There are many plaudits on here for the hotel, do believe the hype! Feeling absolutely shattered and in need of a break, I booked 3 nights at the Salobre on a whim and stayed there as a solo traveller. Please do not worry if you are thinking of travelling here alone. I spotted a number of solo travellers and everybody is having such a good time, the conversations tended to flow! Everything I needed and had hoped for was there - pools...lots! Relaxation... lots! A the luxurious yet casual atmosphere that welcomed solo travellers - tick!
Other reviews have spelt out some of the highlights, so I won't add to a consensus! The Sunset pool is a wonderful spot, but there are so many nooks and little touches that make your draw drop - for me it was turning a corner and some plant or well thought out hidey hole. This is a great place if like myself, you are a photographer or learning photography - flora and fauna, sunsets and interesting architecture.
The Aloe spa is worth the 15 euros, I would suggest visiting there in the afternoon. Most loungers and well shaded, so it is really good to pitch up there in the midday heat after the exposure to the sun on the Sunset terrace in the morning.
The customer service is a real feature that makes the Salobre such a fantastic place. Everybody was friendly, helpful and informative, but the front desk operations need a particular shout out. With so many guests, the care to remember conversations and to follow up questions without being reminded - is a really personalised service. Christian and Antonio could not have been more helpful right from check in and the welcome prosecco you just know you are in for a special holiday. I had various bits of help needed to deal with transfers, trips and checking in for my return flight. All was dealt with quickly and efficiently. Thank you both!
The only thing I'd say on the minus side is that in a country that is so hot, there was a distinct lack of available water without having to spend 3-4 euros. It would be good to have free water coolers around the place or just jugs of water. The place isn't wonderful for vegetarians - I don't think I have ever eaten so much bread and cheese in a week!! Neither of these slight issues caused problems - I offer them as areas that could make the Salobre even more customer-focussed.
To date - the best hotel I have ever stayed in. Bravo! Gracias!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Step into serenity at Sheraton Gran Canaria Salobre Golf Resort which is unique 5-star resort where you can enjoy a true and unbeatable holiday experience set in the countryside of the south of Gran Canaria, beside two 18-hole golf courses and with view to the sea and the mountains of the Island. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Priceline, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Agoda, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your Sheraton Gran Canaria Salobre Golf Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sheraton Salobre Golf Resort And Spa
- Sheraton Salobre Golf Hotel Maspalomas
- Sheraton Salobre Hotel
- Sheraton Maspalomas
- Maspalomas Sheraton
- Sheraton Gran Canaria Salobre Golf Resort Maspalomas