“Very good hotel - will recommend”

Dunas Mirador Maspalomas
Ranked #61 of 216 Hotels in Maspalomas
Bracknell
“Very good hotel - will recommend”
Reviewed January 5, 2010

Just got back from Dunas Mirador in Maspalomas, and we were very pleased with our stay. The hotel is very good for a 3 star, with spacious and clean rooms, good pool area with one pool heated. We found the food to be excellent with a good variety, the beer is good quality but the wine is really not nice - so we were drinking beer instead.
Contrary to other reviews we found the staff to be both friendly and helpful - maybe the people who complained about this needs to be reminded that All Inclusive does not meen tips included, it is always a good idea to treat the staff respectfully and give them tips occationally. The hotel is located in the outskirts of Maspalomas away from the beach, but a taxi to the beach front is only about 4 euros.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled with family
2 Thank MvMortensen

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (574)
  • Polish first
Wirral
Reviewed December 31, 2009

Got transferred for green oasis to here, great room overlooking pool,
good drinks from bar nice food.
very good large swimming pool and warm heated smaller pool, lot of guests wearing thong around pool, but you would expect this in spain, catered well for gay couples, clean lagre rooms, great nudiest beach about 30 minutes walk.
would go back next year.
More like 4 *

• Stayed December 2009, traveled with family
Liverpool
Reviewed December 23, 2009

I stayed here the week before christmas and am going home on christmas eve, tomorrow. I contacted the hotel direct via email regarding my booking and requested a quiet room, with a nice view and a sunny room. As I am a solo guest wanted to relax in my room. I arrived just after 9pm and the restaurant had closed so was advised can have a cold buffet but you will wait till 10.30pm. Went to room and it is in the round building which means the rooms are wedge shape and small. I looked out of the window and I had a view of the bottle bank and the service delivery entry and a very busy and noisy main road. I went back to reception and asked about changing rooms. The girl on reception said she was training and that no pool view rooms where available , only rooms with a view of the road but she would have to check with the other reception person about changing when she came back off her break. Another view of the road was not really going to change anything so I stayed where I was. You would think that out of 3 requests that the hotel could possibly grant me at least one but no , not possible. I could not sit on the balcony because that side of the hotel is windy and does not get much sun`plus the noise from the busy road makes this impossible. Things didnt get any better when later on I realised my room is also above the disco. So the 3 things I didn´t want, I got, a noisy, dark room with a bad view. If I had known that was the type of room I was going to get I would never have made the reservation. I wanted to wake up in the morning and open my curtains and look out at a pool and feel like I was on holiday. Not feel like a prisoner in a room where you can not open the patio doors cause of noise and bad view and no sun. The hotel should consider that solo guests may wish to relax in the room in the evening rather than sit in the bar. I talked to other guests who arrived after me who have been allocated pool view..........also beware of small grey haired man in lobby bar. very very rude. First time I went there no hello , goodbye or thank you just a bad attitude. Second night I went there was much improved, I saw his name was Navarro, however 2 other spanish men came to the bar and I didnt need to speak spanish to understand I was the subject of their banter. Lots of chat, laughing and looking over at me. I can honestly say that this is the only time I have ever been made to feel uncomfortable during my stay here. It wasnt a very pleasant experience but then he is not a very pleasant little man. All the other staff make you feel very welcome and the food is more than enough. Sometimes things run out but it is buffet style. Plenty of salad , would be nice to see some potatoes other than chips.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled solo

Travelers are raving about these Maspalomas hotels

norwich
Reviewed December 20, 2009

This is a very good hotel which for us was all inclusive. Very good selection of food which comprised of lovely soups, salad selection, excellent cooked meat and seafood. We did not have breakfast so we cannot comment but others said there was plenty of choice continental or english. I will point out that there was NO entertainment in the evenings all though it was advertised. This did not detract from the fact that the bar was easily accessible and the company we had on our holiday from varied countries was tip top. The hotel was along way from the beach but they laid on a complimentary bus. **Warning the beach is mostly nudist*** As there was no entertainment in the evenings and the hotel along way from the hub of Maspolomas taxis were necessay but cheap. I would recommend this hotel if you just want to get away for a week of peace and quiet.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple
montrose
Reviewed December 10, 2009

Just came back from a weeks all inclusive. Wasn't our first choice as we had booked into the green oasis, but 4 days before leaving i found out we had been changed to mirador. we were disapointed and did check the reviews but do have to say we were definately pleasantly surprised. the hotel was lovely, we had 2 double rooms overlooking the pool bar. the food was excellent, great choice for breakfast dinner and tea. some food may have been not as hot as you would like, but you have to remember you are all inclusivea and not paying for a restaurant,. it was expensive enough to eat out so the food was excellent value for money. the drinks were great, help yourself to beer, wine and fanta/coke, no cheap imitations, it was great! oh and the sangria and cocktials were at the bar, they were tasty!! the pools were great, one was refreshingly cold the other was heated, and never had a problem getting a sunbed. the only downside was there wasn't anywhere to walk to in the evening, not much choice of shops or bars round about, that would have been nice. Never tried the entertainment as it didnt start till half ten, and that was when the all inclusive bar ended, just happy to be away on a relaxing family holiday. waterpolo, shooting, table tennis etc organized eveyday but most folk were there just to get the sun. The location wasn't too bad, but just a shame there wasn't other shops, bars etc round about, but if you think about turkey, they have all inclusive holiday places to encorage you to stay within the place. So we had a great holiday, dont listen to the bad reviews, a holiday is what you make it!!

• Stayed November 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank shopperles
London town
Reviewed December 1, 2009

Booked a cheap deal with sun 4 u and flights with ryanair, We arrived at the hotel and was very impressed with the hotel and staff at reception checked in very quick by nice girl at the desk. The room was very big and clean you could have got 2 more bed in it was that big but the sofa could be made into a bed i think. pools one was heated the other larger pool was the coldest pool ever but it was great to jump in as it was 28 degrees when i was there the pool had a small slide for the kids and a jacuzzi. The food was ok good choice at all meal times you cannot complain about it also you could have burgers hots dogs chips etc etc at the pool bar all the drinks were a self server in the day from the machines not watered now either the Pepsi was Pepsi not some cheap crap the beer was good too San Miguel. Never went to a show but it did have one on most nights the disco was open when i went but never went.. You had to get a taxi or the bus to most places but it was cheap to get to places by taxi. This hotel was a good 3 star hotel and well worth it i will be going again very soon if i can get a cheap deal.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled with family
Market Drayton, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 11, 2009

just arrived back from a brilliant holiday at this hotel. We booked as an allocate on arrival so went with open minds, we were not expecting too much so when we arrived at this hotel we were gladly suprised. We were checked in with no fuss and shown how to get to our room. The room was bright and clean ( the only thing lacking was air conditioning) My husband is a very fussy eater and even he liked the food, the staff were polite and i would recommend this hotel to anyone. All in all we liked it that much we are planning our next holiday to the same hotel.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple