1,292 results
All reviews animation team ceiling fan pool bar no air con block c outdoor stage family holiday free bus foam party mini disco self service salad chinese night kids pool hot dogs chicken nuggets on tap
Selected filters
Reviewed March 11, 2018 via mobile

My partner and I stayed here in January this year. I wasn't sure what to expect looking through mixed reviews. The hotel was lovely and clean. Food was OK. Beer tasted foul. Entertainment was rubbish... The worst I've ever seen. As it was January, only half of the pool side beds were being used and the animation team while walking on the shaded side looked like they couldn't be chewed. Also one of the team had only just Started and was painful to watch him trying to dance. I'm not normally one for complaining but the main entertainment was bad...a reptile show with a tortoise and two snakes which lasted about 15mins after which every one seemed to go to bed... Nothing worth staying up for. Loved Gran Canaria and would stay somewhere else if I went back.

Date of stay: January 2018
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank lynna103
Dunashotels, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Mirador Maspalomas by Dunas, responded to this reviewResponded March 12, 2018

Dear Lynn A,

Thank you very much for choosing our hotel Dunas Mirador Maspalomas*** for your holiday in Spain and for taking your time to share your valuable opinion with us.
We are sorry for your disappointment. We have taken note of your criticism especially concerning the animation team, to improve our services in the future.
Thank you for your positive comments about the cleanliness and the food.

We hope you will be able to visit us in the future again, and to get a better opinion of our hotel.
Best regards,

Lena Overbeck - Guest Relations

Reviewed March 5, 2018

A very nice place to go for an all inclusive holiday. Staff very friendly and extremely helpful. Nothing is too much trouble for them. There is entertainment if you like it. There is a courtesy bus to the beach several times a day. It does get busy round the pool. Good food and very clean.

Room tip: We like a high floor. There are lifts.
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
2  Thank Jean S
Dunashotels, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Mirador Maspalomas by Dunas, responded to this reviewResponded March 7, 2018

Dear Jean S,

thank you so much for your visit and for sharing your own experience in our hotel Dunas Mirador. We are glad to hear that you spent a great stay and also that you appreciated the hotel and the services offered. We are taking note of your criticism to improve in the future.

We hope you had a safe flight back and would be glad to welcoming once again among us.

Reviewed March 5, 2018

I am just back from an all inclusive trip at this resort. We had a nice time but my main concern was for my little girl's safety. The room I was initially put in was on the 3rd floor in C block. I checked the balcony and it was definitely easily climbable for her and as well as that, the handle on the sliding door only locks by having it in the up position and is very reachable for a toddler too. I asked to be moved to a ground floor room but none were available so I was moved to A block, 4th floor as I was assured the balcony is so high it's fine. Yes, it was high but we went out onto it and the first thing she did was run to the edge and stick her whole leg through and was about to squeeze her body through (which would've also been possible) so we immediately went back inside and I had to make sure she didn't see me use the handle or she would've been obsessed with it. Thankfully, instead, she became obsessed with turning the ceiling fan on/off. Due to being on the 4th floor, we also weren't able to connect to the wifi unfortunately.

If you're in A block, there are only stairs down to the pools/reception unless you go around the back then come to the front of the hotel.

The heated pool was good but the toddler's pool around the back of C block was freezing. I guess it's fine when it's the middle of summer.

The food was good and there seemed to be plenty of highchairs if needed. The staff were really friendly and nice. There are kid's activities such as colouring in, etc so that was good. There is also a kid's disco except it starts at 8.30pm which I feel is a bit late, 7 or 7.30pm would've been better for me.

I didn't go to the beach but if you do, be careful on the path there as it's notoriously slippery when wet. One woman I met fell over as she was trying to pass some very large slow people and landed on her face and required stitches and lost a tooth!

We went to the market on the Saturday. That was good - usual stuff such as bags, wallets, shoes, clothes. I find bartering annoying but that's what you have to do.

• Trip type: Traveled with family
3  Thank KiwiKimmy

Dear KiwiKimmy,

thank you very much for your visit in our hotel Dunas Mirador and for your comment. We are glad to hear that you had a nice time in our hotel and that you enjoyed the food and the services we offer. However we are sorry that we didn't meet your expectations completely. We took notice of your criticism especially concerning the safety of the balcony and the services we offer for the kids. We will do our best to improve in the future.

We hope you had a safe flight back and we would be glad welcoming you once again among us.

Reviewed March 4, 2018 via mobile

A modern, well furnished hotel where the food is excellent and the staff keen to make your stay the best. The animation team in particular were brilliant especially with the children although the team dance twice daily had lots of us trying to join in! In fact the hotel is ideal for families and all the staff were lovely with the kids. The rooms would benefit from a set of drawers and a few hooks on walls or doors. If you like a cuppa in the morning take a travel kettle as hiring one in the hotel will set you back around €15 a week. The sun beds are a challenge as there are no gaps left between them so getting on to one means a lot of manoeuvring to create legroom. It is a loooong way to Maspalomas and the beach but the hotel provides a free bus and a taxi costs €5. The varied food offered daily means that there must be something for everyone. Lots of fresh salads and fruits at every meal and the fish from the griddle was always delicious. What’s not to enjoy?

Date of stay: March 2018
Trip type: Traveled with friends
2  Thank CathHalifax

Dear CathHalifax,

Thank you very much for your visit in our hotel and your positive comment. We are very glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay here and that you were satisfied with the kids animation and the food. However we also took notice of your criticism to improve in the future.

We hope you had a safe flight back home and we would be glad to welcoming you again among us.

Reviewed March 3, 2018

The bar in the TV lounge should definitely be OPENED. There is only an outside bar or downstairs to the disco where its noisy and dark and only half the seats can see the entertainment stage.. Race for sun beds every morning!

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank hughes152
Dunashotels, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Mirador Maspalomas by Dunas, responded to this reviewResponded March 3, 2018

Dear hughes152,

Thank you for your visit in our hotel Dunas Mirador and for your positive evaluation. We hope you spent a great holiday in the hotel and in the island. We took notes of your criticism and we will do the best to improve in the future.
We hope you had a safe flight back and we would be glad to welcoming once again among us.

Best regards.