“Get what you pay for!”

Ranked #77 of 216 Hotels in Maspalomas
Sheffield, United Kingdom
“Get what you pay for!”
Reviewed October 7, 2013

Does what it says on the tin.

Cheep getaway with basic facilities, basic food and basic drinks.

I am fairly well travelled and have stayed in some very expensive hotels in exotic locations and this does not compare to some of them. It does however compare well to some of the cheaper hotels I have stayed in around the world.

To the people on here complaining about all and everything get a fork-in grip, do some basic research before you go and if you want 5* star quality then dig a little deeper and pay for it. As for the silly, over exaggerated comment made by Dizzydi (fitting name by the way) about the quiet pool and the family with the 100 kids, well I dare not say what I really think in public. Dizzydi.......if you want a quiet holiday without the laughter of excited children having fun with their families then pay to go to a more upmarket hotel which maybe caters for adults only, not a cheapo budget holiday that is geared towards families! For your information it is named the quiet pool as it is away from the main entertainment and animation setting where the music is playing and pool activities are taking place. It is not a haven for couples without children to enjoy child free peace and tranquillity (did you not notice that the children's pool is actually part of the quiet pool???). As for your privacy........if that is what you want stay in your room.

This is a cheap package holiday, therefore expect to get what you pay for, do your research before you go and please consider what you have paid before you come on here having a dig because you expected 5* facilities.

If I had one criticism that was worth having a rant about and is within the hotels power to change it would be the 2 drink per guest policy. If I wanted to get a drink for myself my wife and my 2 children I was forced to make two trips to the bar. Just imagine Dizzydi how much of an inconvenience that would cause to the poor family with the 100 children, and you thought you were hard done to ;-)!

Room Tip: Depends what your after!
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
5 Thank Craigiano

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (322)
  • Polish first
teesside
Reviewed October 4, 2013

this review is a mixed batch of good and bad about 'the Turbo club'. i have visited the campo international site near maspalomas 8 times in about 15 years, but this time chose to go all inclusive ! at the Turbo club, and never really had a reason to review the area previously (but stayed an awful lot at 'el palmeral bungalows' which were very good...another story)
first the good points, the staff are A1, all of them, especially the guys who do the entertaining - very enthusiastic and friendly...and the kids don't get bored with them around. bar staff, cleaners etc are very nice too.
the resort/complex is very well laid out and quite a nice area in general, clean and not many cockroaches to be found (only two in whole visit), unusually.
now the very poor and not so good points, i'll be brief as pos. because other reviews have touched on similar points (so basically join the dots and make your own minds up !), LOCATION, unless you want to go to 'holiday world fairground/arcade' you are miles from either playa del ingles or maspalomas in the other direction..i spent a lot on taxis to and from both at a cost of 4 euro one way minimum (the complex supply a beach bus 3 times per day but, its no great shakes) is this the reason people just stay put in the complex 24/7 !!, maybe.
DRINKS, were of a very, very poor standard, very weak and in my opinion 'nasty', i ended up using the on site supermarket for my beverage half way through the week, and i wasn't alone.
FOOD, the breakfasts in spanish hotels are hit and miss with me at the best of times but this was plain awful...no bacon in the serving dish but cauliflower !!! next to eggs and baked beans etc, nah. Dinner and evening meal for the first 3 days were 'proper minging' but somehow and i dont know how 'it turned around and became very nice - so they scored some good points on that one.
AIR CON, the rooms are very hot and have no air con (hire costs 25 euro with 10 of this refundable after a weeks stay) i picked up on this of other reviews and took my own and hired one for the kids..theirs was hardly sufficient and falling to bits at the top (which i pointed out to the reception guy, so not to get blamed for it), some folk left their doors open at night but with our experience with roaches...no chance.
INTERNET, they have pc's in the complex but if you want wifi it costs 6 euro per day or 20 per week, and like somebody earlier said ' its alright by the pool or on your balcony, but go inside and signal goes.
KIDS, loads of kids having fun, nothing wrong with that but 'going apes**t running amok at times with absent parents getting hammered on cheap booze, not right, and i saw it a lot, example: a 5 to 6 year old little lad in the jacuzzi, no parents to be seen - then a couple come strolling down one of the paths approached him then went to the supermarket for 10 mins before returning to him !!! IT WAS HIS PARENTS..i'm not fessing up to being Ned Flanders but come on !.
POLICY, i arrived at the hotel at 9.30 pm and got offered a cold plate to stave off any hunger, by the time we'd dumped the cases it was 10pm and we had one and a half hours of drinks.
on the last day i asked for a late check out room (check out is 12 noon and i needed aroom until 5.35pm) but didnt want no food or drink just a room to have a kip/shower, pack a little later etc (as stated why earlier) i was told that i had to pay 20 euro per person inc kids because this was the only option (even though i'd lost all but one and a half hours all inclusive on my first night !!), i was well cheesed off with the lack of co-operation and told the JET*.com rep of my 'beef', he was as much use as 'half a scissor', like a mug 'i ended up paying it, and because i didnt want my family to be booled out at 12 noon with just a courtesy room sharing with all and sundry' and before you start thinking he thinks he's better than anybody else,i really don't , im just a working classs lad.. but i want a fair crack of the whip !.
SUMMARY, if your happy to sit all day/night and not leave the complex..you will be fine. most families were very good (but some spoilt the situ by being too carefree, as stated), a lot of people were happy with it and you could see it was genuine, but not for me/mine.
lastly one thing that i did find unusual was the mixing of German and UK nationals in the same complex, they kept seperate from each other regarding drinking and socialising but its not something iv'e came across very often such is history i suppose, and it only takes 'one daft song' and the Turbo club will take off, just my opinion.

