Twenty apartments in Sonnenland which is a quiet area of the island. Rooms 19 & 20 are furthest from the bar so best for the traveller who wants a bit of peace. Situated on a hill you get a welcome breeze from the scorching sun. Staff are only available at specific times of the day so you are left to your own devices. I had a nice friendly welcome from Barbara who manages the complex. The apartments are comfortable but basic and benefit from an upstairs balcony with double doors as well as a downstairs seating area with sliding doors which creates a nice breeze through the rooms. I think the apartments would benefit from some extras like more cutlery, egg cups etc but overall the place is good value for money. Its not luxurious more middle of the road.
The dunes are about 30 minutes walk away and taxis are cheap so good to use. there are also local bus stops outside for cheaper travel. Spar mini supermarket right next door, however, a short walk away is a new shopping centre whith a great Hyperdino supermarket, fantastic frozen yoghurt bar and a snack place with the best coffee on the island. Dont use the S L Transfer service as, although cheap, is slow and a waste of time. Great Tapas bar in the yumbo called Wapas tapas but you have to book in advance
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Vista Bonita Gay Resort is an attractive complex exclusive for gay men and lesbians. Set around an outdoor pool and hot tub, it is less than 3 km from Maspalomas Dunes, and offers spacious apartments with terraces and free Wi-Fi throughout the resort.The Vista Bonita features simple decor and each of its duplex apartments has a kitchenette and toilet on the ground floor. Living areas lead onto a terrace, giving direct access to the pool. Upper floors have a bedroom and a bathroom, as well as private entrances.Guests can enjoy a drink in the Bonita's bar, or relax on the terrace, which offers views of the attractive gardens. There is a snack bar and barbecue facilities are available.The centre of Playa del Ingles, where there is a selection of shops, bars and restaurants, is a 5-minute taxi ride from the complex. You can hire a car or bicycle from the tour desk and an airport shuttle service is available for an extra charge. Nudism is allowed ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Travelocity, Expedia, Hotwire, Cancelon, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Vista Bonita Gay Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Vista Bonita Apartments Hotel Maspalomas
- Vista Bonita Gay Resort Maspalomas, Gran Canaria