1,290 results
All reviews animation team ceiling fan pool bar no air con block c outdoor stage family holiday free bus foam party mini disco self service salad chinese night kids pool hot dogs chicken nuggets on tap
Selected filters
Reviewed April 1, 2018

Clean hotel with friendly staff and good food. Our family room was spacious, though sparsely furnished, with a lovely sea view from a small balcony. There is a ceiling fan in the bedroom. A Safety deposit box in the room is available for hire. Whilst our beds were made and the bathroom cleaned, I don't think there was much other cleaning done in our room.Tea/coffee machines in the dining room are only operational at breakfast time otherwise machines are available in the bar during bar opening times.Pool/beach towels are available for hire at 1 euro per day with a 10 euro refundable deposit. (A shop around the corner sells beach towels for 4.99 euros) Free WIFI available throughout the hotel. Unfortunately the entertainment was very poor. Free bus to beach. (Meloneres is worth a visit... just turn right at the beach.)

Room tip: Block B. 4th floor. Good choice. Avoid rooms which face the main carriageway!!
Date of stay: February 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
3  Thank Jaon252
Dunashotels, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Mirador Maspalomas by Dunas, responded to this reviewResponded April 2, 2018

Dear Jaon252,
thank you very much for visiting us and for your comment. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your holidays with us and that you liked our staff and the food. However we also took notice of your criticism concerning the entertainment team to improve in the future. Again thank you a lot for your valuable opinion.
We hope you had a safe flight back and we would be happy welcoming you once again among us.
Lena Overbeck - Guest Relations

Reviewed March 31, 2018 via mobile

I booked the hotel having read reviews that were mixed, but for the price decided to chance it.
The hotel itself is clean and well staffed. Our standard room was kept clean and was modern enough. I did ask to be moved on arrival away from the disco/bar /entertainment area (we were right on top of it) and this was readily and politely done without issue.
The buffet was always kept stocked up, and in terms of catering for a vast number of people from various nationalities, and children too I think they provide good food. No complaints on that front. The hotel was very busy during our stay, but we always got a dining table and other than small queues, which is to be expected I think in a buffet, the overall dining experience was good. The drinks and bar area were easily accessible and never had delays getting drinks.
The pool is nice and clean. Heated at one end thankfully! The area around the pools is spacious but the sunbed are pushed tightly together and getting one is nothing short of a challenge!! It does tarnish the pool experience, and many of the beds "saved" are not even sat on til 3 or 4 pm because people have gone out.
The bus down to the beach works well and with a walk or taxi trip it's easy enough to get to the shops.
I wouldn't come again as the hotel is too big and crowded for my personal taste, and the sunbed issue was a nuisance, however the overall hotel experience was good.

Trip type: Traveled with family
2  Thank Aunty2008
Dunashotels, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Mirador Maspalomas by Dunas, responded to this reviewResponded April 3, 2018

Dear Aunty2008,
thank you so much for choosing our Dunas Mirador and for sharing your valuable opinion with us. We are glad to hear that you were satisfied with our cleanliness and the food. Especially we are happy to hear that you liked the work of our staff.
However we also took notice of your criticism concerning the reservation of sunbeds and we will do our best to improve in the future.
So thank you again for your comment which helps us to improve.
We hope you had a safe flight back home!

Reviewed March 31, 2018 via mobile

Jus returned from a weeks holiday with my wife at the dunas mirador gran canaria , the hotel was clean an tidy our room was ok the food wasnt bad selection for english people staying could be better . Unfortunately i was disappointed with the all inclusive as there was no facilities to make a drink in your room an we also told that you have to pay to hire a towel for the sunbeds an u have to buy bottles of water aswell ,as we were all inclusive this should off been included ,with this i was disappointed with the holiday . Cant complain about the weather though it was perfect if u want winter sun.

Date of stay: March 2018
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank tickler196622
Dunashotels, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Mirador Maspalomas by Dunas, responded to this reviewResponded April 1, 2018

Dear Tickler196622,
Thank you very much for taking your time to share your valuable opinion with us. We are glad to hear that you liked the cleanliness and the food of our hotel Dunas Mirador. However we are sorry for your disappointment concerning the All inclusive and the possibility to hire a towel. We have taken note of your criticism to improve our services.
We hope to see you again soon in our Dunas Mirador
Best wishes

Reviewed March 30, 2018 via mobile

My sister who was the lead chose this lovely hotel for a 4night All Inclusive Spring Beak stay 20-24th March.
I travel abroad 3-4 times annually for shorter or longer breaks, either with friends, my partner and our friends or with family including teams.

