“Fantastic hotel - need a car”

Sheraton Gran Canaria Salobre Golf Resort
Ranked #6 of 218 Hotels in Maspalomas
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed May 21, 2011

A gem located off the usual track in the hills near Maspalomas. It is a golf resort and spa. Got one of the suites in the front row - excellent views of the course and the mountains in the distance.

Great spacious room with lovely bath and balcony. Modern decor. Helpful and responsive staff. Convenient parking under the reception. Nice open air lobby on the first floor. Several pools with different views - nice spa with heated pool. The gem is the rooftop pool on the 11th floor with sunbeds and views of the island and the sea.

Room Tip: Ask for the suites on the 4th floor. Great views.
  • Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
Salobre2008, Director of Sales at Sheraton Gran Canaria Salobre Golf Resort, responded to this reviewResponded May 23, 2011

Dear sir,

Thank you for taking your time to share your experience at the Sheraton Salobre Golf Resort & Spa! We are glad you “discovered” us, and got to enjoy every part of the hotel. We love the Balinese beds too!

We hope to see you soon again with us,

Sheraton Salobre Golf Resort & Spa

Write a ReviewReviews (2,933)

Reviewed May 19, 2011

We had a warm welcome with glass of champagne at check-in. Staff behind the desk was really friendly and helpfull. Although the resort is pretty big and some people might find the different levels confusing, with the help of a map, it's easy to find your way out!
This resort is the perfect location to ultimately come to rest. (Especially for couples). If you don't want other people around you in the pool, just jump in another. The breakfast buffet was extensive and the staff in the Gofio restaurant was serving to perfection! Live guitar music while drinking a nice cocktail at the 230bar was the ideal way to digest the dinner.
Overall, the cleanliness and maintanance of the facilities was outstanding, I saw more staff who were cleaning than I saw guests! Had one of the best hotel stays in my life. And I will definately come back!

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple

Dear sir,

What a pleasure to read your review! We all have a huge smile in our faces after such nice comments. We take pride in making an unforgettable experience to each one of our guests.

Looking forward to your return! Please do not hesitate to contact us for any matter,

Reviewed May 11, 2011

Booked this hotel not knowing what to expect.
Turned out to be perfect! A beautiful modern resort. There is absolutely nothing I could fault. The rooms are perfect, the facilities are great and you have so many choices when it comes to pools/ restaurants.
I did not even go to the beach. Spent each day by a different pool!
My partner wanted to venture out for dinners, otherwise I would have happily tried the choice of available restaurants.
The staff were also very friendly. Sandra Simone Leibrock kindly upgraded us upon our arrival and even gave us a complementary bottle of wine.
Carlos at reception was also very helpful.

Everything was perfect except the weather. We were there for 3 days at the end of April, and unfortunately for us it rained on two of those days!

However I am definitely considering to return to this Hotel with the rest of my family, as I am sure they will too have a great time. I highly recommend it to any SPG members or non-members.

Ali Mahdavi

Room Tip: Higher up the better
  • Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
Salobre2008, Director of Sales at Sheraton Gran Canaria Salobre Golf Resort, responded to this reviewResponded May 16, 2011

Dear Mr. Mahdavi,

thank you very much for your great words. It is nice to hear that you had a wonderful stay with us.

Thank you as well for recommending the Sheraton Salobre to the rest of the world. We do appreciate this a lot.

Look forward to welcome you back soon. Please feel free to contact us at any time.

Thank you very much again for your support

Sunny greetings,

Reviewed May 4, 2011

I have been to the Sheraton in many occasions always for business purposes. This is the first time I have been for leisure & all in all a great experience.

Great place to unwind, rooms are big & well appointed "only negative thing, no coffee facility in room", but all else good. Big bed 2x2, large bathroom with a great shower area.

Plenty of pools & deck chairs to enjoy the sun, swimming pool on the 11th floor awesome, heated, incredible views & cool chill out palapas, aahhh great mojitos in the bar pool.

Food not bad at all, with plenty of options. Breakfast good, daytime food limited & at night option of buffet or a la carte. Limited or better say no night life, seems no one goes to the bar & it´s a shame, great place nice views & good drinks.

Good gym, never crowded, little spa but well appointed, two very nice golf courses in the resort & several others close by "Meloneras, Tauro, Maspalomas"

Best option to hire a car as it´s about 12 min drive into Maspalomas/playa del ingle/ Meloneras. Beach, shops, bars, etc.....

Happy to help anyone out if you want to have more information. As I live in the Island.

