Had a good 7 day break in a two bedroom two storey apartment at Bahia Meloneras Fase 2. Although the furniture in our particular apartment (81) was very tired with very uncomfortable beds, it was spotlessly clean and we had everything we needed. It was for sale so maybe new owners would refurbish. The roof terrace was perfect for sunbathing and had fabulous views. Lisa Dickinson who arranged our last minute stay was incredibly helpful - can't recommend her enough! I also recommend Steve Cashley for the airport run; nice chap and his local knowledge is invaluable. Lisa will put you in touch with him.
The large pool area is lovely - very clean, well kept although unheated - but in early April the water was warm enough even for wussy me. Loads of sunloungers and umbrellas. The bar and grill is permanently closed but a two minute stroll back to the apartment to bring back refreshments is no problem, now is it? Especially when you have two teenage girls to do the job :).
The apartments are in the very quiet western end of Meloneras. The beautiful marble floored and pillared shopping mall along the beach front is almost empty and there are about 6 or 7 restaurants along the front, 5 minutes walk from the apartments. We were VERY pleasantly surprised by the excellent quality and presentation of every single meal we had in all 4 restaurants we tried. Ciao Ciao was the busiest - best marketed? - and with a very nice inside dining area as well as the sheltered outside areas that all the restaurants have. El Pescadore and Hemingways served food that was just as delicious as Ciao Ciao and immaculately presented. All the restaurants had very friendly, welcoming and professional staff. We were surprised that the restaurants were so quiet - half a dozen tables dining each night in each one, but the superb 5* hotels in the area are now doing all inclusive packages, so why should hotel guests leave the complex....? This policy seems to have killed the tourist trade for shops/bars/restaurants. However, apparantly a marina is soon going to be built - the road infrastructure is in place already and this development should kickstart a revival in trade.
We would return to the area and to the apartments but I would ask Lisa for a different apartment to number 81. I believe all the other apartments she looks after are much nicer in terms of furnishings and she had to scrabble around for this one at my request - it wasn't one of her usual ones. However, as a last minute break it was fine.
Thank you Lisa and Steve, you were both brilliant. More sunshine for us next time please though :) !
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Wonderful bungalows for rent for holidays. Fully equipped. 2 bedrooms, kitchen, 2 bathrooms, living room and terrace. Some of the bungalows have an extra room.The complex has a great swimming pool , and it is situated just infront of the beach. Perfect to travel alone, in couples or with the family. We have cradles if needed. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA and Priceline so you can book your Bahia Meloneras Bungalows reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bahia Meloneras Bungalows Hotel Maspalomas
- Bahia Meloneras Bungalows Maspalomas, Gran Canaria