“What do some people expect”

Bungalows Vista Oasis Apartments
Ranked #90 of 216 Hotels in Maspalomas
“What do some people expect”
Reviewed November 25, 2012

This hotel is bargain basement and pretends to be nothing else its A blank canvas to create your own great holiday on it strikes me as some people with bad experiences either expected too much from what in effect is a cheep n cheerful hotel some people also slate the staff well I can say that with a warm atmosphere and a friendly approach the best can be brought out in people.
We went all inclusive and found the food to be of varying quality but the meats were always nice and a wholesome meal could be constructed from what was on offer avoid pasta as not seasoned and boiled eggs were a little tasteless but hey always fruit on offer and buffet style so don't give up trying till you get a meal.
Evening entertainment is best provided by yourselves as when we turned up in November there weren't enough people to provide us with the delights of the reptile show I was upset at missing this as the mind boggles at how a tortoise can be used on stage with an iguana
I am of the opinion that the same entertainment agency as phoenix night's supplies the acts.
I partook in the karaoke and this was fun the Friday magic show was quite good.
A I drinks are strong not weak but cease at 11pm so get tanked up before then.
Read and understand the map before walking to the beach its A fair walk but with the free bus 4 times a day or 4 euros a taxi can't complain about the hotels location.
Paco the barman is a dry but funny guy often miss understood I reckon and the other bar t staff are really good
Would I go again yes I would
We met people from all around Europe and its not the hotel that makes a holiday its the company a good time was had every night
If you've an outgoing friendly nature you'll love it here

• Stayed November 2012
8 Thank hyabusafrank

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (248)
  • Polish first
Plymouth, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 18, 2012

I had concerns after reading reviews, but I agree with Rita M. We had fresh towel nearly every
day, room was always clean,(our maid was fab nothing to much trouble) we went self catering,up the hill a very good restaurant,and you have the spar shop next door. Pool was clean with plenty of sunbeds. It was quite a way out,we walk down and caught a taxi back. Staff were always friendly
and helpful.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
11 Thank Phyl P
Nottingham, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 17, 2012

just back from gran canaria and had a great time at the hotel. plenty of fresh towels place was spotless when we arrived.
had read reviews and must say you must get a lot of whingers . going back next may and can't wait. out of the place and turn right 200yds.good spar shop and restuarants.
we wouldn't go all in cos eating out is cheap and you get what YOU want.
have stayed in 4 and 5 star hotels abroad that weren't so clean.
if you intend to go abroad do your homework first!!!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
9 Thank Rita M
Worcester, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 12, 2012

My daughter and her partner were looking for a cheap getaway to some winter sun and I found Vista Oasis. They were concerned about some of the bad reviews but having been to somewhere myself that had bad reviews only to find that it was perfectly fine they went ahead and booked. The bad reviews caused them unnessary anxiety. When they arrived they found the staff to be helpful, the apartment was larger than expected and clean. They had towels, sufficient equipment for the little self catering they did, no cockroaches (but even it they had seen some - what do people expect in hot countries!). There were restaurants in walking distance, a bus or taxi to take them to Maspalomas and the other stunning beach areas where there were also lovely restaurants etc. They would have liked the beach to be closer and would probably book somewhere in maspalomas next time but they had a great holiday in accomodation that did not dissapoint for the money they paid. The supermarket was not particulary well stocked but there was a Spar not far away where they could get all they needed.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
4 Thank LoneRanger13
ross on wye
Reviewed November 12, 2012

After booking the Vista oasis i checked some of the previous reviews and thought OMG. Well what a load of cobblers some people write. When we arrived at the Vista Oasis we were greeted by a very pleasent man at reception. Check in was prompt and straight forward. 20 euros for the hire of the safe for 2 weeks, which is about par with all places i have stayed. Rooms although not the Ritz are OK, Cleaned 12 out of 14 days, sheets changed 3 times also towells 3 times. I see some people moan about the amount of changes [ but dont you shower every night and morning to stay clean] get real you dont change towells and sheets that often at home. Cooker basic as with kettle but does the job for a cuppa in the morning or at night. Excellent fridge. Very large patio with table and chairs Excellent swimming pool. Cant comment on food drinks etc as we ate out all the time
Spar just up road about 200 yards. Dont need to tell you about Taxis where to go etc etc because its all been said before. To round up very good value for money and would return to the Vista Oasis if we return to Maspalomas

