I read lots of the previous reviews before booking this 7 day trip for my wife's 50th bday treat. The hotel is very contemporary and fits snuggly into the hillside and uses materials so cleverly that I think the designer did a great job and I don't like modern architecture. In a nutshell its 5 blocks of apartments linked together cut into a hillside, some overlooking the others, pools dotted about with long range views down to the sea on two sides.
We thought our room on the 10th floor was great, deluxe room (=standard) and apart from 1 day when it was not cleaned until 5pm, the house keeping was faultless. The nice touch of a cup of coffee or tea via room service per person per day was helpful.
Breakfast is definitely the best meal of the day, big buffet spread, with omlettes cooked to order (probable 5 min wait) and pancakes also cooked to order in the shack outside. The fresh orange juice was great. The service from the waiters was chaotic and close to rude - they were clearly understaffed and racing everywhere - which was indeed dangerous for the clients.
Dinner was sometimes OK, other times pretty poor. I would say 60% of the main buffet was constant every night. Now that's great if you want smoked salmon, anchovies and creamy salads every day, but sadly I prefer a bit more variety, especially as quite a number of the items were there at breakfast. The hotplate meals were quite dreadful, but the food cooked out in the shack on the BBQ/griddle were much better. We looked at the set menu in the a la carte but that looked quite uninspiring. The majority of guest at the half term week we were there were German and that may have inspired the food choice served. I would suggest avoiding the asian and italian nights completely and eating downtown Maspolamas and accepting you had to pay for a taxi back. This 5 star hotel has got to stop serving 3 star food!
We enjoyed the location, our accommodation, the pools, the calm atmosphere, some meals and the fact we were left to our own devices. We did not enjoy the dinners or the waiting staff attitude (although some were better than others). We will go elsewhere next time.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Step into serenity at Sheraton Gran Canaria Salobre Golf Resort which is unique 5-star resort where you can enjoy a true and unbeatable holiday experience set in the countryside of the south of Gran Canaria, beside two 18-hole golf courses and with view to the sea and the mountains of the Island. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Hotwire, Orbitz, Travelocity, Agoda, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Sheraton Gran Canaria Salobre Golf Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sheraton Salobre Golf Resort And Spa
- Sheraton Salobre Golf Hotel Maspalomas
- Sheraton Salobre Hotel
- Sheraton Maspalomas
- Maspalomas Sheraton
- Sheraton Gran Canaria Salobre Golf Resort Maspalomas