My wife & I stayed at this hotel for two weeks in June.
Check in was very strange, they gave my wife & I a bottle of water each & two towels. the last thing we needed was something extra to carry, there was no porter available.
The room was ok & very clean with plenty of wardrobe space.
The food at this hotel was excellent, we've stayed at 19 Riu hotels & the food was almost as good as the Riu Palace hotels in the Caribbean.
Of course the service & cleanliness was what you expect at a Riu, excellent.
The wine leaves a lot to be desired though, Im no expert but the Rose & white wines were warm not chilled, & the sparkling wine called Dubois was awful, it was the cheapest sparkling wine at the local supermarket at just over 2 euros a bottle.
This is a very noisy hotel at night as some posters have mentioned, we had lots of people shouting and screaming in the corriders in the early hours of the morning.
This is a decent family hotel but it's hardly a 4 + and Riu should, just for once enforce it's own rules on reserving loungers as other posters have said.
I've stayed a the clubhotel Riu Vistamar in Porto Rico & I think it's a little bit better than this hotel. It's definately quieter at night!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in Costa Meloneras, near El Faro. 4 And 2-storey building. On the seafront. 30,000 M2 garden. 900 M from Maspalomas sand dune beach. 6 Km from the centre of Playa del Ingles. 200 M from various shops. 37 Km from the airport. 100 M from a bus stop. Credit cards accepted: MasterCard, Amex, Visa, Diners. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com and Travelocity so you can book your ClubHotel Riu Gran Canaria reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Riu Clubhotel Gran Canaria Maspalomas
- Club Hotel Riu Gran Canaria
- Riu Gran Canaria
- ClubHotel Riu Gran Canaria Maspalomas