I very rarely write reviews on here but always read them. However I felt I had to write one in defense of this hotel, especially as I nearly changed my booking due to them.
We found this to be a great family holiday. The hotel is spotlessly clean, food was good, and we had a lovely time.
We returned yesterday from a break from 1-8 Jan 2014, 2 adults, 2 children ages 3, 5. We had a lovely room, facing the pool with a sunny balcony D211. Temp between 20-25 degrees.
We normally stay in 4/5 star hotels so I had low expectations but the hotel exceeded them!
The breakfast was lovely - great breads, doughnuts, cereals, eggs omlettes and pancakes freshly made to order. Every lunch and dinner there was a freshed cooked meat or fish. We are fussy eaters but always found something to eat.
The bedroom was very clean, beds comfy, pillows fine.
No the pool isnt heated so most people go in the little pool or jacuzzi. We preferred to spend 4 euros and grab a cab to the beach.
Cabs were readily available and cheap.
The football teams that arrived were impeccably behaved and did not bother anyone.
Yes drinks from the pool bar came in a plastic cup but I could live with that. Wine at dinner and tea/coffees were all served in glass/ china.
Our children enjoyed the mini disco of an evenin, the animation team were always very fun and energetic and we watched the shows on a couple of evenings, otherwise we were happy to grab a drink and sit on our balcony.
The hotel could provide a more secure kids club that books children in/out and does not have an open door policy, which meant I was not happy to leave my children there as they were too young to not be appropriately suppervised. That said we happily went to the beach as a family instead.
The sound proofing of corridors/ rooms was not great and did wake me occasionally but I could live with it.
We also booked massgaes for 29 euros each for 55 minutes that were fantastic!
The reception desk were always helpful and accomodating, moving our room after 2 nights so we could have a sunny balcony in block D.
For what we paid (approx £400 total for the week AI for 4 people, not incl flights, transfers) we were very happy and would consider returning.
Thi is a good 3 star hotel, go enjoy yourselves!!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The varied entertainment program for all ages and its spacious double and family rooms make this the ideal place to make the most of every minute of a family holiday. Located in Sonnenland (Maspalomas), there is a free shuttle bus service to the beach several times a day. Relax in the jacuzzi between 2 swimming pools and let us keep your family amused with our extensive entertainment program. This hotel is ideal for families or couples seeking a fun place to be and who want to enjoy the day with us. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, Orbitz, Travelocity, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Evoline ltd, Cheap Tickets, Agoda and HotelQuickly so you can book your Dunas Mirador Maspalomas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dunas Mirador Maspalomas Hotel Maspalomas
- Dunas Mirador Hotel Maspalomas
- Maspalomas Dunas Mirador Hotel
- Dunas Mirador Maspalomas Gran Canaria