My husband and I have recently returned from Dunas Maspalomas Bungalow Resort - Very disappointing. We arrived late on the first night and had to find our way in the dark to our bungalow. The 'bungalow' was basic and a little tatty, ie stained bath, flaking internal and external walls, poorly fitting curtains, no air con, although there were some with it, and a pet cockroach - the patio was in the shade with no view and I wish now that we had asked to have a room change. Food was average and repetitive. There is supposed to be a dress code for dinner but this is not adhered to. Staff had a poor grasp of English and were dismissive. General impression was that the resort catered primarily for Spanish and German, Brits were second class customers. The 'entertainment' was very poor and catered more for children. They advertise a disco bar but there is no disco and no dancing. Outside of the resort the area is run down and there is nowhere to go, so you end up getting taxi's into the more expensive beach area. On our last day we paid 30 euros to keep our bungalow for the day. We were informed by our holiday advisor at the arrival meeting that we would be allowed to keep our wrist bands/all inclusive status until we left at nine that evening. However we were required to hand in our wrist bands at 12 midday. However, there were other Brits at the resort who kept their bands and all inclusive status (some on the same flight as us).We spoke to our holiday advisor (situated in the opposite hotel) who had an argument with the manager of the resort over the phone. The manager actually accused the advisor of lying when he was informed of a meeting the previous week where this arrangement was apparently agreed. We did not have our all inclusive status reinstated although we spoke to others who had had their wrist bands returned after complaining to one of the receptionists (It appeared that it would depend which member of staff you spoke to). The manager was rude and arrogant and was selective about when he would be able to speak and understand English. On the up side, the pools were nice! - Never again!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This super holiday park comprises one, two and three bedroom villas with kitchens and spacious terraces. It is located in the middle of a subtropical garden of over 75,000 m2, making it a unique holiday park within the Canary Islands. Adjacent to the 4 star Dunas Suites & Villas Resort, it is just a few metres from the Maspalomas golf course and the Dunas de Maspalomas nature reserve, whose beach is approximately 1 km from the resort. This hotel is ideal for families, couples and golfers who wish to enjoy the natural environment by strolling around the grounds.The 3 star complex Dunas Maspalomas Resort was renovated en june 2013 with new textiles, new paintings in pale tones, most recent decoration, new kitchen with appliances, new flat screen TV, new electric installation, new accessories and taps in the bathrooms, with additional vanity mirror and hairdryer. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Dunas Maspalomas Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dunas Maspalomas Hotel Maspalomas
- Dunas Hotel Maspalomas
- Dunas Maspalomas Resort Gran Canaria