Room Tip: pick an upstairs apartment because they have doors to the front and rear, allowing a breeze to blow...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
4 Thank teessidecouple

Travelers are raving about these Maspalomas hotels

Wellington, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 26, 2013

We have stayed here twice in the last 4 years & this was our 3rd visit.

Firstly, we already knew exactly what we were getting when we booked & my previous reviews haven't really changed much in that time.

Food & drink basic, but edible & a generally good choice. Breakfast may be a let down for some but there was always something available & unless you generally have a full fry-up every day at home, then you'll find something to eat. Salads, differing meats on offer & usually chips with the occasional roasty or mashed spud thrown in for good measure.

Apartments are very clean & tidy & plenty spacious for a couple. The one thing we usually really like on a holiday is a good shower & these are good powerful showers. We did have an issue with water running fairly cold most nights, but give it 20 minutes & it's hot again.

During our stay there was no issue with sunbeds, it was pretty quiet which suited us fine.

Usual nightime entertainment. Kids mini disco, parrot show, tropical show, fashion show (if that's what they call it!) bingo, quiz maybe & a bit of music.

This place is what it is. Go with low expectations & you'll probably be pleasantly surprised. When you pay peanuts, don't expect to be waited on hand & foot & have gourmet food, then you're looking along the right lines for Turbo Club. Enjoy

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
6 Thank miche32
Romford, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 26, 2013

Got back this week Monday 23rd September. Not a good hotel for couples- Beach was 1 hours walk away - even though hotel had free bus service you was limited to those times that it ran.
Food here not great was ok though. However we ended up eating out as it was so bland .

Entertainment - ? good for children - For Adults...... errr i dont think so... very poor show.

Soft Drinks - awful , sugary and not very nice at all,

Tea & Coffee - Dont do it out of a machine that obviously does not know how to make coffee and tea.

Hired a kettle at a cost and made our own - much safer

Considering my husband wanted all inclusive - i didnt - NEVER AGAIN

Staff - some friendly some not -

2 Pools - one was for entertainment for kids etc.... - the other was the quiet pool - well until a family of a 100 kids decided to use the quiet one which was no more. some people have no respect for others privacy and quietness - therefore that pool then became un usuable.

