1,367 results
All reviews ceiling fan animation team pool bar no air con block c family holiday self service free bus mini disco kids pool foam party chinese night salad hot dogs chicken nuggets on tap themed nights
Selected filters
Reviewed November 24, 2018 via mobile

Stayed here for a week for our anniversary was a lovely relaxing stay, the food was good always a choice for everyone. The pool bar serves food all day, drinks are lovely but strong

The animation team were amazing ! Cannot fault them at all - javi goes above and beyond to make you smile ! I don’t think we’d have enjoyed our stay as much without them.

Would deffo come back again.

Only fault is booked a twin room but got double - although it was ok

Date of stay: November 2018
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 24, 2018 via mobile

We had a great week here at the Mirador Maspalomas by Dunas. We stayed in C block facing kids pool - room was spacious and clean and beds comfortable however no sun on our balcony but this has its benefits ie room didn’t get too hot. The entertainment team need more credit, they try their best to get everyone involved in any activities and are very funny too. They go out of their way to help if you ask them. Big thanks to Javi, John, Fanny, Victor, Dana & Valeria. They work with the tools they have to try and make your holiday as entertaining as possible. Theres not an awful lot around the hotel but there is a small mall 5mins walk, holiday world 15mins walk and we also walked into Maspalomas itself which is 3km and took around 45mins and was easy. The food wasn’t brilliant but you won’t starve - not a lot of choice for the kids and only 1-2 options for evening meal. Having said that it was perfectly suitable for our weeks stay. We’re sad to leave and would definitely come back.

Trip type: Traveled on business
1  Thank Freedom29903736177
Reviewed November 21, 2018 via mobile

I went for my birthday it was a beautiful and very clean hotel couldn't fault it in that way at all,staff were very friendly and maid service was excellent, But there was nothing to do no entertainment, so quite bored you need extra money to go out for nightlife its very bland, i expected more for an all inclusive,got there and I thought how beautiful checked in not a problem,got to the room very roomy as I went with my daughters so we had a family room. It had a balcony which was lovely to sit out,the scenery from our room 407 was facing the the back over childrens pool and fairly quiet and the mountains as well as waste land as nothing was built on it,roads wasnt too loud either.
There wasnt much to the food unless you like chips,fish,salad,seafood (which ime allergic) and the odd one what looked like stew, prawn rice bread and butter standard for a help yourselves,there was a few deserts and icecream.not much too choose from tho,breakfast bacon etc more better i think.an then just make cheesburger patty outside.
Pool bar was limited alcoholic drinks,and had a small section serving food next too pool bar which was serving hot dogs,patty burgers,and small salad part,bread was covered up because of the flies
but I have to mention there was loads of flys they were everywere I dont know where they were coming from,they were constant landing on you and especially when trying to drink and eat outside by the pool bar and food part at the tables also on sunbeds so I suggest take fly spay.you have to take your own towel each or 10euros for a week to rent nobody told us so we bought one each from the yumbo market place its called which is an amazing place to shop theres loads of shops food,tobacco etc only 5euros in taxi from hotel, taxis very cheap. overall wasnt a bad stay but just be prepared to look around towards the back of hotel as leaving coming home on bus we noticed a few shops and a spar wish would have known sooner as ther is a small mini market near reception

Trip type: Traveled with family
Dunashotels, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Mirador Maspalomas by Dunas, responded to this reviewResponded November 23, 2018

Dear guest, Thank you for your visit to our hotel Mirador by Dunas***.

We are happy that you enjoyed our facilities and services. We have an animation team that produces night time shows, and organize different activities throughout the day such as archery, or workshops.

When you have an allergy we would suggest you go speak with the head waiter, so that they can explain what you can and cannot eat. Our pool bar serves beer and wines and different local spirits. We regret that you did not fully enjoy this service.

We also rent out bath towels, which costs €1 a day with a deposit of €10.
Nevertheless, we hope that you have had a pleasant stay with us and will come and visit us again in the future.
Kindest regards, Laurel Muijen Guest relations.

Reviewed November 21, 2018

Hotel is ok I recommend. Food was good and many kind of food to everybody suitable. Clean room and service ok. In reception nice and beautifull women and one man. Hotel site is abit far a way from play places, but ok taxi in near.

