“Vista Oasis”

Bungalows Vista Oasis Apartments
Ranked #83 of 218 Hotels in Maspalomas
Reviewed October 12, 2012

Me and two friends stayed in one of the bunglalows in June 2012. The place itself was clean and nice even though it was basic. The staff were really nice and friendly and always more than willing to book taxis/sort any issues quickly. The swimming pool was clean and there were always plenty of sun loungers. Its a good place for a family or those looking for a quiet holiday. We had our own private garden with an amazing view. The only negatives were the cleaners only changed the bed sheets once during our 5 day stay. This was particularly dissapointing as there was NO air conditioning. If you find it hard to sleep in humid temperatures this is not the place for you, even though we had a electric fan it still was really hot. Overall apart from no A/C this was a lovely place to stay and very good value.

Room Tip: Try get a bunglalow instead of an apartment if possible and furthest away from the pool for a quiet...
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
4  Thank Ani P
Write a ReviewReviews (1,096)

Reviewed October 4, 2012

not the place for all inclusive as meals were over cooked repetetive and was not a meal as such but individual items that did not complement or make a meal. The best meals we had was lunch time (twice) when there were not enough guests to cook buffet for and we chose from a limited bar snack menu.If you are vegetarian then chips and salad are the meal for you twice a day every day.
The rooms had cracked tiles,towels were changed once and the bed linnen not at all. Plastic protector sheets on beds made us hotter and with no air conditioning beds were wet with perspiration.
fans are 10 euros a week to hire, safe in rooms are also an added extra as was the television (not required or used). the restaurant is a pool side cafe,the terrace area could do with a good clean or jetwash. cock roaches and ants are problematic in rooms. The fridge was warm and repeatedly defrosted. Cooking facilities were basic and consisted of a 2 ring hob which we used to heat the kettle only. The bath was heavily stained and all the bungalows could do with a full refurbishment, repair of floor and wall coverings.
there are no hair drying facilities and the door to the public toilet next to restaurant has no lock.
It is in a isolated residential area but taxis provide good value for money transport to the larger resort. All staff were polite and cheerful on the whole.

Room Tip: go elsewhere
3  Thank jackanlee
Reviewed October 4, 2012

We have just got back from vista oasis my fiancé and I. We stayed for one week All inclusive,
ROOM - When getting off the coach we thought OMFG. But to be fair the room was clean and spacious with a teccace with perfect sea views over looking maspalomas. My bed was as hard as nails and made a noise with every move I made I got one good nights sleep in 7 days, but! In saying that my finances was fine. Extra pillows were in the room. Room was right next to pool. Was all in all very good room for the cost.
FOOD- in my opion the food was a DISSGRACE but I am a very picky eater and don't really like buffet style food. My fiancé on the other hand thought it was ok-ish (but he would eat concrete if dished up lol ) I never had breakfast lunch once and dinner once. We ate out all the time after day 2. Ending up spending an extra 600 euros by end of week. If u have been to other hotels all inclusive buffet style this hotel is a poor example.
DRINKS - all inclusive a choice of very cheap lager, wine that tastes like vinegar, very cheap vodka,rum and gin. barman Paco was a true gent tho very nice man, an asset to this hotel.
ENTERTAINMENT- I reakon this hotel has a 100 quid budget a month for entertainment night we arrived was karaoke no one joining in, found it very amusing wen we walked into bar and the karaoke man sang to us welcome to hotel California, second night was a reptile show, well it was 2 people turning up with 2 snakes and an iguana (that didn't want to get out its box) they showed snakes and off the went not really a show. Next night bingo! Moody bingo lady 5 euros to play for a poundshop toy, we declined to play she was very rude. No entertainment team the whole place lacked atmosphere day and night. We went out as much as possible.
FREE BUS TO BEACH - use it! Get early one and make day of it, always on time brilliant service.
There is a little spar shop p the hill to ya right of hotel, is what it is but handy to have there
The thing that really really made me wanna write a review is something that disgusted me! I read on here in someone's review they had wrote back in aug. the toilets in public bar area STILL has no lock but worst of all is the light switch in the ladies. Totally exposed wires no switch just masking tape covering were light fitting should be. Bloody terrible!
The Spanish guests are rowdy with no manners. One night they was in the pool screaming and shouting and woke me up IT WAS 4am! So I went out had a go at em they got out. Whatever the night man was doing at that time I'll never no, think he was asleep.
Other then that we made our holiday by going away from vista oasis.
Can highly RECCOMEND restaurant oasis past the lighthouse,best fillet steak ever! For only 17euros (the seat cow is in front of it) you will no what I mean wen u there. Another stunning place to eat is round by the casino perfect clean tapas bar called banditos, or something like that.
all in all for room only and the free bus with very cheap taxis to anywhere and everywhere then it's a ok place. If u want more then go elsewhere.

Room Tip: Pool side rooms very noisy
5  Thank Kerrie P
Reviewed October 4, 2012

cant understand how anyone can give this place a bad review, what do you expect for your money ?. this is friendy clean and cheap. its a bit out of the way but a cheap cab gets you anywhere, free bus 2. there are also a few local resterants that are good just up the road.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank penny277
Reviewed September 24, 2012

My husband and I were looking for a relaxing holiday and this is just what we got, The apartments were very clean and big enough for two but we had a spacious sun terrace which was a real sun trap overlooking the pool so we spent most mornings on the sun loungers on our terrace, we would then go down for lunch (which was always plentyfull) and would then stay by the pool never had any problems with getting a sun bed. The staff were very friendly and always ready and willing to help . As for the food I would not say its the best we had ever tasted but was more than edible and plenty of it all in all we had a very relaxing holiday which is what we wanted but for only a short taxi ride aprox 5 euro you could go to Playa De Ingles with a full variaty of night life. Would we go back? YES

8  Thank Cheryl B
Reviewed September 23, 2012

we arrived after an hr on the transfer bus as we were last dropoff I had requested a bottom apartment (as my travelling companion has bad arthritis ) but only 1 available and it hadn't been cleaned, we were informed we could have it next day if we could manage the 1 night
as promised the apartment was cleaned and we were moved, right next to the pool which was lovely out the front door and onto the sun lounger few feet away easy steps for my friend to be able to get into the pool. we had a fab wk made some lovely friends. We went ai but really was more full board with free drinks, bar closed 11pm, never known this in Spain before
staff were all very friendly and helpfull, food not 5 star but we enjoyed what we had, after all we booked a cheap n cheerfull hol and that's what we had, as for cockroaches we didn't see any, few ants but very tiny things I took a spray with me anyway after reading some of the reviews The Spanish are a bit of a pain on w/end, rowdy take over the pool, but you can always go somewhere else if they bother you too much, overall a very nice place, clean, september not too many kids which we prefer on this sort of holiday, just wanted to get some sun in the bones before winter so don't be put off too much by bad reviews, Iv had worse in Torremolinos

Room Tip: All rooms same, have sea view, lower floors are around the pool area
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
6  Thank sandra c
Reviewed September 20, 2012

after booking this holiday i read the reviews on trip advisor and was dreading my holiday what a surprise when we arrived at a spotless clean complex with friendly staff . pool area was clean plenty of sunbeds . bungalows basic cleaned 5/7 towels changed and linen changed .food was limited choice but there was always something to eat and plenty of it .very peaceful resort but for 4 euros u can get taxi to town centre .we were a party of 8 rangeing from 78yrs to 5 yrs and all had a great time .a visit to croccodile zoo is worth the 10 euro entry fee .definatley worth the money we paid and bonus no bugs seen .

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family