“The all inclusive package is excellent”

H10 Playa Meloneras Palace
Ranked #8 of 218 Hotels in Maspalomas
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed January 28, 2013

Stayed for a week with 3 friends, Arrived on 14th Jan. The staff were all very friendly and the weather was excellent the entire week. We booked the all inclusive option which was excellent. Imagine one could chose premium drinks such as Bombay saphire gin, Gordons, Beefeaters etc, and the same with whisky such as Bells, Jameson, J and B and even Jack Daniels. Irish coffees, cocktails, Baileys . all sorts!
The food in the main buffet restaraunt was excellent. Proper fresh orange juice at breafast and cava! cooking stations for omlettes and fried eggs. Help yourself to fresh fruits cerela, yoghurts, cold meats cheeses it was amazing nd the same at lunchtime and dinner. Dinner always had a selection of 2 fish dished and meat dishes cooked fresh, there was even fillet steak one evening, duck breasts, lamb chops. There was also gorgeous langostines to help yourself to!

The receommended house wine was ok although could have been a bit better. Having said that the white and rose was always placed in an ice bucket at the side of the table.

I would recommend this Hotel to anyone and I hope to return again next January!

Room Tip: above 3rd floor, we had ground floor
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank rharbin
ManagerMeloneras, Equipo Directivo at H10 Playa Meloneras Palace, responded to this reviewResponded February 3, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your detailed review concerning your most recent visit here at the H10 Playa Meloneras Palace.

We all are delighted to hear that you and your friends had such a pleasant stay here on Gran Canaria and that you will come back next year.

Your detailed description is not only valuable for other travellers, but also a wonderful feedback to share with all members of our team.

It has been a pleasure and honour having you as our guests and we all are looking forward to welcoming you back next January.

Sunny regards from Gran Canaria,

H10 Playa Meloneras Palace Team

Write a ReviewReviews (3,706)

Reviewed January 26, 2013

We spent an excellent week at the H10 in January and were very impressed by both the levels of service from the hotel staff and the hotel itself. Our luggage was delayed in Madrid and the girl on reception ( apologies cannot recall her name but she was originally from Slovenia or Slovakia) immediately arranged for the toiletries we required until our luggage arrived to be sent to our room. The hotel itself is spotless and really well designed with the sunloungers not all cramped together as in some hotels. We took the half board option and the food was perfectly adequate and restaurant service fast, friendly and efficient. The food in the restaurant down beside the pool was excellent for a lunch time snack also. The room was excellent (only issue was the hardness of the pillows a choice would be welcome) with a large balcony and sunloungers.

As per other comments the only slight issue was that the only pool that was heated was the infintity pool something the hotel should look at. From a location aspect this is not Playa de Ingles so do not expect to party until dawn in Meloneras but there is a taxi rank right outside the hotel and a taxi into Playa de Ingles is circa 5 euros each way. There are restaurant and a call of bars outside the hotel down towards the beach and a walk along the lovely promenade to Maspolomas.

Room Tip: All rooms look out on to the sea so the only advice for a good view would be to ask for a high floor
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank stevemNewcastle

Dear H10 Playa Meloneras Palace Guest,

Thank you very much for sharing your opinion about your stay on TripAdvisor. It is a pleasure to read that you had an excellent stay and that we were able to achieve your expectatives.

Specially, we would like to thank your comments about our staff. The H10 Team works very hard everyday to offer our guests the best service and to make their holidays unforgettable, and it is great and a motivation to read that we got our target.

We hope to welcome you again in a near future. If you need assistance with your next stay, do not hesitate to contact us.

Reviewed January 9, 2013

The hotel was chosen by chance, it was suggested as one of many by the booking webpage I use, and was chosen because it had a good price related to the 5-star standard it claimed. The booking engine offered no other option tha a standard rate (with breakfast).

The hotelbuilding is rather impressive, in a Gaudi-inspired architecture. It looks great from the outside, as well on the inside, with very creative design details. One could probably walk around in the hotel and gardens for a couple of weeks and discover new exciting building details every day.

As to our stay:
Check in: We got checked in swiftly and efficiently by a friendly lady. But when I asked for a room high up with a seawiev, I was told this was not possible, as I had booked a standard room. I said that this was the only rate available at time of booking, and that I could pay for an upgrade. She answered right offhand that this was not possible as all the "Prestige"-rooms were occupied. Well, maybe she knew this offhand, but this is a fairly big hotel with lot of rooms, and cancellations and no-shows do happen, so a quick check on the booking would have reassured me.

