“Quiet, peaceful and comfy” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of eo Suite Hotel Jardin Dorado

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
eo Suite Hotel Jardin Dorado
Ranked #55 of 220 Hotels in Maspalomas
“Quiet, peaceful and comfy”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 30, 2011

Returned from here in the early hours of this morning. I had read the very mixed reviews of this hotel but trusted the friend I travelled with who spends a week here each Feb and Oct as its just opposite the tennis academy where she goes for coaching. I really liked the bungalow style rooms, cleaned daily. Shame no tea or coffee making facilities here but they did give us a percolator.
Re the food - I rarely stay at these kinds of places but compared to other buffet style places I have used in Spain over the years it was above average. The range of fresh breads lovely, lots of fruit and veg.
It is very quiet and I wanted a holiday where I had peace and the chance to read, write and generally chill. I was able to get a sun lounger pool side at all times of the day. Used the free shuttle into the beach and usually used taxi back which was simple and cheap. I loved the lack of entertainment and low keyed evenings. Last October I found myself at a disco - karaoke - noisy all inclusive on mainland Spain that was like my nightmare vision of Saturday night in UK town centres so this was a joy. But if your idea of a good time is drinking past 11 pm and making lots of noise then this isn't for you.
My friend hired a bike for a week at 35euros and got around very well like that, another possibility. As some others here she too is in love with the cats! The staff are friendly and helpful, except for some of the management who are very efficient but not warm and welcoming.
I would return if I wanted similar winding down time. It did the trick for me.

• Stayed October 2011
1 Thank ASavBethnalGreen

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (247)
  • Finnish first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 24, 2011

If you are not all inclusive and are paying for your drinks, you are ripped off with the amount of beer in your glass ! More than an inch of head! If you complain you are laughed at!

The food is vey good, pool great, but no shops or supermarket near by Would consider coming back!
Dave - from Brighton UK

• Stayed October 2011
Plymouth, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 23, 2011

Just had a week all inclusive at this hotel. Nice hotel - nothing special, but nice. No tea/coffee facilities in room, which as we were all inclusive shouldn't have been an issue; however, on last morning, left at 07.45 a.m. without breakfast, or drink, as nothing open........Perhaps the hotel could consider a 'breakfast pack' for those guests travelling home before restaurant/bar opens.
Food okay, but nothing to write home about. Only salad and fruit available for those of us who don't eat meat, so I've probably lost a bit of weight (not a bad thing, all considered!)
No entertainment on site, except on Saturday night, and as this hotel is off the beaten track, it's too dull to stay 'on-site' except for one or two evenings.
Befriended a very affectionate cat, who we called Bill. He's cream, with silver markings. Loves his cuddles :-)) Cried when I had to leave him.... :-((
I have enjoyed my break there, but only because I vowed to do nothing - and at this hotel, that's pretty easy to achieve.

Room Tip: Our bungalow was on the inner circle, overlooking the pool. As night times quiet, there was no issue...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Bibiblade
Glossop
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 19, 2011

My wife and I returned last week 16th Oct 11 and we had a great 2 weeks stay at the Jardin Dorado. I can understand some of the bad comments but you can,t please all the visiters all the time.
What I can say it was a very nice place to stay and well run by the staff and manager who was always walking within the hotel complex if you needed to ask him for anything, some of the things that concerned us was we had a late flight back because we arrived late at night 22.00 hrs and our wrist bands where cut off at 12.00hrs on the day we left and the all inclusive was stopped despite the fact we arrived late at night.
The only bar is situated outside in the pool area and the staff have to wait on tables at meal times leaving the bar un-attended for short periods at a time (they work very hard) and are all very polite. The outside openplan eating area is a problem with birds picking your food if you leave it unattended and messing on the seats and tables, to me this is un-hygienic situation and needs to addressed by the manager or the owners of the complex to improve standards but after a day or so you get to leave your table attended by your partner to protect your food. The food is plentiful and well presented despite what people say it was very good and something for all. you get free water by the bottle if required and there is a fee bus service to player de inglis and masspolomas from outside the enterance. Entertainment is not to good maybe once per week and it is very quite at nights sat in the bar area its best to go out if you fancy seeing the night life, what you must understand is this is not a mulltistory complex and is very quite with no noise from lifts or banging doors and high heels pranging arround at night.
My overall review is this place is ok and I would go back however we intend to go to Mogan in a few months time to visit this lovely place, if you get chance go to look arround and spend a day out you get there by bus or ferry from Porto Rico.

