My daughter (aged 11) and I aged 11 stayed here for one week mid April 2011. We both loved the apartment, very roomy for just the two of us with plently of storage and was very clean.
The complex is well kept with 5 pools and was very quiet and relaxing. In reception there are a handful of computers with internet connection at £1 euro for 30 mins, gaming machines and a playstation to use. There is also a pool table by the heated pool and a games room too.
All staff members were very helpful and spoke great english..especially the entertainment staff who were fab.
The complex was only half full when we visited and was extremley quiet but I liked that as the pools were not packed and noisy!!
The on site bar/restaurant was reasonably priced and even offered Happy hour every day at 4pm for drinks......we ate lunch there twice and was happy with the food and service.
The entertainment during the day really consisted of games for the kids, like Bingo and every evening theres a mini disco at 7.30pm for 30 minutes followed by a show/quiz for the whole family to enjoy....I must point out that the entertainment ended by 9pm and the bar closed at 11pm when we visited.
All in all, I enjoyed staying at Koala but did not like where is was based very much. It was too quiet with nothing close by except Holiday World, where there are 3 restaurants and one english pb, which was truely awful!!! Holiday world is great for kids, on the ground floor gaming machines and a bowling alley and at the rear a fairground with over 10 rides for the kids to enjoy. The cost was £5 euro for a 10 point voucher, each ride was between 3-6 points per ride. Mind you our entertainment rep gave us some free vouchers, so we had a few nights having fun there......
There is a free shuttle bus to Maspalomas Dunes which you should visit, lovely beach and nice restaurants/hotels and shops there.
A few evenings to make a change we headed into Playa del Ingles, which was a 5 minute taxi ride away at a cost of £5 euro. It has loads of nightlife and a vast choice of places to eat.
Overall.............We really loved the hotel but wish we could pick it up and move it really!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- At Apartmentos THe Koala Garden you will enjoy a familiar holiday of relax and leisure in Maspalomas, the destination of the warm sun and golden sand beaches. With the Maspalomas golf course surrounded by slender Canarian palm trees as a backdrop, the three-star resort offers comfort and service in a cozy and familiar atmosphere. At Apartamentos THe Koala Garden, our apartments are comfortable and spacious, and dispose of a terrace or balcony. Also, the resort has two pools for adults and two for children, billiard and table tennis. Undoubtedly, the strategic location of Apartmentos THe Koala Garden is a key element to complete your perfect holiday on the island. The complex is located next to shopping malls, an amusement park, the local market and recreational areas. In addition, southern Gran Canaria offers spectacular landscapes such as the stunning Maspalomas dunes or the kilometer-long Playa del Inglés. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, Orbitz, Travelocity, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Apartamentos THe Koala Garden reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Koala Garden Hotel Maspalomas
- Koala Maspalomas
- Koala Apartments Hotel Maspalomas
- Koala Apartments Maspalomas
- Apartamentos THe Koala Garden Maspalomas, Gran Canaria