The room: Well, anyway, the standard room was very nice, with two queensize beds and a sofa and comfy chair. Quite spacious and with a terrace outside. Instead of seaview we looked out at a tropical garden. Only problem with this is that cats roam the area, and one was always on the alert that they would not enter the terrace and even the room. It didn't happen, though. One cat tried to enter the terrace, but actually took no for an answer, other passing cats didn't even try to contact us.

The room appeared new, I guess it was quite recently renovated and gave a good impression. Housekeeping and cleaning was immaculate.

The beds were hard and not very comfortable. But for all I know this may be spanish standard?

However, in a 5-star hotel I would expect such things as coffee- and teamaking-facilities in the room, bathrobes/slippers and free WIFI.

We were very close to the pool and a pool bar. The water in the pool was so cold, it was close to useless.

Breakfast: The only meal we took at the hotel was breakfast. It was very good with buffets with wide selection of any kind of breakfast food one could wish for. The only complaint, is that the omelet made to order was so popular, one often would have to wait in a long line to get your omelet.

The staff attending the table was efficient, but appeared stressed. I missed a knife at the table, and when I asked a girl if she could get one for me, she brusquely answered "Buenos Diaz Senor, uno momentito!" in what seemed to me to be an irritated tone. I had no idea if I had gotten through with my request, but apparently I had, she came back a few minutes later with the knife. (No cutlery available for guest to pick up themselves). This actually happened to me twice.

Location: We didn't like it. This hotel is tha last in a long row of rather large resorts, making the distance to where "everything happened" in Meloneras very long, It was a 1,5km walk to Meloneras "center". Below the hotel was a quite nice shopping center, but most of the shops and services was closed and out of business. It appeared more like a ghost-town. Except for on the ground floor, close to the beach, were there were a few quite nice restaurants. But if one wanted some more, one had to go somewhere else, at least the walk to Meloneras.

The beach below, in front of the shopping center was not nice. It had quite nice sand for you to either rent a sunbed, or spread your towel on. But to get down to the water, one had to walk across a wide belt of rocks and stones. And when one got down to the water, one would have to walk another nautical mile to get wet above the knees, it was very shallow. If swimming at the beach is important, chose another hotel!

Check-out: A short wait for a lady to appear from the office. Although she appeared to be attending to me and the settling of the bills, her mind seemed to be somewhere else. When I tried to correct the minibar-charge (in the hotels favour), I had to say "hello" and wait for a reaction, to be sure I had her attention.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
17  Thank Oddak
Management response:Responded January 16, 2013

Dear H10 Playa Meloneras Palace guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience on TripAdvisor.

We are very happy to read that you liked the architecture and our facilities.

We are very sorry to know that you could not have an upgrade during your stay. As my colleague informed you, during these days we had such a high ocuppation of those rooms that an upgrading was almost impossible. We always reccomend our guest to request in advance these type of rooms as its demand is very high. However, we are glad to know that you finally liked the room assigned.

We would like to inform you that there is a coffe-tea service available under request and free Wifi in the common areas of the hotel, which in the near future will be also available in all the rooms.

We have taken good notice of your comments about the staff. Be sure that they will help us to improve our services and standards.

We will be more than happy to welcome you again.

Reviewed January 9, 2013

Stayed here 3 times before it had been refurbished satisfied then. Spent 2 weeks with 2 friends in Novermber the new decor is absolutely beautiful especially the dining room. The selection of food was excellent and something to suit all tastes They were always filling up the dishes with fresh food..The staff were very friendly and always greeted you with a smile especially the head waiters. The rooms were very clean and spacious. The pool area was cleaned every morning before guest were out and hosed down and the sun beds kept clean. I would recommend this hotel to anyone and I am sure they would not be disappointed. Anyone who has cause to complain must be very picky and always finding fault no matter where they go.
I have stayed in hotels more expensive and they did not come near the excellence of this hotel.
in all ways. Will definately be back keep up the good work.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
6  Thank Sheila C
ManagerMeloneras, Equipo Directivo at H10 Playa Meloneras Palace, responded to this reviewResponded January 16, 2013

Dear Sheila,

It has been a pleasure to read your comments published on Tripadvisor and we wish to thank you for taking the time to share your holiday experiences with us and other travellers.

We are delighted to learn that you and your friends had an exceptional and overall relaxing holidays in our hotel. Thank you for mentioning the kindness of our staff. Your words are a huge motivation for us to keep on working and offer the best service.