Room Tip: we feel the inside middle rows are best as some outer rooms overlook the car park and waste land ho...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Brian T
Haverhill, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 8, 2011

We have just arrived home from a weeks stay here,and having read reviews on here,some v good and some v bad,wondered what we'd find.However the villas or bungalows are extremely nice and clean,the staff(unlike some peoples views on here)were extremely friendly and couldnt do enough for us.Myself my partner and my 7 year old daughter really loved the place,the pool was excellent,plenty of sunbeds and space.It is set around spacious gardens,no high rise anywhere and only a short free 5 min bus ride from the beach.The food was the only thing which let the place down slightly but having said that there was plenty of choice and always something we could eat.We went all inclusive for the first time and is highly advisable as it is expensive to eat out every night.
To sum it up this is an ideal place to take your family for a relaxing enjoyable break.Personally I cant see how anyone can write a bad review about this place.We have stayed in a few places over the years and this is up there with the best of them.
Lovely place,Lovely people and country.Will return for sure

Room Tip: Go to the aqua park and have a ride on the camels which are close by and short transfer time from ai...
5 Thank Dombash
Poole, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 6, 2011

Arrived at 1am receptionist showed us to our room and gave us a plate of food, bottles of water and fruit.The bungalow was lovely, clean and roomy and on the outer ring so very peaceful and over looking the golf course.Cleaned daily and new towels. Three lovely tame cats joined us for the week and slept on our patio all day and night ! The pool is big and clean.We usually got there at about 9am and still managed to get 3 sunbeds and mattresses although most were taken up early or even the night before !! The hotel is a taxi or a bus ride from anywhere so if you want to go out and about this is probably not the place for you. Taxis were average 4 euros to most places so not bad. Now for the food - it was much the same everyday breakfast was under cooked bacon, congealed scrambled egg beans. There was some cereal and fruit but not really aimed at kids. Lunch and dinner was soup, salad, bread and a choice of hot dishes. They would always cook you something on the grill it seemed to always be fish or pork ! All cooked on the same griddle and my 11 year old daughter was given a raw pork chop much to our fury ! For the kids there was always burgers, chicken nuggets and chips and I mean always - they even made an appearance at breakfast !!! That aside there was always something you could eat and it wasn't all bad. Could always get a drink without queuing and staff were friendly. All in all a most enjoyable stay. Would love to go back but the food would need to improve first.

Room Tip: If you want peace and away from the pool and bar ask for the outer tier of bungalows.
3 Thank Jayne N
Stoke-on-Trent
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 5, 2011

We stayed here in August for a week with our 2 children and had a lovely time. The hotel was clean, and had a lovely pool area although there was only 1 gents and ladies WC but our bungalow was close enough for us to use. We did have to get up at 7am every morning to get a sunbed and a cushion which was a bit of a pain. There were spare sunbeds but no cushions so more would be a definate bonus. The food was well cooked and plentiful and we never went hungry. We heard people moaning about it saying it was the same and yes there were the same things but there was always a good choice and different types of meat and veg and plenty of fresh salad, bread and nuggets and things for the kids so we didn't have any compaints at all.

The bungalows were very pretty with their own little gardens and patio table and chairs (we had a junior suite) and it was cleaned every day with fresh towels. It and was comfy and had everything we needed for the time we spent inside.

The only downside is that the hotel is a little bit out of the way and inbetween Maspolomas and Playa Del Ingles but it wasn't really a problem as we wanted a quiet break and taxis were cheap too around 3-4 Euros each way to either resort and only a few minutes ride.

There wasn't a lot of entertainment on at night but again this wasn't a problem for us as we were happy to eat and have a few drinks and didn't really want a lively holiday but if you're looking for something lively then this place is not for you.

On the whole we had a lovely relaxing holiday and if I wanted a quiet break again I would definatley book it again.

Room Tip: The bungalows a couple of rows away from the bar are best for people with kids as the music is quite...
1 Thank Minx03