Room Tip: We had room 2. if i had a choice would ask for a roome on the next level up
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank paul h
Oxford, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 11, 2012

Just returned from a weeks holiday here, where do I start! Arrived at reception to be told by a fellow guest sarcastically we were gonna love it here!!!!! Room was stale and very basic, patio area quite big and ok. Location out of the way but a nice x1 mile walk to the beach. My husband and I were booked in as AI (as there was no other option available when I booked this holiday) The towels were really stale and smelly and first day we used our own face cloths to dry ourselves or drip dried, there was no way I was going to use the towels. The shower holder was broken so the shower attachment was just left at the side of the bath, we asked 3 times for it to be fixed and 4 times for clean towels by mid week it was sorted! However before it was sorted I was showering trying to hold shower head and slipped in the bath I fell so badly I had to visit hospital as I thought I'd cracked a rib! We checked the AI lunch and I can honestly say I wouldn't feed to my dog, it was dried up slop, my husband is not particularly fussy so he decided to check out breakfast, the minimal choice of bind scrambled eggs that was off colour and smelled fishy made him feel sick so thought a safe option would be beans on toast, even that wasn't fit for human consumption! On asking one of the staff for a coca cola to wash the vile taste away he was told NO you have to wait until 11am even though he had his wrist band on and the waiter knew he was AI, he only asked for this as the fruit juice available was cloudy and looked watery. As a result of this we ate out every day as the self catering equipment was a joke! We thought we might spend a day at the pool, 20 minutes was long enough, during that time my husband went to the bar to get 2 diet cokes, the bar man phoned reception to double check we were AI, it was ridiculous! All in all I'd honestly say I'd never go back there, our AI totalled up to x2 diet cokes and mouthful of watery beans! Complete waste of money, the only good point was we were there with friends and had a great time OUTSIDE of the complex and was just so glad to get home to our home comforts. Sorry to be so negative as I've read a few reports that people loved it, the saying is very true, you get what you paid for!!

• Stayed November 2012
4 Thank Jackie320

Travelers are raving about these Maspalomas hotels

Bury St. Edmunds, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 4, 2012

We stayed at the Vista Oasis in August 2012 and due to the delayed response to our complaints from our holiday provider are only now writing our review. We arrived at our apartment to find there was no kettle or towels in our room, we were also told in our paperwork that we would have a poolside view but this ended up being a large wire fence with grafitti all over the bottom of it.
During the week none of our bed linen was changed and our towels were only changed once, we had to ask the receptionist for a clean tea towel as this wasn't changed either.
The worst part of our break was on the third day we noticed a strange smell in the room which gradually got worse throughout the day, I decided that I would air the bedsheets as they weren't changed to see if this would help, as I lifted the mattress topper I saw a large dead creature laying on the mattress where I had been sleeping. I immediately contacted reception who sent somebody to see what the problem was, the member of staff came along and removed what he advised to be a dead lizard and returned with a new mattress and the hotel manager who was not interested at all in what we were complaining about. We were horrified to think that I had been sleeping on the bed with the lizard underneath and nobody had changed the bedding to find it.
Also when we were due to depart for the transfer to the airport we found that we couldn't get out of the complex as we were locked in, the whole place felt like a prison with the barbed wire fencing all around.
When we returned from our holiday we immediately complained to the holiday company who took almost 2 months to give a full and feeble explaination that was basically a lot of excuses and we will no longer be using them to book our future breaks.
All in all this was our worst holiday we have ever had due to the cleanliness of the complex and rudeness of the staff.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple