“Lovely hotel, just what we needed!”
Review of Caybeach Princess

Caybeach Princess
Ranked #34 of 218 Hotels in Maspalomas
“Lovely hotel, just what we needed!”
Reviewed July 29, 2013

I have just got back from a ten night stay at the hotel with my partner, after reading the mixed reviews before going I was a little unsure and worried about a few things. I have to say that the apartments are lovely and were surrounded with flowers which made them look really pretty. Rooms were basic and had everything you would need self catered.. They were cleaned by the maids everyday, they even washed up after us! The one downside to the apartment was the lack of wardrobe space I don't know where a 3rd persons belongings would have been kept as we had to keep most of our clothes stacked up on our suitcases. Air con and safe were at a reasonable price. We were lucky enough to get an apartment opposite the smaller pool and I suppose that's why it was pretty straight forward to find upon arrival. The pools were lovely and had plenty of sunbeds. I would say they're was a lack of shade and umbrellas which I think is well needed on a holiday especially if you have children or like me can't stay in the sun all day. The staff at both the pool bar and reception were kind and helpful, I just found one guy on reception a little rude (he didn't speak much English & worked nights). We attended our welcome meeting on the second morning and was informed of everything we could do and needed to know about the island which seemed useful (by janice our thomson rep) We didn't do many activities as we were there to just relax.. The aqua land was good and we went on the jet skis down at playa de ingles. I booked the aqualand tickets with Janice the Thomson rep a few days after our arrival, on this occasion she seemed away with the fairys and not very helpful when I asked her about a few things.
Entertainment was average an could be better.. Especially seen as we didn't find anything other than the hotel for the evening. The hotel isn't really near anything, cheaper supermarkets are about 30mins walk away. We ate down near the lighthouse most nights where they're were no bars just restaurants and a few shops. This again was about 30-40mins walk and about €4 in a taxi. Playa de ingles is about the same distance and similar price in a taxi.. Although we found that part abit tacky and cheap quality of food was much better in maspalomas. Overall we enjoyed our holiday as we were there for a much deserved relaxing break.. And we really liked the hotel. However the resort itself wasn't for us (not enough going on) and we would probably not return.

• Stayed July 2013
3 Thank Ecooper1

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (190)
  • Finnish first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
Reviewed July 28, 2013

Nice rooms, good facilities, shop way too expensive, rude staff (except maids)miles away from anywhere but still really nice and can get a taxi for around 4euro to playa del ingles where there's lovely restaurant in the kasbah it's a steakhouse they're so friendly and food is amazing and so reasonably priced which was great, they were great with my kids aswell. Also it's so Spanish and cultured its wonderful, There's a guy who works there and he's like a 'tout' for the restaurant he was so lovely and helpful couldn't help but go in he was just lovely and so good with my kids. It was the nicest in the area anyway I can't remember the name of it now but it's linked onto murphys bar so you'll know which one it is when you get there.
Accommodation was good, loads of cats though! Friendly maids, clean. Pool bar staff tried to rip me off one night when we were all out as a family having a few drinks I asked for the bill and he had put 2 extra beers on I confronted him and he said it was a mistake and took it off but I bet he thought I wouldn't notice as been drinking but he was wrong!!! Watch out for that.. Entertainment was only good for one night out of the full 2 weeks and he was a singer with a southern accent, other acts were rubbish wouldn't bother going! Unless you like birds.. That's only other thing that's ever on.. But be careful as they come around taking photos and then ask you to pay 20 euro for it !!! And the eagle guy was really rather aggressive when someone said they didn't want it!! Started ranting on about it being a 'free show' So be careful.. Also in our second week it was full of Spanish holidaymakers (Spanish school hols) and they took up the entire pool area with towels, even though they were not there all day at all!!! told reception we could not get round pool for the last 2 days and she literally shrugged her shoulders at me!! As if to say 'what do you want me to do?' Very rude. And they were loud and so noisy with their music right outside my bungalow, would never go in Spanish school hols again .. Thomson Rep janice was appalling so rude, abrupt, disinterested, unhelpful, spent most of her welcome speech slagging off Thomas cook!! Haha!! Lots of people looking at eachother and exchanging funny looks as nobody cares what she thinks of Thomas cook.. (She used to work for them before thomsons apparantly)Her speech week after was better I heard her saying how good las palmas was for shopping so I approached her afterwards , to ask which bus to catch to get there, she made me feel stupid for even asking she was so unfriendly I couldn't believe it.. She just looked at me sternly and said 'and why do you want to go there, have you been before? No? Then I suggest you don't' whaatt??!! haha!!! and do you realise what a big place las palmas is? well no janice because i am here on holiday and youre supposed to be helping me get the best from it!! Then I asked what time pick up was for our transfer back to the airport that weekend. Her response: no idea! Useless, totally useless!! All in all I would definately visit gran canaria again but not this hotel.

• Stayed June 2013
1 Thank Chazzy1
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 28, 2013

