Villas Blancas consists of numerous bungalows for 1 to 6 people, 2 swimming pools (warm and cold) an enormous Jacuzzi and a very good Restaurant/Bar.
It is a men only complex where clothing is optional, the other customers we encountered were very friendly and open minded. Age doesn't matter, and I didn't see any discrimination between age or origin.
The staff are very friendly and help to make your stay as comfortable as possible. The restaurant bar is situated next to the warm swimming pool and is open from 9am till 10pm, but the bar remains open until midnight. They are a little more expensive than what you might expect from other places in the Yumbo or surrounding areas, but the food is excellent and so is the service.
There are 2 types of bumgalows available. A single bedroom bungalow with kitchen/living area and small outer terrace, or a large 3 bedroom bungalow capable of accommodating 6 people, a kitchen/dining area with breakfast bar and dining table and a living room area with TV. The outer terrace is much larger.
We stayed in the larger bungalow which also included air conditioning, a bathroom with double sink, bath and separate shower, even a bidet! The kitchen had a 4-ring induction hob with oven. I know the bungalows in this part of villas blancas are a new addition (taken over from the previous owners), which is probably the reason why the larger bungalows seem as though they are ready for refurnishing, but don't get me wrong, they are still very good.
They are very clean, and not once did we find a cockroach (which are quite common in Gran Canaria). I forgot to mention, that the beds are also comfortable.
We have been to Gran Canaria six times, and Villas blancas is the best place we've stayed. We weren't planning to visit next year, but because of Villas blancas, it's peaceful environment, the great service and the other guests we met, we are already planning our next stay.
Note: if you are looking to have noisy parties by the swimming pool every day, this is probably not the place for you.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 30 bungalows set within tranquil tropical gardens providing varying types of male only accommodation. Two swimming pools (one heated all year-round), 14 man heated jacuzzi, sauna and bar/restaurant. Close to the world famous gay sand dunes and the busy night life of the Yumbo Centre. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA so you can book your Villas Blancas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Villas Blancas Hotel Maspalomas
- Villas Blancas Maspalomas, Gran Canaria