Room Tip: All rooms are good, floors 4 to 6 best access
1  Thank tsm143
Salobre2008, Director of Sales at Sheraton Gran Canaria Salobre Golf Resort, responded to this reviewResponded May 11, 2011

Dear Sir,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at the Sheraton Salobre! We are so happy to hear about your wonderful experience. We agree with you, drinking a mojito at the bar pool with such an amazing view is just superb!

We look forward your next stay,

Reviewed April 23, 2011

Booked 3 superior rooms via internet in October 2010 and payed for the room at the booking. I was planning to celebrate my 50th birthday in Feb at this design hotel and was very thrilled the day we arrived- Feb 18. At the front desk I was told that there was no booking and that the hotel was fully booked so we could not get any rooms. I was totally chocked and I asked to meet with the manager. After 40 minutes, the manager showed up and he was very sorry about the mistake, but he could offer us the same type of rooms with seaview in Maspalomas - a very very nice hotel by the beach. What should we do- my teenage daughters and my brother and me did not have a room at the hotel we had prepaid so we accepted the deal. When we arrived to the hotel by the sea, the only rooms that hotel Salobre had booked was standard rooms on the first floor with a view to garbage cans at a backyard! I refused to have these rooms, but of course, the assigned hotel could not give us any better rooms without paying extra. I had to pay an extra fee of 441 Euros to get almost the same quality of rooms as I had booked at Salobre. I hope that anyone that is considering to book a room at this hotel is reading reviews and that my review will make you think twice before booking a room at Salobre!

Stayed: February 2011, traveled with family
9  Thank Norrlandska
Salobre2008, Director of Sales at Sheraton Gran Canaria Salobre Golf Resort, responded to this reviewResponded May 19, 2011

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback and taking the time to post your comments.

I reviewed your comments regarding your reservation with us at the Sheraton salobre Golf Resort & Spa.

We do take all comments seriously and appreciate all the feedback we can get. I do apologize for the inconvenience caused to you while you made your booking for a stay with us.

As a management team, we take all comments seriously and share them with our staff, so we may resolve any and all issues.

In your case we feel more than sorry not to be able to offer you the room at the confirmed day. As we know the fault was 100 % in our hands we directly offered you the compensation and also offered you an alternative hotel stay.

Again, thank you for the comments, which will help us in our ongoing efforts to improve our service. If you would like to discuss your experience with a member of the hotel staff, please send an email to sandra.leibrock@sheraton.com so we may address it with you directly.

Sandra Leibrock
Sheraton Salobre

Reviewed April 22, 2011

Yesterday my father turned 70 years old and the family decided to celebrate him by eating in a nice restaurant.
Unfortunately we decided to come to Sheraton Salobre.

We didn't stay at this hotel so our feedback is regarding the restaurant not the hotel.
Frankly it was one of my worst eating experiences in recent years. The hotel looked fantastic and restaurant looked excellent as well. but the food...?? The Cook couldn't cook I'm sorry to say. The personell inside the restaurant did their best but they where not experieced working at restaurants.
They lied about the meat, didn't offer anything for the 2 Glutenintolerant persons when they couldn't eat much of the food.

And the service was better than the food!

• Stayed: April 2011
6  Thank PetterLundgren

Dear Sir,

First of all I would like to thank you for taking the time to review your experience at one of the Sheraton Salobre restaurants. I am very sorry to hear that it was not of your entire satisfaction. We will pass on the comments to the management.

We hope to have you again with us, to have a chance to sweep you off your feet.
Please do not hesitate to contact me in advance,

Reviewed April 18, 2011

Great hotel
Fantastic pools including infinity pool on roof with superb sundeck
Luxurious rooms and facilities
Great spa and massage
Breakfast is great and sets you up for the day ..... this is just as well as the lunch at the pool restaurant is extortionate - this is perhaps to be expected in a 5 * hotel but you expect better than the 3* bland food provided
Expensive wifi
Shuttle bus to beach and handy "beach house" which you have use of as a guest of the hotel.
I am looking forward to staying again.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
Salobre2008, Director of Sales at Sheraton Gran Canaria Salobre Golf Resort, responded to this reviewResponded April 22, 2011

Dear Sir,

Greetings from the sunny Gran Canaria! First of all we would like to thank you for taking the time to share your experience at the Sheraton Salobre Golf Resort & Spa. It is a pleasure to hear that your experience with us was so good, and we look forward having you back soon.

Also, we will pass on your comments about the pool restaurant and wifi. Your opinion matters a great deal to us.

Please do not hesitate to contact me for anything.

sandra.leibrock@sheraton.com

Also consider these accommodations in or near Maspalomas
Bohemia Suites & Spa
#2 of 67 in Puerto Rico
Gold By Marina
Gold By Marina
#1 of 135 in Playa del Ingles

Been to Sheraton Gran Canaria Salobre Golf Resort? Share your experiences!