I have just got back from cay beach bungalows with my friends, we all had a wonderful time and thought the hotel was beautiful.
When we arrived check-in was quick and speedy, we had to find our room ourselves on the large complex but I thought it was hilarious, if you cannot find your room though I saw the check-in guy help others to there room.
The bungalows at Cay Beach are so pretty, you have draped colourful flowers all around the outside of the bungalow which made them look really pretty. Inside the bungalows our expectation where exceeded they are extremely spacious, you get excellent bathroom, living room and kitchen facilities and my sleeping experience was great!!! As I was with friends I slept on the sofa for one week (which was actually more comfy than the bed) so if you are as a group travelling and have to sleep on the bed they are very comfy. The cleanliness of the apartments are very clean the made comes nearly every day with change Of towels and bedding etc.
The facilities on the resort where great, the pool is extremely large, I have been to many hotels and that pool was pretty amazing, there was also jacuzzi, heated pool, hydro beds and a children's pool to take advantage off. They also have facilities where you can play tennis, football, mini-golf and a small park for the children.
I found the snack bar to be pretty over priced especially for drinks 2.50 Euros for a can of Pepsi!!!! But if ever I did buy anything from the snack bar for a meal the food was pretty good with good service. They have a Faros super market about 10 minutes away from the cay beach bungalows it is near the holiday world theme park which the drinks and food there are A LOT cheaper. Something that was very worth it is the BBQ Buffet for 13 Euros it is every week and I had to get it twice it was that good, for what you eat I found it to be good value for money desert is included and lots of BBQ food to choose from.
If you are coming to cay beach with a family with young children, the entertainment for children is great, the entertainer was really friendly with the children, she set up games every morning/afternoon for the children to play as well as providing entertainment for them in the evening such as mini-disco and animal shows etc.
it is a shame because there is not really anything around the hotel, it is such a wonderful and stunning hotel but it is not close to any amenities, but it was about 3.50 Euros to go to where everything is such as restaurants and bars. You can get free bus to beach from the hotel at 10,11,12 with pick-up included which was good.
Overall my experience at Cay Beach bungalows was wonderful and I would recommend to anyone of all ages there is something for all. I would definitely return again. Thank you for great hospitality.
Lot of negative comments about the cats, I thought they was cute and friendly!!!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
3 Thank charlottechadwick_
Winchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 26, 2013

Really recommend this place, much more relaxing than its sister resort Playa del Ingles.
It may be a little more remote than some of the other hotels, but a free bus service is provided down to Maspalomas/Faro beach, plus the regular bus service and taxis a very inexpensive.
Some of the reports on here, think maybe a little unfair, but do what we did TRY it and unless you are a really fussy so and so, you will enjoy

Room Tip: Room at the back of the complex are much quieter than the poolside ones which are better for familie...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank charles c
Norwich, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 24, 2013

stayed for 2 weeks in this hotel end may/july. the hotel itself was everything we wanted, fantastic pool, plenty of sun beds, supermarket next door wasn't to badly priced. if only we could pick the hotel up and move it closer to the beach and amenities as there was nothing around outside the hotel although a 10 min walk to faro 2 you could find one or two good restaurants but generally the place was like a ghost town. a free bus to the beach was a godsend as in the heat you would struggle to walk the 30 t0 40 mins to the beach and although a taxi to the lighthouse area where there are plenty of bars and restaurants was about 4 euros doing this every night for 2 weeks adds up to quite a bit in taxi fares. one word of warning, we were unfortunate enough to loose our safe key and were charged 45 euros by the hotel to get our safe opened, they said the lock needs to be changed, although we left 8 days later the lock still hadn't be changed, makes you wonder if they do actually change it. a must visit is mogan a lovely little place, don't think we would go back to masspalomas as there wasn't enough for us to to, the trips that were available we thought were a bit expensive. might go back to gran caneria but a different part.

Room Tip: we had room 210b but I think all bungalows at front of hotel would be ok
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank sylvia f
Colchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 21, 2013 via mobile

I was extremely anxious about our holiday to the cay beach princess after reading the reviews on trip advisor. But any prior concerns were in vain. Yes the accommodation is a 5 minute taxi ride from the main resorts but taxis are really cheap (3-4 euros) and very efficient! I don't like cats at all and was worried about how many there would be due to previous reviews but there were not as many as anticipated and they were not a nuisance. In fact some days we hardly saw them. Our bungalow was very clean and well equipped. We did not see a single cockroach all week!
Our bungalow was 201a right next to the pool. The pool is lovely and probably the best feature. Only negative like most places, you need to be up super early to secure a sun bed and parasol! Everyone ignores the signs saying sun beds are not to be reserved!
Would recommend the restaurants in melonares 19th hole and gran italia good food but quite pricey. We ate once in the hotel restaurant - it wasn't great but cheap at 13 euros. The pool bar is great value for money and the food tastes good!
We did the Supercat trip which was a nice day out and great if you want to do jet skis, banana boat rides etc.
would also recommend going to supermarket at el tableros ( again only 2-3 euros by taxi)
it's much cheaper than the shop at cay beach and loads of choice.
Would definitely return, had a very nice week in lovely weather.

Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
4 Thank analogue_10
Cardiff, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 21, 2013

2nd time back, but in JULY, had a great time relaxing by the pool, KIDS entertainment needs to be looked at + ADULTS there was nothing for them, but if you can handle most of the day with your missus and child (15), then no probs, MY MAIN GRIPE about this price is the cost of DRINKS....3 euros for a pint ....GOOD
3 euros for a short ...GOOD..... BUT , BUT 2.50 EUROS for a can of PEPSI + OTHER SOFT DRINKS. I said to the barman "YOU HAVING A LAUGH".....THE SHOP BY THE SIDE OF THE HOTEL, which is part of the hotel was selling them fo...90 cents !!!!!, cans of Tropical beer at the shop 70 cents each, tidy cannot go wrong. Met a few people there, all said the same....BUT ALL SAID THEY WOULD GO BACK.......AND SO WILL I......NICE QUITE HOTEL.... but now the KIDS ARE ON SCHOOL HOLIDAYS!!!!!!

Room Tip: ROOMS as you go over the bridge, on the front will find noise, we were in rooms 216 a + 216b, which...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank mikeperry46
Also consider these accommodations in or near Maspalomas
Bungalows Club Maspalomas
#17 of 218 in Maspalomas
Monte Feliz
Monte Feliz
#2 of 4 in Bahia Feliz

Been to Caybeach Princess? Share your experiences!