“This place is great value for money” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Bungalows Vista Oasis Apartments

Bungalows Vista Oasis Apartments
Ranked #88 of 220 Hotels in Maspalomas
West Yorkshire
“This place is great value for money”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 3, 2010

Stayed here for 7 nights with my partner, the room was very clean and the maid service was up to scratch with the maid coming everyday if requested or every other day asa rule. The staff do have broken English but hey you know what it is GC wich is part of Spain where their first language is Spanish the last time I checked. We did see one cockroach when we arrived at the room but no sign for the rest of the stay. The staff are very accomodating and the complex is ideal if you're looking for a quite stay in tranquil surroundings. The only negativity for the complex is that there is no air con in the rooms or ceiling fans.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank dave3some69

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (234)
  • Polish first
Oxford
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 13, 2010

Just returned from our trip to The Vista Oasis in Gran Canaria and I feel compelled to review it.
A basic hotel but it was fantastic value for money...... and the best thing about it???? very few Brits!!!!
The majority of the guests were Spanish, which has to be a good thing.
Apartment:
Good sized lounge area with TV (Payable, had Sky Sports), always clean (no insects).
The bedroom was a good size too with plenty of wardrobe space.
The bathroom had bath and shower, and always working.
Each apartment has its own patio/balcony. Ideal to sit out on to cool down.
4 out of 5
Pool/pool area:
Good size pool, split into 3 sections (1 for the toddlers)
plenty of sunbeds and you are not allowed to leave towells out overnight. In fact the pool area does not open til 9.30am.
5 out of 5
Bar:
Good size, clean and tidy. Not much inthe way of evening entertainment.
4 out of 5

Value for money:
Outstanding
5 out of 5

Conclusion:
Do not be put off by some of the reports. £200 for 2 for 7 nights including the flight???? Need I say more

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Poolie93
Leamington Spa, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2010

I thought this was great value for money! The room we had was very spacious with a kitchen area, decent sized living space, bedroom and bathroom and a large balcony (we did pay £20 to upgrade our room when we booked on the phone).

There was a beautiful, but very thin silver tabby cat who visited us at our apartment (near the pool). One night she led me to a spot at the hotel where she had left her 4 kittens! Me and my boyfriend fed them every night while we were there. If you see then please feed them, cat food is very cheap at the spar or supermarket 0.39 for a small tin!

The room was perfectly clean, but basic, but at this price I didn't expect much so I was pleasantly surprised.

There is a spar down the road and a larger supermarket about 10m walk from the apartments.

The staff aren't overly friendly. There is a man who I think is in charge and if you have any queries regarding anything on the Island he is very helpful. There is wifi in reception! You can pay 10 Euros for the use of your TV for a week. There is no air con, but you can hire a fan (not sure of the cost).

You are quite far from the beach, shops and most of the restaurants but taxis are cheap, about 4/5 euros. Me and my boyfriend walked to the beach and maspalomas town, took us about 40m to get there. There is a free bus service that stops by the hotel and runs to Maspalomas a few times a day - ask at reception for more info.

I think there are 3 restaurants very near the hotel but I only ate at the chinese one. My meal there was ok .

When you get to Maspalomas (facing the lighthouse) if you turn right and walk along the beach front these are the more expensive restaurants. If you turn left these are the cheaper restaurants. One of the best restaurants I ate at was Maxamillion which is very smart, on the beach front, great service and the prices on the menu vary from quite cheap to expensive. This restaurant is the first one on the right hand side.

If there are any vegetarians out there Maxamillion is a good restaurant to eat at as there are a few dishes to choose from. There are a couple of restaurants on the left hand side that have a couple of veggie dishes on the menu (one of these has a veggie section on the menu - choice of about 4 dishes). In Puerto Rico there is an Irish bar that serve vegetarian breakfast!

While I was here I went to Palmitos park which I loved, the dolphin show was amazing (I was asked if I wanted to be part of the show which was amazing!). I also went to Puerto de Mogan which is very pretty with lovely architecture - good place for photos! I went to the market here but was quite disappointed - I was expecting traditional spanish/canarian goods but just saw loads of english tat and market holders pulling goods out of boxes saying made in china!