I’ve travelled to a variety of places from 1* to 5* and everything in between and I know that any holiday really is what you make it! This was a quickie, low cost break and I must say I had low expectations and feelings of trepidation given the rather harsh reviews on Trip Advisor. I needn’t have worried for a moment!!
It’s a lovely hotel and whilst yes it’s on top of a hill, there are bars, restaurants and supermarkets directly surrounding/adjoining the hotel that are accessible on foot with no hills.

Its actually a great location as you can get around from this hotel to Meloneras and Playa Del Ingles for 3 or 4 euros each way in a cab. Or even by bus if you want to explore.

The hotel
It’s modern, clean and absolutely spotless. Check in and in fact every interaction with the front desk, restaurant and housekeeping and domestic staff was a pleasure; they work tirelessly to keep the grounds, public areas and rooms in good and clean condition.

The Pools
Main pool is a good sized pool but the main part is not heated. That said there were lots of peoples swimming in it with no complaints or looks of abject shock on entry.
There is a smaller adjoining pool which along with the jacuzzi is heated.
There is a third smaller splash pool behind block c with yet more beds. Though I didn’t experience it.
The poolside area and bar is clean and in good condition.

Sunbeds
There are plenty of sunbeds and parasols. There is also an extensive seating area with parasols between the pool bar and the sunbed terraces/pool.
I’m an early bird and I’ll be honest I had a pool view and although I was awake from 5-6am I didn’t see a single towel being down before 7:00 am and these were all fellow Brits not continental guests.
The reason the beds fill up quickly from 7am is for three reasons.
1. The sun terraces below block b get the best sunshine followed by those below block C and seats at pool bar. There is a rush for these areas initially but plenty of spaces at 8/9am if you don’t mind sitting in beds without parasols or in the middle of a row.
2. The beds are EXTREMELY close together and the legs literally touch. This makes the beds difficult to get on/off so the only way to combat this to secure a bed(s) on the ends of each row
We were in Block D Room 314 and our travel companions next door in D 315 as requested.
3. It is light warm and sunny from 7-8am until 7-8pm unlike Tenerife/Lanzarote which are hazy and dark in the mornings and overcast by 5pm

Air conditioning
There are no rooms with AC but they do have efficient ceiling Fans. Despite my joyful menopausal flushes the fan kept the room sufficiently cool. Not sure it would be as effective mid-summer but certainly pleasant in March!

Rooms
Again these are spotless, spacious, modern and both well maintained and presented very well.
- New, plush quality Egyptian cotton Bath Towels. And Beach towels are available for a deposit. These are soft and velvety and again great quality.
No kettle or in fact any kitchen facilities- but there is a mini fridge, a bathroom hairdryer, a tv and plenty of electrical Sockets.
The Wardrobe space is adequate for 2 with rack and shelves and plenty of pillows and blankets if needed. No drawers in bedroom but ample shelf space.

Anyone who is a food snob and looking for a gastronomic extravaganza really needs to avoid all inclusive; no not just here but generally. That said the food is warm, good quality has a great selection and whilst it’s nothing to write home about you really can’t complain either. I’ve paid more and had better and WORSE; , I’ve spent less and had again a lot worse. I travelled with two very picky eaters. Both enjoyed as much as my sister and I albeit we did eat out one evening and had lunch out on another occasion to suit our plans.
Breakfast is great, hot and continental options available and widest range of breakfast fruit and cereals than I recall seeing in recent years. Occasionally there are British pork sausages for breakfast but not every day. The fresh made pancakes are delicious.
Lunch/Dinner
Beautiful fresh Salads, show chefs with selection of meat and fish. Pasta options etc. Remember they’re catering for all nationalities so certain dishes might not be your first choice but def worth a go.
Breads
Fantastic selection of breads and artisan style rolls and loaves - the brown bread tastes very much like Irish wheaten bread and fabulously fresh!
Desserts
As with most AI tends to be ice cream, jelly, blanc mange, and at lunch and dinner meals a light sponge/mousse cake or mousse and fruit.

