We stayed in a room with on the third floor and after reading previous comments I thought it would be old fashioned but we didn't think it was at all. Yes the exterior of the hotel is old, but inside its polished mable and tiles as you'd espect of a good hotel.
The hotel is right next to the beach at the lighthouse end of the Sand Dunes (5 minutes walk to either). The pool is an unusual shape but it's good for swimming as it's so deep everywhere you have to keep moving. There is a shallow side for children through.
The food at breakfast and dinner in the standard restaurant is good compared with other similar buffet style spanish hotels, however I would recommend the 'Kyrstal' restaurant as this is a no extra cost option for guests on half or full board and the food there was amazing - high class restaurant a la carte standard.
In summary a good relazing holiday - we saw some places I wouldn't have wanted to stay further in land on a coach back to the airport - so I suggest checking how far your hotel is in metres from where you want to go beach, shops, etc... There was a lot of hotels and appartments in this part of Gran Canaria in the middle of nowhere.
I'd also suggest not bothing with transfer coaches if you stay at this hotel or nearby. Ours took 1hr 25minutes to travel 21 miles! In future we'll get a cab - about 40 - 50 euros.
We also had the misfortune of flying with Cattle Class with Monarch from the UK. Both flights were nearly 2 hours late and they didn't even apologise. Completely useless as they always have been, but we expected this and had to bear them as there wasn't a 'proper' airplane from our local airport.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on Maspalomas beach. Near "El Faro" and the Maspalomas sand dunes. Direct access to the beach through lush gardens. Two 5-storey main buildings. Surrounded by 65,000 garden with artificial lakes and approx. 2,000 palm trees. 5 km from Playa del ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotwire, Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hotel Riu Palace Oasis reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Riu Grand Palace Maspalomas Oasis Hotel Maspalomas
- Riu Grand Palace Hotel Maspalomas
- Riu Grand Palace Resort Maspalomas
- Hotel Riu Palace Oasis Maspalomas, Gran Canaria