After visiting Dunas Maspalomas before we thought we really like to return with our 6 year old son. We arrived on July 14th returned on July 28th 2013. As before we were not disappointed with the clean spacious high quality bungalow. The pools are surrounding gardens are well maintained. The staff are A star. The only downside was the choice of food. The standard of the food was superb. We felt it was catered more for the French as unlike before when it was 50% English and 50% German this time round it was predominantly French. So for the two weeks our 6 year old dined on bread and chips. A huge lack of vegetables. Also he doesn't like Goat, Veal Rabbit etc etc. (neither do we). After speaking to a couple from France they told us it was the first time any French had been to the Canaries. On arrival at the airport they were all greated like they were royalty, which also continued at Dunas Maspalomas. The animation team were only speaking in French and the evening entertainment was aimed at the French too. The Spanish, Germans, English and Dutch felt pushed to the side not even given a second thought from management. Sadly we will not be returning to Dunas Maspalomas i really wouldn't recommend if you have young children purely down to options of food on the all inclusive is pretty poor.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This super holiday park comprises one, two and three bedroom villas with kitchens and spacious terraces. It is located in the middle of a subtropical garden of over 75,000 m2, making it a unique holiday park within the Canary Islands. Adjacent to the 4 star Dunas Suites & Villas Resort, it is just a few metres from the Maspalomas golf course and the Dunas de Maspalomas nature reserve, whose beach is approximately 1 km from the resort. This hotel is ideal for families, couples and golfers who wish to enjoy the natural environment by strolling around the grounds.The 3 star complex Dunas Maspalomas Resort was renovated en june 2013 with new textiles, new paintings in pale tones, most recent decoration, new kitchen with appliances, new flat screen TV, new electric installation, new accessories and taps in the bathrooms, with additional vanity mirror and hairdryer. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Priceline, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Hotel.de so you can book your Dunas Maspalomas Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dunas Maspalomas Hotel Maspalomas
- Dunas Hotel Maspalomas
- Dunas Maspalomas Resort Gran Canaria