1,313 results
All reviews ceiling fan animation team pool bar no air con block c family holiday outdoor stage free bus self service foam party mini disco salad chinese night kids pool hot dogs chicken nuggets lovely hotel
Selected filters
Reviewed March 3, 2018

The bar in the TV lounge should definitely be OPENED. There is only an outside bar or downstairs to the disco where its noisy and dark and only half the seats can see the entertainment stage.. Race for sun beds every morning!

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank hughes152
Dunashotels, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Mirador Maspalomas by Dunas, responded to this reviewResponded March 3, 2018

Dear hughes152,

Thank you for your visit in our hotel Dunas Mirador and for your positive evaluation. We hope you spent a great holiday in the hotel and in the island. We took notes of your criticism and we will do the best to improve in the future.
We hope you had a safe flight back and we would be glad to welcoming once again among us.

Best regards.
Coralie Tricard - Guest relations

Reviewed March 1, 2018

The hotel provide a basic base for our stay. The hotel was very clean, the selection of drinks and self service was good. Food was very limited but ok. We got stuck in the lift and it took over 10 minutes, 8 emergency calls before anyone answered. When they did answer they didn't speak English and just ended the call. The location is out of the way and car parking for car rental is very poor, about 15 parking spaces on waste land.

• Trip type: Traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
2  Thank michaelmB7415HC
Dunashotels, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Mirador Maspalomas by Dunas, responded to this reviewResponded March 2, 2018

Dear michaelmB7415HC,

thank you for your visit in our hotel Dunas Mirador and for your comment. We are happy to hear you were satisfied with our drinks and the self service. However we took notice of your criticism, especially your problem with the lift and we want to apology for your circumstances. We will do our best to improve this problem in the future.

We would be glad to welcoming once again among us.

Reviewed February 28, 2018 via mobile

Just back from a weeks winter break at this hotel. The hotel is situated in Sonnenland some distance above the main area of Maspalomas but there is a free shuttle bus to the lighthouse area which operates 4 times in the morning with return services from 2pm.
The reception area is bright open and modern. The rooms are in 3 blocks around a quite compact pool area (although the pools themselves are a decent size) which incorporates the pool bar/food area.
As with most hotels the signs saying it is forbidden to reserve loungers is totally ignored so needless to say getting a lounger can be problematic. There are plenty of beds although not all are in the sun (in February anyway). It has to be said that many of the beds are very very close together, not enough room to put a foot down in some places! This lead to a couple of unfortunate experiences with a cigar smoker and a ‘vaper’ When are hotels going to introduce and enforce a NO SMOKING policy around pools?
Our room on the second floor of block C was excellent. It looked to have been recently refurbished.
Most of the adverse reviews I read before our holiday concerned the quality and variety of food served in the main restaurant. Our experience was that food was fine. Not the greatest variety but very much in line with hotels of this standard. Plenty of beer, red white and rose wine on tap. With the same available at the pool bar.
All in all an excellent weeks holiday in a good value for money hotel.

Date of stay: February 2018
Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Dear Grobyblue,

Thank you for your visit in our hotel Dunas Mirador and for sharing your own experiences with us. We are happy to hear that you spent a beautiful stay and that you appreciated all the services proposed. However we have taken notice of your criticism to improve in the future.

We hope you had a safe flight back home and we would be glad to welcoming once again among us.