Wont stay here again as its too far from the towns - have to get cabs everywhere which is costly

THE ONLY THING GOING FOR THIS WAS THE WEATHER - STUNNING HOT WEATHER..................

Finally - You get what you pay for - we booked one week before going and we regret it so much...

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
High Wycombe, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 23, 2013

Me and my boyfriend stayed here in July 2006 and we arrived late and there was no one on reception so we waited around an hour until we were able to see someone to book in . The room its self was tiny no air con but clean the food was ok we were given a room near the pool and it was very noisy late at night . There was a free bus to go into the town not sure if there still is! The hotel stopped servicing drinks at 11.30 pm when I went back in 2006. The town and the beach is lovely but I would not stay here again .

• Stayed October 2012
1 Thank Marie L
tring
Reviewed September 17, 2013

we stayed in August...not really a great place for a couple to stay however the room was very clean and comfortable. The food wasnt great but was eadible....we ate out most nights! i think the best food there was the chips! It also isnt great when all the sunbeds are reserved at 7am before the sun has even come up. We arrived at approx 8pm and were told there were no rooms avaialable so we had to stay in the complex accross the road which was not great! all in all you get what you pay for and i learnt that ill be paying just that little extra or go self catering.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Stafford, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 15, 2013

Accommodation- clean, tidy, comfortable. There was a spring sticking out the side of my mattress but I didn't bother complaining as I had already unpacked! Lol. Our room was right by the small pool, we loved this! It was small and not near the bar so it was usually quite. Never a problem getting sunbeds. I don't like air con so I was ok but my boyfriend struggled to sleep but some people bought small fans. He just grinned and beared it bless him.

food and drink-we were all inclusive. our arrival it was tea time. The food was awful and we started to worry But it got better every day. We enjoyed the food after that. Breakfast wasn't brill but everywhere struggles with breakfast. Never had coliflower as a choice before though -still nice though! The cocktails we're out of a machine. Not the best! My bf loved the beer though and I liked everything else. They don't give you bottled water. Im pretty sure it's tap water but there's a shop connected with the hotel and a 3ltr bottle is €1.50 so can't complain! The bar also closes at 1130pm and if you haven't ordered your drinks by 1125 then you aren't getting served! All the bars, restaurant and toilets are always clean!

Entertainment-well the children's entertainers were fantastic. We don't have children but we saw the two men that did the kids club/disco alot. They work so hard. Always running around! They did adults entertainment too. The quizs and competitions were really good. A few people with lizards, parrots and a girl that did like a million things with a scarf werent bad either. The one thing that had me and my fella in stitches was before the kids disco music is always played and I don't know if you've ever heard it but "tupacs-west side" was played. Its all swearing! Luckily a parent explained to the entertainer that its not suitable and he turned it straight off. I probably wouldn't of found it as funny if it was my children running around though!

Staff-are friendly and work so hard. There's about 4members of bar/kitchen staff that work from like 8am-1130pm! There English is quite good too. Which is a relief as my Spanish is awful!

Good points: free bus to and from the hotel to the beach. Handy shop right on the hotel grounds. Holiday world right across the main road (there is a subway) taxis everywhere. Quite cheap. Yumba shopping centre is great for food and drinks. Mainly gay bars but we loved it! Best place for cocktails! Sparkles is so much fun!
We went on a camel ride that the reception organise. The man driving the mini bus wound me up though. Taking pictures on his phone and asked my fella to video things as we drove around! He also wanted €10 for a video that he'd made on his phone lol we didn't buy it. Crocodillo zoo is quite good. Just don't miss the free bus or its €40 in a taxi! Double check where it picks you up from. Our hotel said holiday park but the bus drove straight past it!

We really enjoyed our stay and wouldn't hesitate about going back. Ignore the bad reviews. Everyone we spoke to was as happy as us! :-) :-)

• Stayed September 2013