We have just returned from one week at the Riu Clubhotel meloneras (September 15th-22nd) We had very little to complain about from our weeks stay. We arrived at about 10.30pm on the saturday and we were given a room directly above the bar (room 3087) after going to get something to eat from the cold buffet which they had provided for late arrivals we headed off to bed, we found we could hear the noise drifting up to our room from the bar below and the next morning the scraping of tables and chairs as the staff were cleaning up. We asked if it was possible to change rooms which was no problem to them at all and we moved to room 3053 further round on the same floor which for us was a much better room, if you like to stay up late this probably wouldnt be a problem.
Service was excellent, the staff work tirelesly from morning until night always smiling and looking like they were enjoying their job, a special mention for Reuben in the international restaurant he was so funny and such a joker he had us laughing every meal time a great guy.
We also found the hotel was probably about 80% Germans, not a big issue as they are intitled to be there as much as we are but we only had a conversation with one english couple the whole week we were there so a few more english would of perhaps been nice.
I feel some people like to complain about petty things reading some of the reviews, we found the hotel to be spotlessly clean, i understand it is being refurbished next year but nothing was that bad it spoilt your holiday, if i have to be critical the sunbed mattress's were shabby and need replacing but when you think how much they are used their not exactly going to replace them every week and once i was lying on my sunbed with a towel over them i didn't notice them.
The food was very good although not as bigger choice as other places i have been to but it was always hot and plenty of it i'm a very fussy eater and i always found something i liked, again not a huge selection of desserts but what was there was were very nice. Alot of the drinks were self service so you just helped your self as much as you want, in the restaurant the staff were happy to get them for you if you asked or in our case Reuben got them for us the minute we sat down without even having to ask.
Overall i would definatley reccomend this hotel and i would return myself if i was going to Gran Canaria again. Just remember we all like different things and some people are fussier than others.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in Costa Meloneras, near El Faro. 4 And 2-storey building. On the seafront. 30,000 M2 garden. 900 M from Maspalomas sand dune beach. 6 Km from the centre of Playa del Ingles. 200 M from various shops. 37 Km from the airport. 100 M from a bus stop. Credit cards accepted: MasterCard, Amex, Visa, Diners. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotwire, Travelocity, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and TripOnline SA so you can book your ClubHotel Riu Gran Canaria reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Riu Clubhotel Gran Canaria Maspalomas
- Club Hotel Riu Gran Canaria
- Riu Gran Canaria
- ClubHotel Riu Gran Canaria Maspalomas