We have just returned from a week staying at the Koala Gardens and had a lovly time. Our apartment was perfectly fine, cleaned 5 out of 7 days, fresh towels 3 times. Plenty of hot water. All in couldnt really fault it for what we wanted. We needed additional pillows as you are only provided with one, we asked in the morning and it was there when we returned mid afternoon. Reception staff were friendly enough. We didnt eat at the hotel so can't comment about the food.
There are a few points to note but nothing that would put me off from going or returning.
The complex advertises a supermarket on site. This was closed when we were there but there is one at the Capri Gardens rouns the corner not too far away and resonably priced.
Refurbishment is required to parts, our shower head had seen better days but worked perfectly fine. There was evidance of refurbishment works being carried out but no doubt this will take time as its a big resort.
The resort is quite a distance from Playa da ingles about 20-30 min walk but good excercise and a taxi is only 3/4 euros. there is a free bus to Maspalomas beach but get in the queue early and abandon any British Queing habits you may have, when that bus arrives you get on it at all costs.
We travelled in November so I couldnt comment on what the place would be like in the middle of the busy season. There were a lot of German and Dutch guests at the hotel but I found the whole of Gran Caneria to be the same and It never really bothers me, if you want to holiday with the english stay in England.
All in all great value for money and worth a stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Apartamentos THe Koala Garden Suites is located 2 kilometers away from the sea and near the golf course in Maspalomas. In an ideal surrounding for your family vacation, Apartamentos THe Koala Garden Suites offers comfort and service. It features spacious and luminous apartments, which dispose of air conditioning and the equipment you need for your vacation. A shopping center and an amusement park are close to the complex; you will also find a wide offer in further entertainment and relaxing activities nearby. **Dear clients, we are renovating our facilities to make your stay more comfortable. The refurbishment works will be done by areas in the estimated period from 22/05/17 to 15/07/17. We apologize for the inconveniences.** ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Hotwire, Agoda and HotelQuickly so you can book your Koala Garden Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Koala Garden Hotel Maspalomas
- Koala Maspalomas
- Koala Apartments Hotel Maspalomas
- Koala Apartments Maspalomas
- Koala Garden Suites Maspalomas, Gran Canaria