Arrived Monday 25th March my wedding anniversary and also my 60th Birthday on 28th March, everything was fine and we really liked everything,hotel and food however from Saturday evening 30th March the hotel basically closed down for refurbishment, nothing was said about this but fewer and fewer clients were there then the resturants closed down only a half of the main one stayed open, the pool bars closed,the pool was drained, workmen moved in and all the furniture including beds mattresses chairs and tables were stacked outside the front of the hotel, we couldn't believe what we were seeing, how can Thomson and Riu allow this to happen, we were only there for a week and 3 days were a horrible experience. I could carry on and on about everything that went on but I have written to Thomson with photos and have many videos if needed. Is there anyone else who was there at the same time?
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in Costa Meloneras, near El Faro. 4 And 2-storey building. On the seafront. 30,000 M2 garden. 900 M from Maspalomas sand dune beach. 6 Km from the centre of Playa del Ingles. 200 M from various shops. 37 Km from the airport. 100 M from a bus stop. Credit cards accepted: MasterCard, Amex, Visa, Diners. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, Expedia, TripOnline SA, RIU Hotels and Resorts, Travelocity, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your ClubHotel Riu Gran Canaria reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Riu Clubhotel Gran Canaria Maspalomas
- Club Hotel Riu Gran Canaria
- Riu Gran Canaria
- ClubHotel Riu Gran Canaria Maspalomas