We stayed at the Sheraton in August as a group of 4 (2 couples in our mid 30s). We were there for a week and had a great time. I would say the hotel is 5 star and is very nicely designed. It has quite an "open air" layout in the public areas which is great for the local climate but the rooms retain a cosy, high-end hotel feel.
It does take a day or two to find your way around as the hotel is built over several levels (I would have liked a more explanation of this when we checked in) but it's not a problem and there are lifts if you cannot make the stairs. There are about 5 pools with 3 of them being quite small which I preferred although as we stayed during school holidays they could get quite busy with kids and their toys. That said, there is a large pool on the top level which is adults only. This was probably my least favourite area however as it just lacked a little in atmosphere. The "sunset" bar is also on the top level but we didn't use it much as service there, while friendly, was very slow during the day. We did enjoy some sangrai up there one evening though!
We stayed all inclusive and I have to say that the food in the main restaurant (Gofio) was wonderful. Yes it is buffet but the selection is huge and the vast majority was very good. You can also if you wish take your "allowance" and eat in one of the a la carte restaurants which we did a couple of times and again, the food was wonderful.
The staff were great, on the whole very friendly and all very attentive and polite. Damian (?) served us several times in both restaurants and was great fun.
We had a spa day included in our package and would recommend a visit. Again it had a lovely pool, saunas, steam room and hot tub. Our friends had a massage which they enjoyed although I believe it was quite firm!
I really liked this hotel and would happily go back. What would have made it 5 out of 5 for me would have been just a little more atmosphere in the bar areas - they have a beautiful main bar on the lower ground floor but it is very quiet. I also felt sorry for the barman here as he was on his own making cocktails - never easy!
Definately a hotel for relaxing in and would recommend!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Step into serenity at Sheraton Gran Canaria Salobre Golf Resort which is unique 5-star resort where you can enjoy a true and unbeatable holiday experience set in the countryside of the south of Gran Canaria, beside two 18-hole golf courses and with view to the sea and the mountains of the Island. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, Hotwire, Travelocity, Orbitz, Agoda, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Sheraton Gran Canaria Salobre Golf Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sheraton Salobre Golf Resort And Spa
- Sheraton Salobre Golf Hotel Maspalomas
- Sheraton Salobre Hotel
- Sheraton Maspalomas
- Maspalomas Sheraton
- Sheraton Gran Canaria Salobre Golf Resort Maspalomas