Pool Snack Bar
My least favourite aspect of this otherwise fantastic hotel. Manned by a chef but cooked in batches and selected as self service. Hamburgers, hot dogs, chips, occasionally pizza and a cold counter with cheese and salad. Won’t dwell other than to say the chips and pizza are ok.
The hot dogs and hamburgers are rank - cold and pink but they look more pink and underdone/unappetising than they are and the bread appalling. Dry, hard, long life stuff.
In my opinion they’d save money, reduce waste and costs plus provide a better experience if they created a wider menu including pasta and toasted/baguettes and took and cooked orders on demand.
Drinks
Self service lager, wines, and branded soft drinks including 7up and Pepsi/Pepsi Light plus Fanta in Restaurant and also in Pool Bar. Selection of plastic or paper cups and ice readily available.
Selection of pre mixed machine poured cocktails with local spirit of your choice.
Local versions of standard spirits and schnapps etc served at pool bar day/night. There is no equivalent Baileys which is a shame as the mirrors version is really quite pleasant. All and any branded drinks are charged for. Bar staff are really friendly and efficient.
Overall a great break - the weather was 27-31 with barely a cloud or breeze so don’t believe your weather app as they appear to record at the Airport which is cooler and cloudier in climate than Maspalomas.
I def recommend, Meloneras for its flat seaside location exquisite architecture, beautiful artisan market, upmarket bars and restaurants and shops that include Armani and Dior.
The Bluebird Ferry is a fabulous 70minute boat trio (each way) and goes from Arguinegan Port round to Puerto De Mogan. Mogan is referred to as little Venice due to its shops, marinas, houses, restaurants and bars in a myriad of gorgeous quaint streets adjoined by lanes and bridges over the water and between the main Quays. We went on a Friday due to the market however I’d go on any other day next time as it was so busy.

Customer Service
First time for us at this hotel or in fact any Dunas hotel. On my birthday the management left me a card, a bottle of lovely Sparkling wine in an ice bucket and a voucher to be presented at Dinner. A beautiful cake, just big enough for four of us was brought to our table and was as delicious as it was pretty.

Hotel staff are all so friendly and helpful however I will mention both Dani and Maribel who were so kind and engaging. Animation team are good sports. Enthusiastic but thankfully not as in your face as some hotels.

Avoid the Chinese directly adjacent to hotel entrance. The food is VERY greasy, not especially tasty and the staff laughably rude. Must stress this isn’t part of the hotel service or in any way a reflex of the hotel.

Playa Del Ingles. Yum o Centre. Avoid, avoid, avoid. It looks like Beirut c 1980, it feels like Beirut and the tours are aggressive and relentless!!! Never again!!!

Hope this review is helpful. To summarise we are definitely going back, to this hotel, it’s great - just keep me away!

Trip type: Traveled with friends
12  Thank 665lizh
Dunashotels, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Mirador Maspalomas by Dunas, responded to this reviewResponded April 4, 2018

Dear Liz H,
thank you so much for taking your time to write this valuable and detailed comment and for sharing your opinion with us. We really appreciate the time you invested in writing this much detailed comment! We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel and on the island to the fullest and we are happy to hear that you were satisfied in general.
It is nice to hear that you enjoyed our food,especially the selection of breads, the cleanliness and our rooms. We are really happy to hear that you appreciate the work of our whole staff, which supports our engagement to offer our guests a memorable and restful stay.
However we also took notice of your criticism and we will do our best to improve them in the future.
So again, thank you a lot for your positive comment for your kind words.
We hope you had a safe flight back home and we are already looking forward welcoming you again in our Dunas Mirador!

Reviewed March 30, 2018

Having already booked this hotel I read more reviews, (I admit maybe the wrong way round).
Some of the previous reviews were not too favourable.
On arrival at the hotel the reception staff were very friendly, efficient and professional. They also gave us, without having to ask, the wi-fi code. On getting to our room, we found it be very clean and fresh and of a good size.
The whole hotel complex was clean, with an army of staff constantly cleaning, One thing that I did not expect was the brilliant accessibility. The whole site was reachable via ramps, including the swimming pool!
As for the food and drink. The main buffet restaurant served Breakfast, Lunch and dinner. At no time during our stay was there any cause to complain or criticise as the food offered was hot, fresh and delicious. Food was also available at the poolside snack bar during the day. The animation team were brilliant and worked hard to involve everyone.
All in all it was a great getaway and I would recommend this hotel to anybody.

Room tip: block B upper floor was perfect
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Dunashotels, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Mirador Maspalomas by Dunas, responded to this reviewResponded March 31, 2018

Dear Frank H,

Thank you very much for choosing our hotel Dunas Mirador Maspalomas for your holiday in Spain and for taking your time to share your valuable opinion with us. We are very glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay to the fullest and that we could meet your expectations.
We are especially happy to hear that you liked the hard work of our whole staff.

We hope you had a safe flight back and would be glad welcoming you again soon.