We also went to a place called Aguimes on the bus, which is a small town (not touristy at all). I thought this place was beautiful, lovely buildings, unfortunately the shops seemed to be closed though!

I paid to do the Las Palmas open bus tour which was quite expensive but was worth it! I loved Las Palmas, was a perfect combination of good restaurantes, great shops, and lovely surroundings! If you like shopping this is the place to go! There are a few handicraft shops selling traditional goods as well as lots of high street shops selling clothes at good prices!

If you want to buy traditional canarian goods go to Fedac, which is a goverment not for profit organisation where all the money goes to the crafts person. There is one Fedac in Playa De Ingles by the Yumbo Centre in the Tourist Information office and I think the other one is in Las Palmas.

I hope you enjoy your stay!

Elle

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
6 Thank E1eanor
Glasgow
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 3, 2010

Me and my boyfriend stayed here and although they are very basic they are clean and peaceful which is the main thing.
The only fault i can report is the lack of hot water, i was lucky enough to jump in and out but my boyfriend had to make do with a cold shower nearly every day.
Also there is no air condition
The complex is a bit out of the way and up a hill of the main road so make sure you have flat shoes with you.
If looking for a quiet holiday then this place is.
With these apartments you get what you pay for and we weren't disappointed.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
2 Thank nitrogal
Wales
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 1, 2010

We were led to believe we would be staying in a 3* accommodation with iron, safe and satellite tv included. Of course you could have safe, for an extra 10.50p.w. and satellite tv for 10p.w. I had to ask for iron, which they grudgingly handed over and not because it had lots of exposed electrical wires and uk plug, but because I had asked for it (thanks), of course I couldn't use, life more important than creased clothing. Amazing kitchen, seen bigger shoe boxes. 2 ring elec hobs which took almost 30 minutes to get warm, you hungry, eat out, will be starving by time hob warms up let alone cooks food. If you like a comfortable nights sleep, sleep on floor, more comfortable than beds. Staff, they wanted to be there as much as I did, you could tell by their lack of smiles. Lovely pool, when they clean it, son wouldn't use because he saw faeces in it, which we told them about. Unsure, either they didn't understand, or just really couldn't be bothered, as nobody did anything about it. Oh and don't ask cleaners to come back later as you've just got out of the quickest 5 min shower of all time (as water gets cold), cause they scowl at you, not only because they don't speak English, but also because you didn't let them in, even if you are undressed. My two weeks there, lasted 7 nights, then we checked out of there, even though we'd paid for the two weeks. We checked into a different hotel as all we wanted was to rid ourselves of the back pain the beds had caused and to try and enjoy at least some of our time there. Gran Canaria, very beautiful country with glorious weather. Places like the Vista Oasis just ruin it and can turn what should be a fab holiday into the worse ever experienced. My advice, look elsewhere!!!!!!!!!!!

Stayed March 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank mel40Wales

Travelers are raving about these Maspalomas hotels

Glasgow, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 30, 2010

booked for Mas Palomas but ended up in Sonnenland a 30 to 45 minute walk, the place had nothing for children and the prices was sky high 4 euros for a pint of lager, we stayed in vista oasis bungalows, beds were not changed the whole week towels were changed once and the cleaning was practically non existant, 5 euros for two plates of chips at the pool and they were unedible. I will never visit this place again

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank auntie27
London
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 23, 2010

stayed in Vista Oasis during the Feb half term week (2010). In a nutshell, the setting felt a little like a retirement community. Very residential setting. Hotel restaurant was terrible (and so were many of the others locally - either in terms of service and quality of food).
Vista Oasis staff very helpful and friendly and we also got two free bus trips to the beach.
Rooms could just about accommodate 4 people (2 adults, 1 teenager, 1 toddler) but overall, the room was clean and tidy.
If you have teenagers as part of your family/group, I would look elsewhere as activities are very limited.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled with family