With renewed thanks for recommending our hotel to friends and family and hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back to stay with us in the near future.

Reviewed January 7, 2013

My family stayed in this hotel for Xmas and new year I can honestly say that it was a lovley hotel rooms cleaned every day and everywhere was spotless. The food was excellent
Weather beautiful an in perticular the head waiter Nicola was fantastic and so was the rest of the crew nothing was too much trouble we will definitely returning thanks to your staff. Only one little idea maybe an ironing board in the rooms or facility to hire one xx.

Room Tip: Rooms in the 300 or higher are better ground floor are a bi dark
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank debs443

Dear H10 Playa Meloneras Palace guest,

It is wonderful to read your personal review on Tripadvisor regarding your recent Christmas holidays at our hotel.

We are truly pleased to hear that you felt comfortable from the very beginning and that you fully enjoyed the welcoming ambience, the service and our gastronomy.

Nicola was more than happy to see that you mentioned him on Tripadvisor. We also want to thank you for mentioning the good work of the staff, as this is exactly what makes them love their jobs.

Once again, we want to take the opportunity to thank you very much for your comments and do hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed January 4, 2013

Over the years my partner and I have made more visits to Gran Canary than I care to remember. Although the weather can be wonderful, the hotels and general infrastructure of the Island more often than not, fails to meet expectations. As such, we have not visited for several years and it was only the chance of getting some winter sun that persuaded me to go in early December to the H10 Meloneras Palace.

What a surprise. The weather was wonderful, but the Hotel was sublime. I can honestly say that I have never stayed in any facility on the Island that meets the standards of service and accommodation, which we found on this occasion. Fantastic reception on our arrival, and made to feel very welcome. Great food, stunning facilities and peace and quiet when we most needed it. Above all, the courtesy and good nature of the staff made this a holiday to remember. Overall, I cannot fault the quality of the hotel and as a five star establishment, it lived up to its reputation and has been one of the best value for money experiences I have encountered.

Room Tip: All rooms look out to sea, but the higher rooms and those on the front, have excellent sea views. Ho...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank profpaullewis

Dear H10 Playa Meloneras Palace guest,

We wish to thank you for your comments on Tripadvisor and highly appreciate your feedback regarding your recent stay at the hotel.

It has been a pleasure to read that you enjoyed your time with us and that we were able to make your stay a memorable one. Especially your kind words regarding our staff were very much appreciated. Please be assured that we passed these on to our team as a high motivation to keep on working to offer a 5* service.

We look forward to seeing you again soon and remain

with kind regards,

Reviewed January 2, 2013

Stayed here for Oct half term 2 adults , 1 child. Weather could not have been better. Went half board, breakfast was good, although the male doing the pancakes was extremely sour and miserable (on his days off a lady served who was much more pleasant) and considering the majority of takers for pancakes are kids , they need to sort this out.
We were half board-mainly we had lunch rather than dinner, it was ok, got a bit 'samey' after a while.
The room was lovely, clean and spacious, and the entertainment was good for my son. They also had a mini club which he sometimes liked to attend.
The biggest disappointment for me was this:- it was my husbands birthday during our stay, and I emailed the hotel prior to provide a bottle of wine or anything as a surprise. I did not even get a reply.
We are H10 club members, and as such we received a gift pack on arrival-great. But not to even get a response, I thought this was pretty poor. I would have gladly paid for it, but it was the surprise element I wanted.
We went to a restaurant near to the hotel , and they made more of a fuss of my husband.
The area itself was clean, but lacked vibrancy.
Don't think I would return, although the hotel itself was clean,staff were nice, the birthday incident put me off

Room Tip: ask for a room in the 200's , close to all amenities and not noisy.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank travellingkid

Dear H10 Playa Meloneras Palace guest,

Thank you for feedback published on Tripadvisor.

We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and appreciated the quality of our food and the helpfulness of our staff.

We are sorry to read about your disappointment concerning your husband´s birthday. We are really surprised to read about it because the hotel use to send special birthday attentions in these cases and it is really a pitty that you could not enjoy it.

We hope to have the opportunity to show you our improvement in your next vacation.

H10 Playa Meloneras Palace Team

Also consider these accommodations in or near Maspalomas
Melia Tamarindos
Seaside Palm Beach
#5 of 218 in Maspalomas
Sheraton Gran Canaria Salobre Golf Resort
Lopesan Villa del Conde Resort & Corallium Thalasso

Been to H10 Playa Meloneras Palace? Share your experiences!