Reviewed February 28, 2018

Just back on Sunday after a brilliant all-inclusive week staying here. I was a bit worried at reading mixed reviews but seriously I shouldn't have. From the minute we arrived my husband and I were greeted with smiles and our check-in was completed within minutes. After going to our room we went back to reception and asked to be moved to Block B as I'd read that the sun shines on that block most of the day - that was no problem and we were booked into B403 and the sun did shine on that balcony all day! The room was spacious, clean and the bed was so comfortable! The room was cleaned and fresh towels left every day and the bed sheets once a week - perfect for us. The food was EXCELLENT! Breakfast, lunch and dinner was served in the main dinning hall. It was all freshly made and there was a vast array of choices to choose from - and dinner had a different theme each night. I did read that people complained about the queues for tea and coffee in morning but seriously maybe 2 or 3 people in front of me did not put me off - you are on holiday just chill. Apart from that snacks of burgers, hot dogs, chips, salad, cheese and ham are served at the poolside bar from 11-4.00 every day and cake and sandwiches from 4-5 pm. If you are all inclusive - all wine and beer is on tap along with soft drinks and tea/coffee. Spirits are served from the bars. Again I had read on some previous reviews that the wine was disgusting - no it wasn't - we loved it and had no complaints about it or the gin - but I have to say the gin at the outside pool bar was nicer than the bar where the indoor entertainment was - maybe it was the tonic they used! The animation team did a great job entertaining the kids on the complex and they put the entertainment on in evening. Now if you are looking for a wild time or rave up you wont get this here - it is more like a Butlin's children entertainment thing - but it was very light hearted and did the job. All -inclusive finishes at 11 pm but you can stock up on your drinks before this and to be honest after eating, drinking and sunbathing all day we were ready for bed at 12:30 and had a great night sleep ready to do it all again the next day. If you want to go out of the complex there is a courtesy bus that takes you into Maspalomas 3 times a day and back again. It is worth a trip as there are some lovey shops and a beautiful beach there. There is a Spar just to the right of the Hotel and a shopping centre about 10 mins walk away. One last thing it was our anniversary while staying there and the management left a bottle of champagne in our room and a congratulations note which was a lovely surprise. I would like to thank all the staff who work at this hotel because they were always smiling and helpful.We had a great time and would definitely recommend this hotel - a 3 Star Hotel with a 5 Star Attitude!

Room tip: A higher floor in Block B gets the sun all day - I was in B403 - perfect
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
3  Thank Clare Q

Dear Clare Q,

Thank you so much for your visit at our hotel and for sharing your own experiences with us. We are happy to hear that you spent a great holiday here and that you are appreciated the food and the staff. Also we are happy to know that we met your expectation.

We hope that you had a safe flight back and we would be glad to welcoming you once again in our Hotel Dunas Mirador.

Reviewed February 25, 2018 via mobile

Before I visited I was very worried after reading some of the negative reviews but I’m so happy I visited!

As soon as we arrived we was given our room card and bands, the hotel has ramps and lifts so it’s very accessible for all. The room was very clean, looked modern and had a large double pull out sofa bed which my 5 year old loved! We was on the 5th floor which was slightly daunting with a child and having no locks to the balcony’s so we had to completely blocked them off.

The weather was beautiful when we went for winter with highs at 22c, although I found the pools slightly too cold for my liking (only one is heated) this did not seem to worry my child.

I enjoyed the food and drink, there was a massive variety and if you like fish especially, as the menu seems to change the catering staff do not seem to know what’s for evening meal on request. However, a lady I spoke to rang the kitchen whilst I was there and gave me a list of food which I found was brilliant customer service!

The hotel is slightly away from the central which was my biggest concern before arriving but whilst there it was easy to get places. We walked from the hotel to el taro shopping centre (you can see from hotel) in about 10 minutes and the opposite way walked to holiday world in 15 and a nice little park at the bottom of the hill. To go to aqua land or playa del ingles it cost €3-€6 Euros but the desk ring the taxi and they are with you within seconds.

We had a brilliant time and was very happy with the stay!

Negatives: need locks on balcony doors if children are in rooms and heated pools in winter.

Trip type: Traveled with family
4  Thank Holly L
Dunashotels, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Mirador Maspalomas by Dunas, responded to this reviewResponded February 26, 2018

Dear Holly L,

Thank you for your visit and for sharing your own experience in our hotel Dunas Mirador. We are happy to know that you and your family spent a beautiful stay and that you appreciate the staff and all services proposed.
However, we have taken notes of your criticism on the safety on balcony's door that we hopefully will improve as soon as possible.
We hope you had a safe flight back.
We would glad to welcome you once again in our hotel Dunas Mirador.

Best regards.