We’ve just returned from a 2 week holiday at this hotel and we’re pleased to say that overall we have no real complaints whatsoever. The recent “makeover” has certainly raised this hotel to a solid 4 Star rating and the all-inclusive package proved to be really good value for money. Our room was light and airy with a lovely bathroom and great walk in shower. Also a DOUBLE BED…..how nice was that..? Gardens and pool area were immaculate and kept very clean; plenty of sunbeds (although had to play the “get up early” game to reserve a decent place around the pool….); change of pool towels daily; great sea views and a full activities schedule for those wanting a more active holiday. Good quality and good choice of food and drinks and a good selection of bars and restaurant areas to choose from. The Asian restaurant was well worth a visit and the Atlántico restaurant was a great place to have breakfast and /or lunch with views overlooking the sea. The staff also deserve a special mention as they were simply excellent. This up market resort also proved to be a pleasant surprise in that it had some super restaurants and bars, top quality shops and a string of 4 or 5 Star hotels which offered varied entertainment for those wanting an occasional change of scenery in the evening. Being very “picky” we’d have to say that the evening entertainment was pretty dire and very repetitive – hence the reason for us going out a few nights even though this somewhat defeated the point of our all-inclusive package. Also disappointed to see only 3 or 4 English news channels on the TV versus a full range of German channels – not that you go on holiday to watch the TV but nevertheless some form of parity with our German neighbours would have been nice to see. Otherwise a really good holiday, good hotel and lovely resort. Would we go back to this hotel – probably not purely from the point of view that we’d have perhaps preferred to pay a bit more for a half board deal at one of the 5 Star hotels – in particular the Villa del Conde next door which was simply stunning – but for those wanting a good value holiday in a good 4 Star hotel then you won’t be disappointed.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in Costa Meloneras, near El Faro. 4 And 2-storey building. On the seafront. 30,000 M2 garden. 900 M from Maspalomas sand dune beach. 6 Km from the centre of Playa del Ingles. 200 M from various shops. 37 Km from the airport. 100 M from a bus stop. Credit cards accepted: MasterCard, Amex, Visa, Diners. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia and Travelocity so you can book your ClubHotel Riu Gran Canaria reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Riu Clubhotel Gran Canaria Maspalomas
- Club Hotel Riu Gran Canaria
- Riu Gran Canaria
- ClubHotel Riu Gran Canaria Maspalomas