• Trip type: Traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Dunashotels, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Mirador Maspalomas by Dunas, responded to this reviewResponded November 21, 2018

Dear guest,

Thank you for your kind words concerning our hotel Mirador by Dunas***, We are happy that you enjoyed our facilities and services.

We hope that you will come and visit us again in the future.

Kindest regards;
Laurel Muijen
Guest relations.

Reviewed November 20, 2018 via mobile

Just left this hotel and I’m glad I did. As a frequent traveller to Gran Canaria I must say this was one of the worst all-inclusive holidays ever. I don’t want to sound rude or nothing, but will try to give you a clue, just as I’ve seen it. Where do I start?

1. Check in.
Whole process looked rather funny. There was 3 people dealing with me. One gave me a form to fill up. Second put a wristband on my hand asking twice if the form has been completed and third finally explained about hotel. Took good 15 mins to check in. I had a feeling they didn’t know what they were doing.

2. Food.
Selection of food hardly exist at all. Breakfast is just the same every morning. Lunch and dinner - there’s no much changes. Food is served almost cold (even meat).

3. Drinks.
Makes you feel strange when you have a selection of different drinks and all is served in cardboard- made 7up cups. Wanna try a mojito from 7up cup? The place is made from you. I can’t complain about selection though.

4. Restaurant and pool bar.
Times given for lunch etc... staff start to clean up and put food away about 15-20 mins before the end of time given for a meal. If you are late... you may go out hungry. On the other hand twice we found out there was no enough sitting places and we had to wait for a table. If you like a fizzy drink to your breakfast... forget about it. You won’t get it. Same if you like a coffee to your dinner or lunch... biiip! No chance. Machines are off.

5. Evening shows.
An absolute joke! They hold something called mini disco - means one and the same CD every night played all over and over again. I’m sick of it after 2 weeks here. Entertainment for adults? Yeah there is some rather boring unless you like to hear drunkies singing karaoke. Oh! If you want to sit on balcony and play cards or something with friends... be aware that hotel will automatically switch your light off about 10.30-11pm. Like a long sleep in the morning? Forget about it. About 10-10.30 am hotel will play a really loud CD making sure you are awake!

6. Pool.
I wake up early every day. About 6-7am all you can see is no people at the pool but almost all sun beds reserved with towels on them. Hotel does absolutely nothing about it. So unless you won’t “fight” over the sunbed before sunrise you may not get one.

7. Cleaning services.
No issues with this apart of... you won’t get it every day as hotel says. Happed once that we left hotel early leaving “ready to clean” sign on the door. Came back in the evening and the room wasn’t even touched. Not such a fun when you left your wet towels on the floor (as hotel wishes) to be exchanged.

I could have this list going on and on (70 euros for an iron, 2.5 euros for washing a pair of socks, etc) but I will just limit myself to most import things.
I wouldn’t recommend this hotel to anyone. Well, maybe if you have a bunch of kids and desperately want to get rid of them every evening for an hour or so while they have their mini disco show.

Probably, as usual, hotel will respond to this opinion the way “you could speak to our friendly staff...,etc... about your concerns, blah blah blah...” well... the good holiday is when I don’t have to speak to any “friendly staff” about the issues, because... I simply don’t have any!

Date of stay: November 2018
Dunashotels, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Mirador Maspalomas by Dunas, responded to this reviewResponded November 24, 2018

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review concerning our hotel Mirador by Dunas***. We regret that you could not 100% enjoy our services. Sometimes, when there are a lot of arrivals the check-in is handles by three staff members, we are sorry that you experienced this as unprofessional.

Furthermore, we do not serve drinks in glass around the pool bar because this can create hazardous situations in and around the pool bar.

Our animation team works day and night to create new and innovative shows in order to keep the guests entertained, we regret that you did not enjoy their shows and their hard work.

Moreover, we give the guests a possibility to rent an iron or other appliances through an external company. For renting an iron this would costs €17 per week with a deposit of €10 euros.

We would understand if you would not choose this hotel again in the future, but maybe one of our other hotels might spike your interest, and hope to welcome you in one of those in the future.

Kindest regards,
Laurel Muijen Guest relations.