We stayed at the H10 Playa Meloneras Palace from 9 December 2013 for 10 days and had a thoroughly relaxing time. The hotel is situated in a quiet area with an excellent promenade walk into central Meloneras about 25 minutes away.
After reading the Trip Advisor reviews we decided to upgrade to Privilege when we booked and we were not disappointed. We were on floor 7 with great views over the grounds and the sea. Also being on floor 7 meant we didn't have anyone above us clonking around in their high heels late at night. Rooms were spacious with excellent facilities including in-room Nespresso type coffee makers. Although I think a turn-down service is a waste of time (apart from the chocolates) it was strange that it was done before 7pm most days!
Privilege guests can use the Gaudi à la carte restaurant, which we did probably every other evening. We thought the food in the Tamadaba buffet restaurant was varied and well presented - if you couldn't find something you liked then you must be extremely fussy. We did enjoy the quiet serenity of the Gaudi restaurant and had some excellent meals. The main menu was limited and the same every night apart from the chefs special which I had a couple of times and thoroughly enjoyed.
Another benefit for Privilege guests was the free use of the gym and heated pools in the Despacio Spa Centre which was especially convenient on the couple of days when it rained. I used the gym quite a bit which is well equipped and maintained. The only problem with the gym is during heavy rain downpours the roof leaks (the Spanish don't seem to know how to make their buildings water-tight) so it could not be used.
As we elected to go half board we used the poolside La Choza restaurant a few times for lunchtime snacks which were reasonable in size and price.
The hotel grounds are well laid out with two outdoor swimming pools. There were plenty of sun loungers around the grounds and a number of wicker beds with nicely padded mattresses on them. We had no problem with getting one of the wicker beds after we had finished our breakfast, although we did notice a number had obviously been "reserved" by people before the 10 o'clock deadline. We saw the staff go round before 10am and remove towels etc from these beds, but only on one morning.
The hotel staff provided a good service and were friendly, most gave a cheery greeting as they passed you by.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The H10 Playa Meloneras Palace is located in Meloneras, in the south of Gran Canaria, an excellent location in a quiet seafront area next to some of the island's exclusive golf courses. Its recently refurbished rooms, new Chill-Out terrace with sea views, manicured gardens and Despacio Spa Centre give this hotel its special charm. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Booking.com, TravelUp, Hotwire, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your H10 Playa Meloneras Palace reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- h10 Playa Meloneras Palace Hotel Maspalomas
- H10 Playa Meloneras Palace Maspalomas, Gran Canaria
- Playa Meloneras Palace
- Gran Canaria Meloneras
- Meloneras Palace