1,313 results
All reviews ceiling fan animation team pool bar no air con block c family holiday outdoor stage free bus self service foam party mini disco salad chinese night kids pool hot dogs chicken nuggets lovely hotel
Selected filters
Reviewed November 12, 2018 via mobile

This hotel is ok but as 3 of us who went all had bad stomachs this hotel let us down and after speaking to other guests we were not the only ones.The food is not great very limited choice (and I not fussy).
The bar staff at pool bar very miserable and alcohol is extremely poor would not return to this hotel.

Trip type: Traveled with friends
Dunashotels, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Mirador Maspalomas by Dunas, responded to this reviewResponded November 16, 2018

Dear Guest, thank you for your visit in our house. We are glad that the hotel fulfill your expectation, also we regret your discomfortness during the stay, we would have been glad to be aware during your stay to be of any help. Our staff at Customer Care as well as Reception and rest of departments are always doing their best to make the stay of our guests as comfortable as possible. Best regards, Angela Magni Reception Manager

Reviewed November 11, 2018

As title. Loverly food, friendley staff. Could do with a gym and better evening entertainment. Clean and very local to shops and chemists. Taxi service brilliant, you can get one within 2 mins of booking

Date of stay: October 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Dunashotels, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Mirador Maspalomas by Dunas, responded to this reviewResponded November 13, 2018

Dear guest,

Thank you for your warm words about our hotel Mirador by Dunas***. We are delighted to read that you had a relaxing stay.

Our hotel does not have a gym, however the animation team do try to organize differents sports during the day.

Concerning the evening entertainment, they are constantly working on creating new and innovative shows.

Nevertheless, we hope that you look back on your stay with great memories and that we can welcome you back again in the future.

guest relations.

Reviewed November 11, 2018 via mobile

Hunter Jones

Sponsored

Invest in UK Property Without Buying a HouseHigh Yield Property Bonds. Invest From £5k to £100k+. 10% to 18% Fixed Returns. No Hidden Charges or Fees. Request Your Investment Pack Today.

(No subject)

me

Tobrian green

11 Nov at 18:10

There is an important comment at the end so if you get bored can you just please the last bit :) OK, here goes. I went 1st November 2018 till 8th November 2018 and I booked through Thomas Cook. Everything went smoothly. Got to Gran Canaria airport and found the holiday rep pretty quick and was on coach and at the hotel after 3 stops.. highly impressed as thats the moment from stepping off the plane collecting luggage going through immigration to finding rep then getting on coach till we arrived at hotel was 90minutes total.. really happy. Gets to hotel, check in took about 5 minutes but our rooms werent ready so we had a meal and then rooms were ready. Everywhere was clean and well maintained. We were in room C211 so we was at back of hotel facing the Childrens pool which was best for us. Ideally we would have liked view of the pool but didnt really want the noise from the pool so where we were was perfect. No noise from traffic as we were by a main road (about 100 metres) and kids pool empty from 5pm till 10am so there was no noise or disturbance. Rooms were clean and well maintained but all TV channels were in Spanish but we didnt watch TV that much but it was nice for a bit of back ground noise.I got involved with the animation team doing the pistol shooting, archery, etc and they were fantastic, John, Xavier, Dana and loads others. They were friendly and approachable and actually looked like they were having a good time. The evening shows werent all that good but people round the stage were louder than the entertainment but they did ok. If I missed a show I wouldnt have fell to my knees and looked up with my hands in the air screaming "why meeee" but during the day they were brilliant, patient, friendly and enjoyed interaction. The drinks werent all the good. The beer was ok, the soft drinks were weak and the fruit juices was cordial juice or tasted like cordial juice. My only gripe was the drinks were in plastic cups/paper cups which  when empty was blown around. Although there were cleaners cleaning a lot it still got a bit messy but wasnt that bad. also not many ash trays so people using plastic cups as ashtrays and I hated that but thats my personal view. The beer wasnt too strong but you could get drunk from it, the vodka was not nice and I felt it was rotting my stomach like a bleach so I just went and bought my own... £15 a bottle of Smirnoff and I drank that most nights (your not allowed to consume you own alcohol at the bar but I didnt see the alcohol police and if anything I was saving the hotel money. I did drink moderately and wasnt falling about the place drunk.. did get slightly sozzled but not stupidly)... did have Sangria from the bar... 4 of those and I had to lay off.. I started drinking the Sangria at 11.30am ... was wasted by 1.30pm... that was strong stuff. The food was ok but I ate cautiously, they had themed nights with recycled food... ie Monday was Italian with spaghetti  bolognese and Tuesday was Chinese with noodles that was yesterdays Spaghetti but it still was ok but I ate with my eyes, if I didnt like the look of food I didnt eat it so I was picky but thats my personal choice but the food was hot and nice, not brilliant but like I said thats my personal choice/decisions. There was choice for kids like burgers and nuggets and hot dogs and of course chips so there was stuff for the kids to eat. The snack bar was nice with burgers/hot dogs and chips and if you ask they will make you a cheese/ham toastie or in the restuarant during day they serve steak and better food but it was alllll the wayyyyyyyy over there.. lol. Also want to point out I was not ill whilst I was away.  Things I would change... hmmm... more ashtrays, less plastic cups that blow away (I completely understand about not having glass ones and support the hotel on no glass round the pool but maybe drinks holders to stop them blowing about. The hotel was busy as it was gay pride but everything ran smoothly as there was no queue's at the bar (did venture into the night club... all 3 people sat in club lol... whilst I remember after 11pm they charge for drinks but you get 30% off but at 10.45pm i just got 10 beers.. beers, Sangria all on tap where you help yourself but cocktails and spirits served by bar staff). Most important questions and answers.... Did I enjoy my stay, the Answer is yes I did and loved it there, absolutely enjoyed everything about it. Would I got back to that hotel ... Once again Yes I would I loved it and I actually didnt want to come home and cant recommend the place enough and wanted to thank all the staff, animation team and cleaners for doing a fantastic job. Everyone was helpful and I little bit of tipping goes a long way. didnt tip loads but left a few Euros for everyone. NOW THE BAD BIT... This was not Thomas Cooks fault or the hotels fault so please dont think or assume it was anything to do with them. On leaving I packed my case, checked in and waved goodbye to my baggage. When I arrived at Manchester airport I was horrified as my bag was on the Carousel damaged but its ok.. it was only damaged.. the zip was open but thought oh well.. its just a zip. I raised an issue with customer services who told me to contact my Holiday company. Anyway I get home at about 9pm and after re-checking my bag I found that my bag was not damaged it had been broken into. The lock was ripped off and my bag had been rummaged and I had several items stolen which just really fu**ing Pi**ed me right off. I complained to Manchester airport who replied with many words saying "not our problem" If somebody was able to take my bag, take it aside, rip it open and steal stuff my biggest horror was ..what if instead they stole stuff they put things inside my bag. If I remember correct were are at risk from terrorist activities so I could have had an explosive device/toxic substances or even illigal items such as drugs in my bag and I would never have know. I beleive my bag was intercepted in Gran Canaria and if Manchester Airport arent  interested this sort of crime then Manchester airport is not a secure airport. Maybe I should ask the staff at baggage "have you moved this baggage yourself, have you place any illigal items in this bag and did you rummage through it yourself". As you can imagine I was upset and even more angry that Manchester airport refuses to do anything about this. Once again this is not the hotels fault or Thomas cook's fault, I just had a fantastic holiday and on the final hurdle to find my bag ripped open then to find if been raided.. not a good feeling.

