morning or afternoon depending whether they overlook the pool or gardens. E-mail hotel in advance to request a certain view or floor. Air conditioning is efficient if used properly – patio door needs to be fully shut and one of the room keycards needs to be in the “light slot”. If you leave card in slot and patio doors shut with curtain closed in day time the room is lovely and cool when you return.
Supermarket across road at back of hotel. Exit hotel complex by back gate (next to Mini Golf) Dunas supermarket is opposite. Nearest beach (if you are desperate for sea and real sand) is Melonares about a 20 minute walk from the hotel following the dry river bed. Good market every Wednesday and Saturday morning at San Fernando (about 4 euros in a taxi). Taxi rank right outside hotel reception.
Giant outdoor chess board (free)
Mini Golf 9 hole course – go when it is happy hour and its 2 for 1!
Table tennis on terrace of Maspalomas Princess (free – deposit for bats)
Very efficient lift system. 4 lifts serving 3 floors – rooms nearest to the lifts on any of the 3 floors are subject to “lift noise”.
Plenty of sunbeds to go around but those in premium places i.e. next to pools get taken early. Most of these had towels on them by 7.15 a.m. so if you want a poolside bed you will need to be up early! The “grit beach” takes a bit of getting used to and is lethal on your feet in hot sun. You definitely need flip flops to walk on it. It would be better if the grit was replaced by either grass or sand. However, the “grit beach” is kept clean and not littered. The pools are exceptionally clean and there are suitable areas for all swimming abilities. Wooden fixed parasols are dotted around but there are not that many of them, so either take a parasol or purchase one either from the local supermarket or one of the beach shops at Melonares beach (7 euros) .
La Choza poolside bar serves a seemingly endless supply of hot dogs, burgers, ham & cheese toasties, chips, salad, fruit, cakes, sandwiches, rolls, ice creams, coffee, tea, cold soft drinks, beer, alcohol and water. All these are regularly replenished. Hotel dining room is very large and airy. Beer, wine and soft drinks all on tap to help yourself. Men are required to wear long trousers in restaurant for evening meal and shirts/t-shirts with sleeves (i.e. no vests). Always a good variety of food at each meal time and children well catered for. Dishes replenished frequently.
Computers are available in reception area and 10 mins internet access costs 1 euro. Wi-fi is available in the reception area at a cost. We had no language difficulties with reception staff - their English was very good.
We were very happy with this hotel and its facilities but if you are looking for lots of entertainment and drinking until the early hours or “clubbing/disco’s” you will be disappointed. Fairly short coach transfer from airport too – only about 40 minutes. Enjoy!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Maspalomas & Tabaiba Princess is perfect for families with children, golfer (there's a golf course right behind) and those who just want to relax by the pool. The two u-shaped buildings Maspalomas Princess and Tabaiba Princess share a huge pool landscape including an artificial beach, with pool bars and a relax-island. The Maspalomas & Tabaiba Princess is situated in Maspalomas, in the south of Gran Canaria. Within walking distance there is the golf course Maspalomas Golf (300 m) and Maspalomas beach (1,5 km) with its famous dunes. Gran Canaria Airport is located 35 kilometers from the hotel and the resorts Meloneras and Playa del Ingles 3 kilometers. The Maspalomas & Tabaiba Princess has two main restaurants with live-cooking, offering buffet style breakfast, lunch and dinner. The À-La-Carte-Restaurant "La Hacienda" in the pool area serves tapas and international cuisine. Gentlemen are required to wear long pants and shirts with a sleeve in the evening in the restaurant. A total of 9 bars complete the gastronomic offer of the Maspalomas & Tabaiba Princess. The huge pool landscape of the Maspalomas & Tabaiba Princess boasts 6 outdoor pools, including 2 kids pools and a pool with an artificial beach, wooden parasols and a sand volleyball court. Some of the pools feature sloping entrances. The animation team hosts activities such as aquagym, aerobics, archery, beach-volleyballs and darts. Furthermore there is the option to play table tennis, mini golf, tennis, billiard and giant chess within the hotel. For the smallest guests there is a mini-club, kids pools, mini-disco, a playground and a special miniature hotel, the so called play-hotel. There are 439 rooms and suites in the Maspalomas Princess and 434 in the Tabaiba Princess. As a standard all rooms feature air conditioning, minibar-fridge (€), satellite tv, balcony or terrace and bathrooms with bathtub-shower-combination, hairdryer and amenities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, HotelQuickly and TripOnline SA so you can book your Tabaiba Princess reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tabaiba Princess Hotel Maspalomas
- Maspalomas Tabaiba Princess
- Tabaiba Princess Maspalomas, Gran Canaria