Have just got back from a week holiday at the hotel with my girlfriend, we went all inclusive. This is our first time visiting Gran Canaria and had an excellent time with lovely weather!
First impressions of the hotel were very good, staff at reception looked after us well giving a map and made sure we knew how to find our room, also they knew how to speak English very well which is helpful!
Hotel room was very nice and clean we stayed in "Block F" and the balcony had a great view of the pool, only thing I will criticize is the fact it was 2 single beds pushed together instead of a double bed.
All inclusive food was good, some of it was a bit repetitive, but still enjoyable, fresh and topped up regularly.
Entertainment was very good through day and night thanks to the "animation team" who worked very hard to please all with fun activities such as water polo, archery and aqua gym. Evening entertainment included a mini disco for kids, awards for the daytime activities, karaoke and a variety of fun games that involved everyone. There are also prizes to be won for winners of games etc. Including bottles of champagne and vouchers for a free massage at the hotel.
They also do waxing, facials, manicures etc.
We felt that entertainment could have carried on longer in the disco at night, as it finished at 11pm. Although the bar is still open until 2am, all inclusive drinks also finish at 11pm. As well as the animation team there were other external entertainment on certain nights such as a parrot show.
There are 2 pools, both of which were very cold, the smaller one nearer to reception was bearable but couldn't stay in the other for longer than 5 mins, this might be okay when hotter in summer though. The Jacuzzi was also cold, supposed to be hot?
Wifi is available throughout the hotel at a reasonable price although drops out regularly but there are also computers available to use at reception at 10mins for 1 euro.
The whole hotel is kept very clean and we were very impressed with the attention to detail.
All bar staff were friendly in the pool bar and the bar at the disco and the staff soon learned what my order was going to be and had my drinks ready before I had even asked them for the drinks!
The area that surrounds the hotel had local shops which was useful for snacks and souvenirs and the hotel also provide a free bus service to the beach and when a taxi is requested at reception they arrive very promptly from as little as 30 seconds!!! (which took us by surprise compared to the UK).
In summary, we really enjoyed the hotel and felt very welcome- would like to visit again one day and certainly look into more hotels from Dunas.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The varied entertainment program for all ages and its spacious double and family rooms make this the ideal place to make the most of every minute of a family holiday. Located in Sonnenland (Maspalomas), there is a free shuttle bus service to the beach several times a day. Relax in the jacuzzi between 2 swimming pools and let us keep your family amused with our extensive entertainment program. This hotel is ideal for families or couples seeking a fun place to be and who want to enjoy the day with us. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Agoda, Cheap Tickets, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Dunas Mirador Maspalomas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dunas Mirador Maspalomas Hotel Maspalomas
- Dunas Mirador Hotel Maspalomas
- Maspalomas Dunas Mirador Hotel
- Dunas Mirador Maspalomas Gran Canaria