Anyway if you decide to go to this hotel, please do and you will have a great time. Show staff respect and you get that back. Manners are free and staff are still human. Till then have a safe holiday and im jealous if your going there in next few weeks. Hope this has been helpful and you have the same experience as me (with out the baggage theft).

7  Thank churchills2

Dear guest,

Thank you so much for your detailled description of your stay in our hotel Mirador by Dunas. We are happy to read that you had such a good time in our hotel.

We always work the make the guests feel at home as much as possible!

We hope that we get the chance to welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed November 11, 2018 via mobile

A good 3 star hotel, I’ve had worse food at 4 star, staff are always cleaning and the only instances of poor hygiene were that of some of the guests at the restaurant, the hotel could promote more hygienic behaviour among guests, e.g do not throw the ice tongs back in the ice, (it’s meant to clip on the edge because your hands have germs)use the cloth to handle bread and cover your mouth when coughing. My main gripe is the lack of proper bar for couples or older guests without children, the only bar available was the pool bar outside which served drinks in 7 up paper cups, you need a bar where some of the older people or couples can relax and have a drink in a proper glass, rooms are being refurbished but no air con and the fan can keep you awake, all in all though a good standard 3 star hotel.

Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about our house hotel Mirador by Dunas***. We are happy to read that you enjoyed our services.
Unfortunetly we cannot control the behaviour of guest, however we will always try to keep everything as clean as possible.

We do not serve glass in and around the poolbar, due to the people that are waling bare foot around the pool. Broken glass can be very dangerous.

We are always trying to improve our services and your suggestions are very valuable to us.

We hope that you had a good stay, and will come to stay with us again in the future.

Reviewed November 6, 2018 via mobile

Arrived at about 10pm on October 23rd, dinner was finished but they put on a cold buffet. We stayed in room C216, It was clean and reasonably spacious.
The all inclusive food was good with a varied selection. There was several theamed nights. The food at the pool bar is not the type of food I eat burgers, hotdogs etc. The chill cabin at the pool bar in my opinion is too large people have to lean right onto it to get some items, dripping water and sweat in the process.
The general pool area was clean but bins need to be emptied more often.
Entertainment on all day and most evenings, they did well! All staff I came across friendly and helpful. Hotel us about 1 1/2 miles from beach, but free bus provided. All in it was a good week and I would return.

Date of stay: October 2018
2  Thank alanbH6256JS

Dear Alan,

Thank you for your words concerning our hotel Mirador by Dunas***. It is good to read that you have had a good week and that you would return to our hotel.

We will pass your compliments to our staff and animation team. This is of great motivation for them.
We hope that you look back on your stay with great memories and hope to welcome you back soon.